Home General Discussion

Favorite "Top O' the Morning" cigar

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
If I'm going to have a morning cigar, (whichis rare) I'll usually go for a JDN Celebration, or an Oliva Connie if I have one.

What about you?

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    E.P. Carillo New Wave or MOW Virtue. I guess I like Conn. wrappers for the morning, they just seem to pair well with coffee.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I also like the new wave or Rocky Patel Connecticut
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Man O'War Virtue for me!
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    The one I tried this morning, La Gloria Cubana Artisanos Retro Especial. it was better than the EP Carillo New Wave for me, which I also like.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I like a little kick in the morning for the jump start. La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Beli.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    if I get a chance to smoke in the morning, I just sorta pick what I feel like that day. Sometimes its mild, sometimes its more full, but since most of the cigars fall into the medium spectrum anyway most of my morning smokes fall into that as well.

My two more memorable morning smokes both happened while walking the dogs on long holiday weekends, I think the last two thanksgivings (09 and '10, didn't get one in this year b/c of the turkey trot we did in stead) and they we're a MOW SE and a Tat Havana VI.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    MOW Puro Authentico
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Avo Domaine
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtue and Beauty and every now and then a Ruination.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I find an Oliva Connie pairs well with the Sumatran coffe my wife bought me for Christmas.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im a big fan of the previously mentioned MoW Virtue

Camacho Connecticut comes to mind

I have had good morning experiences with Davidoff Millennium blend as well.

i just tend to want a more mild cigar early in the day because i usually skip breakfast or have a very light one.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    AVO Heritage has become a regular breakfast smoke fo rme. It's clear that I'm gonna have to get another box if I'm going to age any of them. lol
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    BigT06:
    It's clear that I'm gonna have to get another box if I'm going to age any of them. lol
    Ain't it the truth. If you want to age the cigars you love, how the hell do you keep from burning them all up first?
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    Fonseca 5-50 oddly enough.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo Lot 23
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR