Home Non Cigar Related

Hemp CBDs, it is time to talk about it.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
No THC. No high. No buzz. No false sense of euphoria.
It works, and it is legal in all 50 states, depending on who is president.
The opioid pharmas fought tooth and nail against making it legal. 
Very expensive, but the prices should come down with more hemp farmers.
There is a cash crop for you.

I fell down a lot. I had major problems sleeping. I had no energy. A lot of pain. I avoided people because I was always short fused. I had to look for a reason to get out of bed. Not anymore.

The constant pins and needles in my limbs is gone. I feel good. I sleep like a baby, and even after the nightly visits to the facilities I have no problem going back to sleep. I have some real energy back. It works.

Thanks to william randolph hearst hemp was made illegal along with pot because he wanted to make paper from trees. How much would we know if there wasn't money involved with making paper? All the products made from hemp were superior in quality. It made the best rope.

Charlotte's Web and Realm of Caring are good sources of information. There are a lot of shysters out there.

I really hope you will take this seriously and for what it is worth. I hope no one is upset about it.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely some of you guys have opinions on this subject. I'd be curious to hear some 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100%... It does work.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your not driving in front of me high as a kite, I'm pretty impartial. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    It's not about getting high, it's about controlling pain and the relief it gives.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Wylaff said:

There is no high what so ever. I am talking about HEMP not marijuana.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then what's the downside?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    Then what's the downside?
    The cost. It is expensive. But like I said, when more farmers see a viable cash crop in growing hemp the price will come down.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My view of it.

I don't drink and I don't do any recreational drugs.
    But, from everything I have read and talked to folks who take the CBD stuff, there is no impairment, no euphoria, no problems and it maintains pain relief and muscle problems very well.

I know one person who keeps their MS in check with CBD medicine after years of fighting with prescriptions and the difference in them between before CBD and now is pretty impressive.
    The cost of the CBD is far less than the cost of some of their prescriptions.

If I didn't have a CDL and I didn't have a fear that the CBD would show up on drug testing, I'd be taking it for my shoulder problems.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    My stepdaughter has started using it and she says it helps, she also has MS.
    As far as I know the HEMP products do not show up on a drug test. I will find out on the 25th. My doctor took a urine sample and he knows nothing about my CBD use.
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    CBD works very well for me. It replaced opioids last month when I got home from a surgery.  It helps me get through days when I am especially sore. No euphoria, just medicine. Its actually cheaper than the regular stuff here
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for CBD being used to help treat people's health problems. Problem is even if your in a state where it's legal, it's still federally illegal. Which means drug test time you will still fail. Maybe the employers don't care in those states, but I guarantee they do in other states.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    TX98Z28 said:
    I'm all for CBD being used to help treat people's health problems. Problem is even if your in a state where it's legal, it's still federally illegal. Which means drug test time you will still fail. Maybe the employers don't care in those states, but I guarantee they do in other states.
    I'm federally mandated, as a CDL holder, so until I know for a fact that it doesn't jeopardize a drug test, I don't take it.
    Even though it is legal in Oregon, as a CDL holder and employed by DOT, I'm still under the federal guidelines. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I'm federally mandated, as a CDL holder, so until I know for a fact that it doesn't jeopardize a drug test, I don't take it.
    Even though it is legal in Oregon, as a CDL holder and employed by DOT, I'm still under the federal guidelines. 
    That's the problem, federally mandated. Not worth it, you take, they test, you will fail for it. I failed for it years back and they don't care if it's THC, CBD etc.  cannabinoids are cannabinoids to the system, fail for one and a positive test for marijuana is the result regardless of where it came or was derived from.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    They will even list which cannabinoid you failed for, the whole chemical name and the amount of it in your urine.
    edited September 2017
    There are soooooo many court cases waiting for a decision that it is so mind boggling that trying to keep up with the DEA's decisions causes head aches. 
    I would certainly not want to jeopardize any license that I might have, and I understand the hesitation and confusion of others. 
    After reading for hours all the nonsense (tylenol) put out by the DEA and other entities (pro and con) I fully expect to see a clarifying decision to be made this year.

