Home General Discussion
Options

B&M Bags

In the last couple of weeks I've started leaving cigars in the B& M bags and marking the bags with dates and where they came from-easier than marking each stick plus if I have a problem with a stick I can monitor that bag. I open the bag and drop in the humi. Then I got to thinking....does this in anyway affect the rh, etc. with the bag open does it get the same affect? only problem so far is it makes it harder to stack sticks as my collection grows and takes up some space. Not as easy to find what your looking for although these are minor problems. Antone else do this as far as leaving in bags and putting in humi?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I don't, but it's a clever idea. Far too organized for me, but clever.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Thats a pretty good idea. My organizations sucks at the moment but hopefully will get better once my new humi finishes seasoning. I "try" to stack like cigars together, but they always go back to looking like a bomb went off in there.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started doing this a while back, not marking the bags, but opening them and putting them in the cooler. My reason is not so much organization and history as it is not having loose cigars floating around in the cooler.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    So then Joe you think I won't have any problems with the smokes themselves as for leaving them in an open bag in the humi....
  • Options
    Well, I haven't had any problems, so no, I don't think you'll have any problems.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I've been doing this with the COTM shipments...works well in helping me remember when they came and keeps them from running all willy nilly in the humi. Haven't had any problems either.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    My reason is not so much organization and history as it is not having loose cigars floating around in the cooler.
    Did you forget to drain the cooler after you used it last?
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I usually leave cigars in their boxes when I buy them and put them in the coolerdor, they stay that way till the box is down to about a quarter. then it goes to my large desktop humi, i dont bother trying to organize that, I put my random sticks in there as well. some times I have a 50 count humi that I put random sticks I know nothing about and dont care to try very soon. and then I have my rocky patel humi, full of 90s and 92s. mmmmmmmmmmm, vintage 90, droooooooooooool. damn, see what you all made me do? its 11 at night, I got work in 8 hours and would kill for a cigar right about now!
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    j0z3r:
    My reason is not so much organization and history as it is not having loose cigars floating around in the cooler.
    Did you forget to drain the cooler after you used it last?
    Oh balls...that must be why they don't draw worth a damn. Here and I thought they were dripping with oils...HA!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    This is an intersting concept. It shouldn't cause any issues as far as humidity.

I, in my **** retention, number each cigar which then relates back to a spreadsheet which has everything about that particular cigar on it. Actually right now I'm working on converting that spreadsheet into a webpage so I can update it from anywhere and make it visible for others. So when someone asks if I have such and such or have tried such and such they can just look.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    This is an intersting concept. It shouldn't cause any issues as far as humidity.

I, in my **** retention, number each cigar which then relates back to a spreadsheet which has everything about that particular cigar on it. Actually right now I'm working on converting that spreadsheet into a webpage so I can update it from anywhere and make it visible for others. So when someone asks if I have such and such or have tried such and such they can just look.
    Dude, that's hardcore. Too much work. I like ot enjoy and not have the work associated with it. But lately I have been thinking about putting a spreadsheet together with inventory and dates when I bought them.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:

Dude, that's hardcore. Too much work. I like ot enjoy and not have the work associated with it. But lately I have been thinking about putting a spreadsheet together with inventory and dates when I bought them.
    Thats how it started for me. Just the cigar, date acquired and where from. Then I added a tab for the ones I'd smoked so I could just put a simple review. Like "Good" or "bad" or "Never buy again". Then I decided that I needed a tab for all the cigars that I passed or traded or bombed. THEN after discussion on here I noticed that I was drawn to certain wrappers so I started listing the wrapper so that when I gave my simple review I could determine if I truly was drawn to a particular wrapper or just the brand. Then I started listing the binder and filler after noticing that I really enjoyed certain wrapper/binder combos. That helped also when we started having the country discussion. ANyways, if you start down this road thats what you have to look forward to.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:

Thats how it started for me. Just the cigar, date acquired and where from. Then I added a tab for the ones I'd smoked so I could just put a simple review. Like "Good" or "bad" or "Never buy again". Then I decided that I needed a tab for all the cigars that I passed or traded or bombed. THEN after discussion on here I noticed that I was drawn to certain wrappers so I started listing the wrapper so that when I gave my simple review I could determine if I truly was drawn to a particular wrapper or just the brand. Then I started listing the binder and filler after noticing that I really enjoyed certain wrapper/binder combos. That helped also when we started having the country discussion. ANyways, if you start down this road thats what you have to look forward to.
    Screams "NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I am just way to unorgainzed for something like that. I tried and started , but after entering one stick I gave up.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    I am just way to unorgainzed for something like that. I tried and started , but after entering one stick I gave up.
    So am I, I end up having to inventory my sticks about once a month and remember what happened to a few that aren't in there and are still in the inventory on the spreadsheet.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    vankleekkw:
    So am I, I end up having to inventory my sticks about once a month and remember what happened to a few that aren't in there and are still in the inventory on the spreadsheet.

I keep the sticks I recieve in trade or passes in individual bags. These I label as to from who and when they were recieved. That way I can readily see who sent me a particular cigar and when it was placed into the Humi.
    The other loose cigars I just label with little stickers so I know when I placed them into the humi.
    Boxes just get labelled like the loose ones.