Home General Discussion
Options

Question about Oliva Serie O's

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Anyone know if the Serie O uses the same filler through the product line? Could I expect the same smoke, regardless of the size I choose? Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed sir, the cigar is a Nicaraguan Puro with the same filler, binder, and wrapper throughout the line. Smoke safely and smoke with confidence:)
  • Options
    thanks - gonna have to pick up a box of these soon
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I just ordered my first ever 5 pack today from Ccom and chose to go with 3 Oliva O maduros and 2 G maduros. The guy I spoke with said he'd rather just make things easy for me and threw in an additional G for free to even it up. I love this passion more every day!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Indeed sir, the cigar is a Nicaraguan Puro with the same filler, binder, and wrapper throughout the line. Smoke safely and smoke with confidence:)
    yes they are the same filler binder and wrapper. but the wrapper to filler ratio is different. this COULD yield a different flavor if they were not re-blended for each size to keep them consistent. the cuban style is to not reblend and allow the shape to dictate some flavor. the newer style is to reblend so they all taste the same. the real question is:
    does Oliva stick with the old tradition or are they a fan of the modern style.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Never been too impressed with the serie o.
  • Options
    me neither. the g, g maduro, and V are way better IMHO
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    yes they are the same filler binder and wrapper. but the wrapper to filler ratio is different. this COULD yield a different flavor if they were not re-blended for each size to keep them consistent. the cuban style is to not reblend and allow the shape to dictate some flavor. the newer style is to reblend so they all taste the same. the real question is:
    does Oliva stick with the old tradition or are they a fan of the modern style.
    From the Oliva's I've smoked, various blends and sizes within those blends, I'd have to argue that they do reblend for consistency, though I don't know for a fact. For the most part, no big differences in flavor are apparent to me, and the key changes I think are dictated by the gauge of the cigar, ie higher/lower wrapper : filler ratio. It would be interesting to get some official word on this matter though.
  • Options
    this is part where Alex would need to step in. I cant help you there.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    kuzi16:
    me neither. the g, g maduro, and V are way better IMHO
    Mmmm...I smoked a Serie V for the first time the other day. All I can say is that it definatley wont be the last
  • Options
    I'm normally a fan of the milder/smoother cigars; I really don't like anything with a powerful or dominating taste to it. But then again, I've been surprised by my preferences/cigars before, and the way you guys are going on about the V, I might have to try it.
    I tried the G yesterday - it tasted a lot like the O, but with a stronger taste to it
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Smoking a 'G' right now. Gonna order a few boxes in the near future. Really liking them.