Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

"One man's Trash" pass

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
One Man's Trash is Another Man's treasure.

we all have a small hand full of cigars that we dont want, dont like, have no interest in, or have no way of getting rid of because we dont want to bomb others with what we consider to be "not good"

the time has come to purge our humidors of the perpetually passed over cigars, the ones we know we will not smoke or trade out, the ones taking up space.

this pass will generally work like most passes. Person A passes to person B, Person B passes to person C, etc...

However, there will have to be a few minor modifications.
-this pass will start with a smaller box than most, but should grow.
-after you take your takes and put your puts, please post in the thread what the total number of cigars in the box being shipped out is. -the number of cigars you add needs to be equal to or greater than the cigars you take out. whatever that number is will be up to you. if you want to take 10 of them, then you have to replace with 10 or more. If you take every cigar, then you need to replace the number that was there at minimum.
-if you get the box and there are zero cigars that you want, then dont take any. Just add to it. in this case it will be a mandatory addition of at least one cigar.
-no actual "crap" cigars (black and mild, backwoods, white owl etc...). only hand made premiums that you personally are not excited about.
-there will be no bashing of other people's taste.
-if you recognize a cigar that you gave to someone previous to this pass, trade or bomb, do not get offended. this isnt a judgement on you or your cigar selection.
-when the pass comes back to me i will take up to 3 cigars (less than i am starting the pass with) and donate the rest to cigarsforwarriors.org
-this is not the place to bomb the crap out of the next person. this is utilitarian and charitable.
we are all set. signup is closed. shipping starts later today (3/3/2014)

the Mailing list (in order):

starting with 8 cigars
ejgorman
PAtoNH
Denisking
blutattoo
honorknight
lonewolf2011
onestrangeone
Bad Daddy Rabbit
Walt Basil
smoke em if you got em
Gaetano7890
Flowbee
bigharpoon

remember to post the number of cigars in the pass as you send out!

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    This is a great idea Matt. PM sent. I'm in.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Count me in plz
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound good, esp. the happy ending :)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds very awesome Bob..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great idea. Count me in.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi, awesome pass for a good cause. Get rid of smokes you don't won't or like. And give some one else a opportunity to try and maybe like it. I'm all in on this pass Sir.

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    In!!
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I would like to participate, Please.....
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Someone has a box of Gurkha beautys with lots of rest on them.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I'm in if you will have me, was getting ready to get a package out to CFW in a few weeks, this works out perfectly :)
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Someone has a box of Gurkha beautys with lots of rest on them.
    No way, man.....Those babies are $39 each....
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'm in, it'll be interesting to see what ends up in there. I've got some big RG stuff I just don't smoke might as well go to a good home.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I hope people follow your rules on cigars lol. My pass was similar and I ended up with cigars that were far from " I don't like anymore"! Would love to join but have had bad luck with USPS lately so I will sit out
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I'm in sounds like fun.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    count me IN!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In in Kuzi
  • Yes sir, I'm in, please.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    I hope people follow your rules on cigars lol. My pass was similar and I ended up with cigars that were far from " I don't like anymore"!
    thats fair.
    i guess the troops get some good smokes then.
    no problem there

the rules are set up to discourage people from bombing. yes, you can add a ton of smokes but the next person may not have much to get rid of. they cant take what was added because they have to add as many as or more than they take.

i guess we will just have to see.

since there seems to be intrest right now i guess we can start PMing addys and whatnot.
    The fact that this is a different take on a pass and it's for the troops had me hooked at the get go. Those guys deserve all we can send.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Kuzi, I'm new here but I'd like to participate if you'll have me. - Mike
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    deejmemixx:
    I hope people follow your rules on cigars lol. My pass was similar and I ended up with cigars that were far from " I don't like anymore"!
    thats fair.
    i guess the troops get some good smokes then.
    no problem there

the rules are set up to discourage people from bombing. yes, you can add a ton of smokes but the next person may not have much to get rid of. they cant take what was added because they have to add as many as or more than they take.

i guess we will just have to see.

since there seems to be intrest right now i guess we can start PMing addys and whatnot.
    oh i missed where it said for troops. I hope they get anihalated then.
    sweet.... lets get some addys. ill start adding names to the front page as i get the PM
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Check your PM's Sir.
    RCY Cigars:
    Check your PM's Sir.
    Awww yeah SuperRick is in!! I hear what he considers junk are Opus X and he's gonna put 2 boxes in the pass because that's how Rick does it. Watch out boys.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Cool idea! I'm in if you have room. PM sent....
    i think i got all people that PMed me. if not... hit me again.
    kuzi16:
    i think i got all people that PMed me. if not... hit me again.
    just giving this a bump.

ill have the order worked out by the 3-3-14 and should go out shortly after that.
    do you have a mailing order?