Home General Discussion

"Pick My Stick" Returns!! Sunday 10/7 COMPLETED - PADILLA Review and pics

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Sorry folks it has been cold here so my smoking has been spotty ...... but tonight the famous "Pick My Stick" returns !!! I will bundle up and smoke the stick of your choice ! Actually the high today might get to 60 so I may not need to bundle up. It is 28 this morning.

You pick it, I smoke it with a mini review and pictures !! Usually the cigar and some wildlife.

Since it has been a while I will expand the choices to 4 instead of the usual 3.
Tonight's options are :

1. Padilla Miami Oscuro Limitado Perfecto
2. MOW Ruination
3. AB Black Market
4. Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

Will be paired with some Woodford Reserve Bourbon to ensure my safety and warmth.

Let the voting begin ! Vote early and often !!!

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami.
  • Padilla
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    JdN
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Padilla Miami.
    +1
  • ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    Padilla Miami Oscuro Limitado Perfecto
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDN..please!!!!
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    votes so far...... Padilla 4 .......... JDN 2 ....... But on the good news side Rain finally picked a winner !! Sorry Shizzzz ..... but who knows the voting wont close for an hour and a half or so..... I smoke before dinner now ...... besides the cold it gets dark early now.
    KEEP VOTING !!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    votes so far...... Padilla 4 .......... JDN 2 ....... But on the good news side Rain finally picked a winner !! Sorry Shizzzz ..... but who knows the voting wont close for an hour and a half or so..... I smoke before dinner now ...... besides the cold it gets dark early now.
    KEEP VOTING !!!
    Apparently, you are not aware of the weight of my vote! JdN is leading if you take that into account. Lol.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote ab!
    Padilla Miami Oscuro Limitado Perfecto WINS !! Going out to do my duty ! Look for pics and review later tonight.

Thanks !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The JdN should prove to be a winner.... Oh wait too late never mind.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i was a little late, but i would have said padilla!
    Padilla Miami Oscuro Limitado Perfecto - Your pick for me tonight. (nice choice!)

This is a very tight and hefty stick. Nice construction with one large vein. Pre light lick no special taste. Cut and prelight draw was a bit tight. I expect that with a perfecto and know it will open up a bit. Nice earthy taste. Lit with a torch (a little too windy for soft flame). First few puffs nice spicy peppery taste. After about the first half inch draw got perfect and lots of billowy smoke.

Tonight i was expecting it to be a bit cool out but I was soon too warm with my flannel shirt and had to go back to t shirt. Much nicer weather than we have had the last few days. But I digress. The second half of the smoke intensified the spicy pepper tast with a good dose of leather. I remember now why this is one of my top ten sticks. I cannot tell if I like this better than any of the other top ten but I do know this is a stick that I truly enjoy.

The billowy smoke is gone but the flavors intensify. This is only one of two perfectos that i have smoked and it seems I like the perfectos. The other was the La Aurora Preferido. I read somewhere that this is a more difficult vitola to roll and the best rollers work on these. I have no idea if that is correct or not but I do know I like the perfectos that I have tried.

Paired up with Woodford Reserve Bourbon and water on the side. Nice pairing but I dont start the bourbon until I am past the half way point. Keeps my taste buds fresher. Anyway, this was an hour and a half of pure pleasure and this stick certainly remains in my top ten. I rate this 5 out of 5 on my simple scale.

Thanks folks, you did good once again. Since the JDN got quite a few votes look for it in tomorrows pick list. image
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Jim but, where's the wildlife shots??
    The problem with smoking before dinner is the wildlife are out smoking too ....... they come out after dinner and by then it is getting cold and dark here....... I miss summer already ! Here is who was at my front door the other day though......