Home General Discussion
Options

Davidoff shop opens in Houston

GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

After an unexpected delay, Davidoff's Houston Flagship Store is open for business. 

It features an open, non-members cigar lounge and a Houston only Davidoff Houston Edition cigar that can only be purchased at this store. 
The secret word is cigars! 

Comments

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know what you think. Going to the one in NYC in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    GrouchoM 
    we should meet there for a smoke one day. 
    Danny B
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrouchoM said:

a Houston only Davidoff Houston Edition cigar that can only be purchased at this store. 
    Do you have any info on that cigar?
    Price and what vitolas?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Oh no @0patience. I just posted an article. I've never smoked a Davidoff in my 5 mths smoking. Don't expect to see one in 5 years. Just reporting the news, not making it. I'm a Spec's kind of guy, still waiting to hear back from a BnM I like to see if they'll approve on letting me shop there.

Yeah, I'd be no help in that department. 
  • Options
    Uhm, you need permission to shop at another store? You have a contract with them or something?  :#

Tell them you are shopping there for me. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Ha ha. Famous last words literally.  Remember, I'm in Texas and we have open carry. So, let's say I went to Davidoffs, but never did.

Regarding the BnM I like, my buddy said check one out and that will be my last visit to the liqour store for smokes. Which he was right, but this place doesn't take highclass low-life's like me, so we'll see soon, if I make the cut.
  • Options
    If you make the cut? Screw that. 
    They require a membership or something?

I get being loyal, but I make no secret to my local shop that I buy stuff online and he knows I still buy a lot from him, so he treats me good. 

My grandfather owned a jeep dealership in the 50s and as a native, he didn't see a lot of high class buying from him, but since the cadillac dealer didn't treat the pig farmers well, they would pay cash for jeeps from him, because he treated them with respect. He always told me that the secret is to treat people how you would like to be treated and they will return to you for business.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Agreed. But, I think my self-deprecating sense of humor got the better of both of us. I wasn't serious. I was just being over the top. The BnMs here are great communal places and the owners are doing quite well supplying EVERYBODY.

But, in regards to Davidoffs,  a lot of us locals are going to probably steer clear. Not many of us, from what I gather smoke sticks that expensive and the location, while upscale is a traffic nightmare, which equates to more trouble than its worth for us. Also, keep seeing guys mention tons of down to earth lounges opening up all across the city-where people are flocking in droves.

So, from what I've discussed with other BOTL, Davidoff should be fine with the clientele that they market to (we're actually a very international city). But, I and a lot of other regular local smokers like our sticks with a lot more punch and value. Give me a Illusione Rothechild any day, but maybe when that day comes I feel the same about a Davidoff. Who knows, but until then I'll read about it like everybody else (tongue firm planted in cheek).
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrouchoM said:

After an unexpected delay, Davidoff's Houston Flagship Store is open for business. 

It features an open, non-members cigar lounge and a Houston only Davidoff Houston Edition cigar that can only be purchased at this store. 
    If you pick a few up, I'd like to do a trade for one
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    I'd be inclined to send you a money order for one or two, depending on how proud they are of them.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Wait, wait...how in the blue blazes, did I, a newb of 5 mths become the Davidoff expert?

I repeat in my best public school vocabulary "I seriously doubt I'll be visiting the Houston Davidoff store in this or any lifetime. So, it is highly unlikely I'll be anybody's Davidoff mule, connection or go between. Ask El Chapo, I hear he available,  now that he's back in custody ". 

Ok, so are we square? I don't have time for this, there are several mutt missiles I should be smoking right about now.

Sheesh, post one article about a fancy cigar shop opening and people make you into Pablo Escobar...whew, hmmm? A lot of drug kingpins references.

In summation, as we say in Texas, "Not just no, hell no! Ain't gonna happen."

Now back to your scheduled programming. GrouchoM punching out.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they were just asking you to pick some up for them if they sent you money. But what ever.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to get me a couple too.  And hurry up.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    um, yeah.  What?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrouchoM said:
    Wait, wait...how in the blue blazes, did I, a newb of 5 mths become the Davidoff expert?

I repeat in my best public school vocabulary "I seriously doubt I'll be visiting the Houston Davidoff store in this or any lifetime. So, it is highly unlikely I'll be anybody's Davidoff mule, connection or go between. Ask El Chapo, I hear he available,  now that he's back in custody ". 

Ok, so are we square? I don't have time for this, there are several mutt missiles I should be smoking right about now.

Sheesh, post one article about a fancy cigar shop opening and people make you into Pablo Escobar...whew, hmmm? A lot of drug kingpins references.

In summation, as we say in Texas, "Not just no, hell no! Ain't gonna happen."

Now back to your scheduled programming. GrouchoM punching out.
    Yeah, you're right.
    Infact, I don'teven know why people smoke Davidoffs. I bet the people who smoke them are D*ck T*rd a$$holes.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Oh, that's was a real thing? Sorry, now I feel bad. 

I'd be happy to have you guys send me money to go to a premium cigar shop and mail them to you. 

You know the ashes are the best part I hear. So, yeah, as I think about it. Yes, I be honored to assist.