Bottom line is that, it works, and I am sorry for all the folks who won't/can't try it. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when my knee was replaced I lost 73 lbs.  The first 35 was welcome, the next 35 not so much.  I couldn't eat on pain pills.  I couldn't eat because of the pain.  My doc asked if I'd be averse to taking Marinol, Rx THC, I said "let's do it".

It worked great!  Appetite came back, slept like a baby, woke up in a good mood, and cut the pain meds in half right away.  When I returned to work, I started taking it the night before my shifts.  Wonderful, until...Fascist Corporate America drug tests ALL the time.  So, I've got an Rx.

That worked, except that every single time I'd have to end up on the phone arguing with this stupid ****, usually for 2 - 3 hours while she threatened me with various next-level interventions.  She'd end up saying "we can test again and determine for sure...", and I'd say "OK".

And so, I'd be "randomly" tested every 4 - 6 weeks.  That went on for years until I finally said enough and retired.

It's all hooey, all the laws, and anyone with any sense and knowledge knows it.

Gateway drug?  Of course it is, the Jackassses put it on the wrong side of the fence!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    @Amos_Umwhat

"Gateway drug?  Of course it is, the Jackassses put it on the wrong side of the fence!"

Quote of the century. And I am going to swipe it.
    It's all about the money, guys. You know that. If I can grow my own medicine why would the pharm industry stand by and let me?  Not as long as they can get The azz-wipe politicians into the game....

So sayeth the oldfart.....   B)
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I think I've heard about this.

As far as it being a gateway drug, it was for me.
    The minute I tried it I knew I had been lied to,  It wasn't the evil dev'lish fiendish drug I had been told .......Then I wondered what else they were lying about.
    That's where my problems began.   Wondering if they had lied about the rest of the drugs.

They turned it into a gateway drug by lying about it in the beginning.

Marijuana by itself is relatively harmless, but the rest of that stuff will kill you.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    My stepdaughter has started using it and she says it helps, she also has MS.
    As far as I know the HEMP products do not show up on a drug test. I will find out on the 25th. My doctor took a urine sample and he knows nothing about my CBD use.
    I've been using CBD for 2 years and have yet to fail a drug screening. The ambulance service I work for requires a urine, saliva and hair sample. I've come up clean every time. 
    edited September 2017
    The 1st CBD gummies I tried, unknown to me had THC in it. Legal levels mind you, but they got my stepson in trouble with his drug test. They for some strange :p  reason require no levels.
    Luckily the judge agreed it was totally innocent o:) .

I know now to buy from places that guarantee. 100% HEMP.

PS Thanks for being part of the ambulance service. Love people in the uniformed services....we have been helped by you guys a number of times.
    jd50ae said:
    The 1st CBD gummies I tried, unknown to me had THC in it. Legal levels mind you, but they got my stepson in trouble with his drug test. They for some strange :p  reason require no levels.
    Luckily the judge agreed it was totally innocent o:) .

I know now to buy from places that guarantee. 100% HEMP.

PS Thanks for being part of the ambulance service. Love people in the uniformed services....we have been helped by you guys a number of times.
    Thanks for the kind words, brother. I just hit the 20 year mark in EMS with the last 12 years as a Paramedic. It's an interesting job, to say the least. 
    Daniel, you rascal. It's good to see you back. Ya oughta come around more often....  B)
    Hiya, Marty! 
    I lurk around from time to time but rarely post or comment. 
    @jlmarta
    He doesn't love us no more.
     :D 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Hey, you take that back, @0patience. I do so. I've made a few posts recently.  :#

Youve been having all that trouble logging in and all that you haven't had time to read other threads, I guess. Am I right??  o:)
    @jlmarta
    Pops, I meant @Toombes doesn't love us no more.
    We know you still love us. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Ah, so. Solly, Cholly. Blame it on my being a one-eyed oldfart. I misread it.....   :p
    Catch 22?  Here in California (and presumably other states as well) even though cannabidiol (CBD) is legal, if you live in an assisted living facility, a skilled nursing facility, or any other facility which receives federal funds of any kind such as Medicare, then federal law applies and CBD is illegal there. 

This is evidently the way the feds maintain control over cannabis and it’s derivatives.