Home General Discussion
Options

Knight Lee Humidor - Need to knows

I just picked up an excellent 5 drawer Knight Lee Humidor. Is there any secrets I need to know about managing this unit?

Thanks for any advice
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pics would be helpful if possible, but in general no real tricks just use a proper humidification device such as Boveda packs and plenty of them to get the desired rH. Make sure you season it properly first and tips on that can be found in many many threads in the Cigar 101 area.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's this: It looks awesome. Hope it works out for you

KNIGHT LEE C5 Havana cigar Humidors cigar cabinet with constant temperature and humidity machine
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    lol, look not making fun at anyone but their website could use a better translator. :) 

http://www.knightlee.com/c/pj/20160625/50.html
  • Options
    dlbjrdlbjr Posts: 3
    That is it! Got it off Craigslist for $200 in excellent condition. runs on 220. I have it on a voltage converter and set at 20 Celsius and 70 rh.. I believe it is suppose to feed distilled water from behind, but I currently have Boveda packs in it.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a helluva buy
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is a great buy @dlbjr Cant wait to see pics when you get it up and running
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    dlbjrdlbjr Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Follow up:

The humidor is working great. I had to get a $20 110 to 220 Voltage Converter to get it plugged up. I extended the hose from behind that picks up water with the pump and ran it to a one gallon bottle of distilled water instead of the small cup below and filling the funnel every few days. Excellent investment for $200 off of Craigslist.

It will heat and cool to keep the temperature just perfect and keeps the humidity on target. I keep it at 65 Degrees Fahrenheit and 68 RH. It recovers quickly after opening the door. The door also locks to keep bandits (my Sons) out.

dlbjr,
    humy.jpg 340.5K