Home General Discussion
Options

What does everyone's ladies think about cigars?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    My wife can't stand that I smoke them, so I have had to put my foot down let her know her opinion on the matter is not needed....lol
  • Options
    "You smell like crap"... What can I say? I've taken to going out to the Man Room every afternoon. She hates the fine aroma of premium cigars (no accounting for taste) so I take Inky with me and fire one up. If you can't take a joke, take a douche.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    my wife walks the fine line between hating it and not liking it. for our anniversary in november she wanted to suprise me with some smokes but had no clue what to get, i guess it's the thought that counts. we vacation in gulf shores a couple of times each summer and cigar shops are every 50 feet down there and every time we're out she'll point one out to me but if i stop i get the eye roll/arm crossed look. i just make sure not to do it around her and to always brush my teeth afterwards. i like to think of it as a love/hate relationship. i love it and she hates that i love it.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    She doesn't think much of it, but tolerates it.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    My girlfriend loves the taste, and the smell. She'll smoke a cigar with me on occasion, or at least take a few draws of whatever I'm smoking. She also tends to lean toward the heavier cigars (her favorite thus far is the CAO American Reverse and the RP Decade.) She also will kiss me more after I've had a cigar :) for our two year anniversary she bought me a mini humidor with some great sticks, including a CAO Extreme Tubo, which is one of my favorite cigars, and pretty hard to find as well, and a pair of GoF's.
  • Options
    My girl friend will smoke with me a few times a week. She enjoys the Acid Blondies, Java Wafe (I am sure she will like any of the other Java's but thinks the Wafe is kinda cool), and will try most of the cigars I smoke. She enjoys the smell of the smoke, most of the time. Gotta love her though...she helped me build my humidor!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    My wife Actually Loves the Aroma and the thought that I have a Hobby that isn't Hanging out in Bars or strip joints. For Christmas she Bought me a Nice Burl-wood Humidor,a couple of nice assortment packs of Cigars, a Perfect o Traveldor, and a Rocky Patel Torch. She often offers a nice evening to sit and have a Cigar while she crushes me at Gin or we play Farkle...... we have great conversations. She also Takes me and Drops me off at the B7M to have a Smoke with the guys while she gets a manicure down the road! She is the Best! Guess I am a Lucky man!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I'm in the same boat w/ya Red. My wife was hooked after I had a business trip in Costa Rica. During my extended stay I had done some research and with speaking to the locals it wasnt long where I was planning to get a humi and start my collection. She loves the aroma and finds it sexy. She doesn't have a favorite smoke at this time but she trusts my judgement. Nothing beats a cold winter night with your loving wife in the hottub, glass of wine, and a great smoke. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    My girlfriend likes some smaller infused stuff... but she smokes all wrong and I just give up most of the time with her
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    My girlfriend likes some smaller infused stuff... but she smokes all wrong and I just give up most of the time with her
    Lassie...*uncomfortable silence*.....WE were talking about cigars
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob:
    Lasabar:
    Lassie...*uncomfortable silence*.....WE were talking about cigars
    ZING !! Nice one Bob !!
  • Options
    My wife is cool with it. When I first started she made a few attempts to smoke with me. But she wasn't really into it, and I got tired of seeing good cigars go to waste. I ordered that DE weekend blitz a month or so ago to try them out(never had infused), and ended up giving them to her after I tried one. She likes those OK enough.

She does do the 'eyeroll' when I get my second or third delivery in a week.
  • Options
    Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    the wife of almost 40 years has been putting up with cigars since we met , she is the one who INSISTED I build a smoking room, , my Qtr.Deck was her idea, I was never allowed to smoke in the house ( HER HOUSE, i just pay for it ) but most saturday & sunday evenings we both go for a cigar ride , about 6 PM on saturday we get in the car just before the Parrie Home Companion is broadcast on NPR , at first she didnt like Garrison Keillior but now she looks forward to the show, & on Sunday nights the Sunday Night Dinor playing oldies from the 50's & 60's is on till we switch stations to Echoes with John deBartola on a different NPR station in Pittsburgh , she didnt like it 15 years ago but has become a fan, there have been evenings we have put 100 miles on the car riding the back roads & watching for deer , lately it has been a lot less time in the car , more time at the gas pumps hahaha, back when gas was under 50 cents a gallon, there was nothing stopping us, now at 2.70 a gallon , we stay off the highways & keep it a lot more local staying on the back roads & 2 lane backtops , well I still have a few cigars from our wedding & have the spaced out to finish the last one for our 50th anniv. IF she dosent kill me in the next 10 years hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Vince O:
    the wife of almost 40 years has been putting up with cigars since we met , she is the one who INSISTED I build a smoking room, , my Qtr.Deck was her idea, I was never allowed to smoke in the house ( HER HOUSE, i just pay for it ) but most saturday & sunday evenings we both go for a cigar ride , about 6 PM on saturday we get in the car just before the Parrie Home Companion is broadcast on NPR , at first she didnt like Garrison Keillior but now she looks forward to the show, & on Sunday nights the Sunday Night Dinor playing oldies from the 50's & 60's is on till we switch stations to Echoes with John deBartola on a different NPR station in Pittsburgh , she didnt like it 15 years ago but has become a fan, there have been evenings we have put 100 miles on the car riding the back roads & watching for deer , lately it has been a lot less time in the car , more time at the gas pumps hahaha, back when gas was under 50 cents a gallon, there was nothing stopping us, now at 2.70 a gallon , we stay off the highways & keep it a lot more local staying on the back roads & 2 lane backtops , well I still have a few cigars from our wedding & have the spaced out to finish the last one for our 50th anniv. IF she dosent kill me in the next 10 years hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
    I thought for a minute that the website morphed into a short story in readers digest!
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭

