Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

CNN anchor mistakes Star-Spangled Banner for French national anthem

• Options
    A Dominican friar was spotted getting frozen yogurt at an Indiana University eatery, with his rosary hanging from his belt.

Students responded like so:

and

etc...

A "Residential Assistant" at the University responded like so:

Next, I expect a demand for the University president to resign.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @webmost

Can you imagine one of these people showing up for a job interview.....?

The president of that school has probably resigned out of shame.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

JM TOBACCO ACQUIRES ZOIDIAN CIGAR

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    @webmost

Can you imagine one of these people showing up for a job interview.....?

I think I met one of these young people on the phone yesterday. She interviewed and got the job. She sent out a spam from her desk at the dealer saying our Equinox was due for an oil change and such not. I called up and asked her how do you know that? She told me OnStar reported our engine is down to 7%. I asked 7% of what. She could not be made to understand the question. To her, 7% was a complete number all by itself without any of what at all. 

These people vote.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo said:
    What's the difference between an O.G. Third Reich Nahtsi and today's Social Justice Nahtsi's?

About 80 years. 

The originals were all about Social Justice, and they started out pretty much just like this.  Persecuting on biased assumption, censoring, denying that diversity equals differences, not tolerating any viewpoint other than the party line.

Now it's happening here, but very few are able to see it, or admit so.

https://youtu.be/dw_mRaIHb-M

Pretty funny, made me laugh.

I wonder if he knows that if he were transported back to 200 years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue, to the town of Genoa, he'd probably be mistaken for a buyer at the worlds largest slave market at that time.  Selling people from the Caucasus region (white folks) to Alexandria in northern Africa was quite the lucrative business. 

For awhile, they were selling even more than the older slave market in Madagascar, where black people had been selling other black people to primarily brown Muslim Arabs and Persians for quite some time.

Upon his return to the present would he apply the same logic from his routine and conclude that the institutionalized racism present in American history was in fact the original case of "Reverse racism"?

You can't make this stuff up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ElJimbo said:
    What's the difference between an O.G. Third Reich Nahtsi and today's Social Justice Nahtsi's?

About 80 years. 

The originals were all about Social Justice, and they started out pretty much just like this.  Persecuting on biased assumption, censoring, denying that diversity equals differences, not tolerating any viewpoint other than the party line.

Now it's happening here, but very few are able to see it, or admit so.

https://youtu.be/dw_mRaIHb-M

I wonder if he knows that if he were transported back to 200 years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue, to the town of Genoa, he'd probably be mistaken for a buyer at the worlds largest slave market at that time.  Selling people from the Caucasus region (white folks) to Alexandria in northern Africa was quite the lucrative business. 

For awhile, they were selling even more than the older slave market in Madagascar, where black people had been selling other black people to primarily brown Muslim Arabs and Persians for quite some time.

Upon his return to the present would he apply the same logic from his routine and conclude that the institutionalized racism present in American history was in fact the original case of "Reverse racism"?

There's a whole world of irony in the history of slavery. Were it not for British imperialism, the evil would still be with us today. First, British merchant ships out of Liverpool bought hundreds of thousands on the Slave Coast for iron bars & toted them to their colonies across the Atlantic. Once the colonies gained independence, that market shut down. Now the Anti Slavery Society prevailed. So then the British sent out fleets to snap up slavers right and left and repatriate their cargo. Paid pounds by the head to the ships and captains who could catch a slaver. Prolly paid to repatriate the same persons over and over. So the same nation first paid iron bars to transport slaves then paid gold pounds to bring them back. 

Yet their fleet was manned by the press gang! 

White man minding his own business gets knocked on the head and dragged away never to set foot on shore again put to work freeing a black man & setting him back on shore. If that sailor complains, he will be flogged round the fleet.

You can't make that stuff up.

• Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ElJimbo said:

I fail to see your point. The slavery you're describing can be attributed to the Arab/Muslim conquest of about 600-1600 AD. Not black people.

If you really want to Nit-pick, slavery can be traced back through the Roman, Greek, Egyptian (confirmed to have had african slaves) empires to the Mesopotamian, Sumerian empires. All white.

So no, I don't Believe "rascism in America as the original case of  'reverse rascism,'" and citing precedence does not justify it.

Philemon 1
    https://youtu.be/Q6JMHruhODs

¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He missed! I sneezed, and he missed!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Yakster said:

Bwahahahaha!!!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    @ElJimbo , My point was not that American racism, undeniable, was actually "reverse", there's no such thing as "reverse" racism. Just plain old racism. The point was to use the comedians own logic, along with the real history, and see if his logic would conclude the "reverse" charge. It's just as valid and cogent as the point he was making. Just as nonsensical, too.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Yakster said:

Bwahahahaha!!!
    They consider this an upward move. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Wylaff said:
    Yakster said:

Bwahahahaha!!!
    Since they rebounded them Im tempted to agree.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Yakster said:
    Wylaff said:
    Yakster said:

Bwahahahaha!!!
    Since they rebounded them Im tempted to agree.
    First order of business: cease production of all Zoidian cigars.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....And I Thought the Old CI Banter was TwiZted...
  • Options

Skydiver sent wife message that he wasn't going to pull parachute cord before jumping to death

You alright Day-run?

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TruDog said:
    ....And I Thought the Old CI Banter was TwiZted...
    What?? Sorry thought I heard my name .. lol 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options

The U.N. banned nuclear weapons this month.

So. At least that problem is solved.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    In honor of the Cheeto Messiah. Grab that pusssy

Instagram has a dedicated Trump Rump's picture gallery. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Make America 'Bate Again

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    2 days ago  there was a shooting at our local City Market parking lot around midnight.

Israel Massengill
    was arrested shortly after.  He shot and killed a 17 yr old girl  for calling him a douche.

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    That's heartbreaking.

:'(

• Options
    Her name was Kiara Quintanos.
     I might have spelled her last name wrong
    And it's  been happening in my town all too frequently.
     the kids are shooting each other.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her name was Kiara Quintanos.
     I might have spelled her last name wrong
    And it's  been happening in my town all too frequently.
     the kids are shooting each other.
    Shooting almost everyday here in Charlotte.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If you ever need a good laugh, spend some time on youtube watching some of these conspiracy theorist videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcVPVZEva_o

I lost it when she said chem trails are causing "Old-timers"

• Options
    Power grid engineers in Britain have to keep an eye on what's scheduled on television to cope with what they call the "TV Pickup". Apparently when a popular soap ends so many people get up to make tea at the same time that they're back-up grid is on standby, as well as many of France's grids.

https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/tea-time-in-britain-causes-predictable-massive-surge-in-electricity-demand-1535023/

• Options
    edited July 2017
    @Wylaff
    They also have to pay for a license to watch tv.   they have police officers that come around to make sure you have paid it.
    The money supports the BBC.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found a new way to make extra cash. Sell used panties.

Auction of Madonna's panties, love letter from Tupac halted

https://www.yahoo.com/music/auction-madonnas-panties-love-letter-010028659.html
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?