Home Non Cigar Related

Charlie's miscellany

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Now that was some funny chit ^^^
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the World Trade Center attack was more recent (in the last eight years) we would probably see headlines like these. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only funny because it's true.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small world.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Did you get him to give you some free cigars?  LOL
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited October 2017
    One of my absolute favorites passed away today. RIP Tom Petty.
    https://youtu.be/B8m5p6V_NPQ
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty damn cool Charlie
    A little dirt never hurt
    This went viral today on Twitter. How does one even notice something like this? Lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CharlieHeis , all your Tom Petty posts (much appreciated)  made me think of something, I was once a member of the Tom Petty Fan Club.  Hadn't meant to join anything, but back in the '90s when Into The Great Wide Open came out it was one of the first CD's I bought.  As opposed to traditional vinyl albums. 

Well, while grousing to myself about how the CD's wouldn't be nearly as cool as album covers for art and information, I found an address.  I LOVED that album, and had to admit I was wrong about the art & info aspects, so I wrote. 

I didn't expect anything in return, but for the next few years I got updates and special deals on upcoming events.  Kind of cool of them.  I wish he'd lived longer.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Very cool. For some reason I remember Into The Great Wide Open came out on my birthday. Definitely had to buy that after listening to Full Moon Fever a million times and then buying his entire catalog released before it.

I caught the very end of the vinyl era. Had a few albums and a few more 45s but then we went to cassettes. Man those were terrible. I had quite a few. I wore out quite a few. I replaced many of them on CD. And now CDs are dinosaurs. I still buy some but download most of my purchases, which are few and far between. Thank God for Youtube and Spotify.
    edited October 2017
    A deputy in Minnesota hit a deer at 114 mph. Yikes.
    The officer was fine, the deer didn't make it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    On this date in baseball history: Robin Ventura became Nolan Ryan's bítch.

I should add the fact that Nolan Ryan was 46 at the time and Robin Ventura was in his 20's. And should you ask him to autograph a picture of the event, Nolan will oblige with his name followed by "Don't mess with Texas." True story.
    Just goes to show, never mess with someone over 40 unless you’re ready to get serious. What we lack in stamina we make up for in “ don’t give a f$&k. “
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe the officer was "fine" after that.  Holy ****!

You know that countertop did look familiar, and he did have a big crop this year.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he owns one of Waylon Jennings cadillacs too
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amazing thing is that dog is deaf. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how the other dog is like "Anyone else seeing this sh^t?"
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Eagles find frosty welcome in Minneapolis from Vikings fans

No sh1t. This isn't as much about the beatdown the Eagles put on the Vikings as it is about the Eagles fans being complete pieces of human waste. I hate that the Eagles fans are making me cheer for the Patriots. 

Final paragraph in this article:
    Some Vikings fans complained they were mistreated in Philadelphia on Jan. 21 before, during and after the NFC Championship loss. One video showed Eagles' fans chucking full cans of beer at a group in Vikings gear. Starting quarterback Case Keenum said his family needed extra security during the game.
    http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/node/4396100