Home General Discussion
Options

Denver area B&M

Anybody know of some? Google doesn't know how do discern between :smoke shops" and... well, whatever cigar shops proper are called, and neither do I, really.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to pick a few names off the internet that sound like "real" cigar shops in Denver
    Cigar and Tobacco World 5227 Leetsdale Drive Denver
    Cigar Legends 3000 East 1st Avenue Denver XXXXXX CLOSED
    Cigars On 6th 707 East 6th Avenue Denver
    Havana's Fine Cigars 2727 East 2nd Avenue Denver
    Havana's Fine Cigars 16th and Glenarm Pavil Denver
    Palma Cigars 1309 22nd Street Denver
    Prince Philip's Pipes and Tobacco 3333 South Tamarac Drive Unit W Denver
    S Mokey's Pipe and Tobacco 10019 East Hampden Avenue Denver
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Yelp.com and do a search for cigar stores. Lotsa them around Denver. I don't know one from another but at least it'll give you a start....
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tobacco Leaf
    Address: 7111 W Alameda Ave, Suite N
    Phone: 303 274 8721
    Email: wintroubs@sprintmail.com
  • Options
    RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Tahnks Bob, after I posted this I went back and looked at each and every one... some look pretty nice and put together, at least, so once I can get out and about again I'm gonna have to check a few out. I'd love to find one that has some great selection and also isn't too far from me, so I'll be heading to Tobacco World first, I think. We shall see! You also have one or two I didn't see so I'll go dig them up too.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Forget the rest and go here........

http://www.barlowscigars.com/

You can thank me first time we herf
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    In Denver, Cigars on 6th is a good cigar shop. Prices are a little high, but they do have some stuff I've never seen else where.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:

Wow, that place trumps everything so far. I mean, sure, its 45min from me but it looks pretty legit. How are their prices? I'm not gonna drag my wife up there with me, so hopefully next week I can drive myself up to check it out :D

ddubridge:
    In Denver, Cigars on 6th is a good cigar shop. Prices are a little high, but they do have some stuff I've never seen else where.

I'll make a point of getting out to those folks too; as it stands now I go to The Clip Joint at 225 and 6th-ish, but prices definitely higher.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What area of denver are you in?
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Aurora. Somebody, Anybody.
  • Options
    RedRex06:
    firetruckguy:

Wow, that place trumps everything so far. I mean, sure, its 45min from me but it looks pretty legit. How are their prices? I'm not gonna drag my wife up there with me, so hopefully next week I can drive myself up to check it out :D

ddubridge:

I'll make a point of getting out to those folks too; as it stands now I go to The Clip Joint at 225 and 6th-ish, but prices definitely higher.
    I drive a hour one way to go to Sam's place. It may not be the biggest, but its the people who make the difference. Let me know what evening your heading that way and Ill meet you for a stick bro.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    I drive a hour one way to go to Sam's place. It may not be the biggest, but its the people who make the difference. Let me know what evening your heading that way and Ill meet you for a stick bro.

Very cool, I'll let you know! Is there any night that won't work for you next week?

ddubridge:
    Poker Slob:
    Yeap, Aurora I be. Right south of Buckley.
  • Options
    Thursday or Friday evening of next week would work if you want to grab a stick at Barlows. Crazy Irish will be there also......
  • Options
    That sounds pretty good to me, either day works. What time works best for you? I'm off work for another week and a half for my surgery, so anytime here.
  • Options
    RedRex06:
    firetruckguy:

Very cool, I'll let you know! Is there any night that won't work for you next week?

ddubridge:
    Poker Slob:
    Did you get my package yet?
  • Options
    Stanley Pappas at 25 and Arapahoe is a good place to start. Excellent lounge and good selection.For a bar you should try Robusto Room by Park Meadows or Devonshire Pub on H ampden or Delaney Pub downtown Denver.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    RedRex06:
    firetruckguy:

ddubridge:
    Poker Slob:
    Did you get my package yet?

