Home General Discussion
Options

If y'all don't mind.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
Say a little prayer for us folks in the northeast corner of Mississippi and for the guys up in west tennessee There's severe thunderstorms and tornado watches in effect. I've just nubbed a JD Howard Reserve and enjoyed some fine Tennessee whiskey so I'm a happy camper at any rate but the next hour or so is going to get a little rough. Hope to be back with y'all soon.

Comments

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Say a little prayer for us folks in the northeast corner of Mississippi and for the guys up in west tennessee There's severe thunderstorms and tornado watches in effect. I've just nubbed a JD Howard Reserve and enjoyed some fine Tennessee whiskey so I'm a happy camper at any rate but the next hour or so is going to get a little rough. Hope to be back with y'all soon.
    You got it brother...keep you and yours safe
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you got it brother good thoughts and prayers headed your way.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    Bob Luken:
    No problem. Stay safe
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I agree! Stay safe my friend
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe bro....lots of rain today and some thunderstorms rolling through up here. Flooding in low lying areas too but no tornados. Hope the storm passes you by and everyone is ok.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Stay safe. Blew something off our roof here in NW MS. I think it took some flashing off the furnace exhaust that was newly installed over the summer, or it just found the holes that we never noticed before. NOw I have buckets in my attic. We even heard the name of a street just a block over when the news was doing their "possible tornado" track saying it would hit that street in four minutes. I've never seen my wife move so fast. Putting the kids in the hall and piling blankets on.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The worst has passed. We had everybody in the living room (close to the basement ) just in case. The wind was getting bad before the heavy rains moved through. Hope everybody else stays out of harms way as well.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:
    Stay safe. Blew something off our roof here in NW MS. I think it took some flashing off the furnace exhaust that was newly installed over the summer, or it just found the holes that we never noticed before. NOw I have buckets in my attic. We even heard the name of a street just a block over when the news was doing their "possible tornado" track saying it would hit that street in four minutes. I've never seen my wife move so fast. Putting the kids in the hall and piling blankets on.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:
    Glad y'all are ok. Sorry to hear about the water getting into your house. Hope you can keep it in the buckets and off the drywall.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Keep your heads down!
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I hope you emerged unscathed from the storms. Have a Merry Christmas & the best to you & the family
  • Options
    Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. Everything seems good here so far. We only lost power for a shot time. As soon as the sun comes up I'm going to check for downed trees.

Sorry I put this thread in the wrong place. I should have put it in the non-cigar related. And I usually don't get on the forum to talk about rough weather but,.......... I was allowed exactly the right amount of time to thoroughly enjoy a really good cigar down to the nub in short-sleeve temperatures before the rough weather made it impossible. Somehow that made me think "If I get blown away, I'm glad I enjoyed a good cigar before I went. And maybe I should put up one last post on the forum".
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad everyone is OK.

Bought a hand held scanner some years back, a very good investment.

Lost TV reception but the power stayed on.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. Everything seems good here so far. We only lost power for a shot time. As soon as the sun comes up I'm going to check for downed trees.

Sorry I put this thread in the wrong place. I should have put it in the non-cigar related. And I usually don't get on the forum to talk about rough weather but,.......... I was allowed exactly the right amount of time to thoroughly enjoy a really good cigar down to the nub in short-sleeve temperatures before the rough weather made it impossible. Somehow that made me think "If I get blown away, I'm glad I enjoyed a good cigar before I went. And maybe I should put up one last post on the forum".
    No worries...it talked about you smoking a cigar!

And I got in a cigar before and after the storm, so it worked out well!

I'm worried more about flooding around here. The ground is saturated and even though our house is elevated, there are some lower spots on our property holding water.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.