My wife buys me sticks now and then. She generally doesn't like the smell of smoke, but I never smoke inside so it isn't a big deal...there is one caveat though, when we are in the woods in Northern Canada on a canoe or backpacking trip, she always wants me to light one up...I like to call it the most enjoyable bug repellent ever.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    My wife i very cool about the cigars and at family events she will torch one up with all the guys, she also got me a hand roller as a wedding present that was at our reception hand rolling cigars for all the guests to enjoy ...... the only thing she is not a fan of and at times iam not either is going to an location that has bad circulation and a lot of people smoking, just how bad the clothes smell .......... but i feel blessed that she partakes and supports my hobby and her favorite cigar is the RP 1990
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My wife is definetly supportive. While she doesn't enjoy cigars much herself she doesn't mind that I do and she has picked up some very quality sticks for me.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My wife doesn't buy any for me, but she doesn't mind me smoking. She even smokes the occassional infused stick herself. She likes the Isle Del Sol's from DE. and will sometimes take a draw off a stick I am smoking if she likes the smell.

She just spent a week covering up a tray with Cigar labels, that I now need to clearcoat. It looks good. So all in all she is OK with my choice of hobbies.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    My Fiance bought me my first humidor and and 15 sticks to fill it for Xmas in 08. 2 Humi's later, she might be regretting it, but she never makes me feel guilty about smoking or smelling like I just smoked. Overall she's supportive so I don't rock the boat.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    robbyras:
    My Fiance bought me my first humidor and and 15 sticks to fill it for Xmas in 08. 2 Humi's later, she might be regretting it, but she never makes me feel guilty about smoking or smelling like I just smoked. Overall she's supportive so I don't rock the boat.
    She's a keeper Rob.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    laker1963:
    robbyras:
    She's a keeper Rob.
    I'm a lucky guy...
    I knew she was the woman for me when we were watching a Giants (baseball) game... I got up to use the bathroom and when I came back there was already one out. I asked what happened and she said "Rowand grounded out 6-3 on the first pitch... can that guy EVER take a pitch?"... I was sold at that point... The humi and the sticks were the icing on the cake...
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    My wife has never joined me to enjoy a nice cigar but she does like the smell. After complaining a while back about my local B&M being uncomfortable to smoke in now she has done something I never thought she would do. She did this about a week and a half ago but I didnt notice it until now. I walked into my spare bedroom that we have been using as storage and found a desk in the corner with all my fly tying stuff set up and a shelf with all my supplies as well as a nice ashtray, cutter and lighter. She cleaned out the entire room and put a small cd/radio in there with a small window fan to keep the room from getting too smokey. When I found this she told me that she felt bad the I kept getting bundled up to go outside and smoke. She also told me she laughed at me everytime I did it over the past week and a half as she waited for me to need something from the spare room. I never asked about smoking inside and just assumed that she would say no. Boy was I wrong. The only thing is now I am thinking she wants something.
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    My girl friend is cool with it. When I first started she made an attempt to try and get me to stop. 3 yrs later she has made a few attempts to smoke with me, she now buys me sticks now and then, but she generally doesn't like the smell of smoke. But I must say that I’m a lucky guy to have her.
  • Options
    My wife does not love the idea, but she is very tolerant of it as a passion of mine. She has even said she likes the smell of some of the sticks I smoke but dislikes the scent of most. Overall she is cool with it, has expressed some concerns about lip/mouth cancer, but with my budget I only get to smoke 5-10 sticks a month at best so I am not to worried about it.
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    she enjoys my passion... i got her some of the CAO flavour infusions and we can smoke together
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    My wife thinks it's "sexy". She gets all giggly when I'm smoking one in front of her. She has tried a few puffs from time to time but is not really into having a cigar. She loves the aroma though. She sees this as my hobby, not hers, and usually gives me my space. What a woman!!!
  • Options
    I was giving my gf the explanation of how a cigar is not inhaled and is so much different than cigarettes when she decided to try a puff of the one I was lighting up (it was a prop for a party). It was a CCom Purple Label (not one of my favorites, but it was a party and a nice night out). I lit it, got it started, and when she tasted it, she said it just tasted like smoke. Well, at least I got a small acknowledgment of the hobby, and I don't have to keep rushing home to ****/stash boxes.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

The Mrs. doesnt like it when I get to smoking more than 1 or 2 per week.