Not yet. We didn't check mail today though, and now its snowing. I'll check bright and early tomorrow, and let you know.
    Poker Slob:
    Stanley Pappas at 25 and Arapahoe is a good place to start. Excellent lounge and good selection.For a bar you should try Robusto Room by Park Meadows or Devonshire Pub on H ampden or Delaney Pub downtown Denver.

I'll have to check em out; I've heard of Delaney's from some guys at work already but didn't put it and cigars together.
  • Options
    RedRex06:
    That sounds pretty good to me, either day works. What time works best for you? I'm off work for another week and a half for my surgery, so anytime here.
    Thursday at 6pm

Bring nothing........
  • Options
    I wasn't gonna, figured it would be disrespectful to the B&M if I brought my own smokes...

Thursday at 6 it is!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    RedRex06:
    Thursday at 6pm

Bring nothing........
    I will be there, trying to see if I can wrangle up a few more CO Ccom brothers to join us if they are free. FYI since I'm sure there will be some confusion, I go by Irish but my name is Brett. Firetuckguy is also named Brett, so you will be meeting two separate Brett's on Thursday lol. Nice to meet you and looking forward to herding with ya Rex ;) As FTG Brett said, bring nothing LOL :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    You might look into Tewksbury and Co for a higher end environment, Jerry's on the 16th Street Mall for larger selection and one of the biggest Davidoff selections in southern Colorado at normal prices. I've heard the Robusto Room is a good place too but never been. For a great environment and one of the best drink choices and ranges around go to The Brown Palace, you will pay through the nose but I'm here to tell you that it's an awesome vibe and scene, last time I was there I had the Caribbean Cask Whiskey and JO Gold Label with Noah and Antonio from the boards, was a brilliant time and very memorable, just remember you pay for he privilege. But FTG Brett said it best so far, Barlows is by far the best place for atmosphere and setting in CO that I have found so far, great selection and well maintained humi, some of the best pricing for a B&M, and the owner Sam is a great guy. It's why we go there every time even though it's an hour drive for Brett and a 30 min drive for me, just that good. Let's you bring your own libations without even a raised eyebrow etc, best service in CO.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Will you be joining us Thursday night at 6pm, Tom?
  • Options
    Thanks for the invite Brett, but I will be working. I hope we can get together sometime soon, we really need to catch up my friend. Kevin you have a PM sir.
  • Options
    This thing will happen tomorrow evening at 6pm.......

Correct?
  • Options
    Yeap! Sent you a PM. Had my nose shoved into OpenOffice and textbooks last weekend, first half this week... and more tomorrow. Bleaugh. Online schooling is nice and convenient, but I'll be damned if they don't put some odd deadlines on big projects. *shrug*

On another note, I can't wait to meet some of you folks, and smoke INSIDE even. Lord knows I can't do it outside here. I don't know HOW you guys do it.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:

And, if you go, say hi to Benny for me. He's an old friend.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm gonna have to delay, at least past today. I tripped getting out of the bath and caught myself on my surgery foot. No Percocet, just Tylenol. I'm going to sleep.

If we do it next week, I should be walking in my boot normal-like without much issue.
  • Options
    RedRex06:
    Okay, I'm gonna have to delay, at least past today. I tripped getting out of the bath and caught myself on my surgery foot. No Percocet, just Tylenol. I'm going to sleep.

If we do it next week, I should be walking in my boot normal-like without much issue.
    Missed you tonight newb, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Next herf will be 2 weeks from tonight.......
  • Options
    Its on my calendar! I've got my next doc visit on Monday, we'll see how its going then. This whole "healing" busy is shifty. Itching but you can't scratch cuz it hurts when you do.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Not exactly a B&M but a good place to get a cut and enjoy a stick and owned by an old friend of mine. http://www.yelp.com/biz/lucky-27-social-club-castle-rock