Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    jd50ae said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Mass shooting in a church and the media couldn't care less. 
    Usually they'd be all over this, non-stop like starving dogs.

It's a good thing for them we are all easily distracted by the Trump'ed up NFL crisis.  

I think the media folks really just want to be good teachers to us. But this Sudanese immigrant mass shooter story isn't useful for one of their teachable moments. They got nothin' to work with here. Class dismissed.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/revealed-sunday-church-attack-first-mass-shooting-medias-not-interested

I watch and read a lot of news sources.
    TV, Internet and Radio.
    I refuse to watch cnn or msnbc.
    (I was in shock when reported elsewhere that cnn broke the story about manafort. That itself was a news story. http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html)
    There are many ways to hide "truth" and both of these networks are laboring under the very bad assumption they know what is good for us, they know whats best and what is right unlike the deplorable and undereducated mainstream Americans like the rest of us.
    Not only do they not report the real news stories, they report and exaggerate and twist any story that can be made harmful to the sitting president.
    A bunch of rich, pampered 1%ers and elitists taking away one of the last and dwindling sources of escapism TV. 
    Between espn and some players there is now no reason for me to even care about football, and I don't tune in. I loved football, and the rivalry between friends and family was real. I have been to some awesome gatherings built around "the games". Not anymore.
    Go on talk shows, hell they are rich and could get their own shows.
    But they could not leave the games alone.
    Can't wait for the Olympics.
    So.  I minister at a church of Christ.  I know people who are close to people shot, though I don't know any personally.

I think the NFL protest is a more important story.  I just wish we could talk about it in healthy ways.  We don't.

Re: mass shootings and the news.  I don't think this has anything to do with not fitting a narrative.  The simple fact is THIS YEAR, we've averaged 1.23 mass shootings per day in the USA.  How many of the 333 mass shootings in 2017 have you heard about?  Mass shootings are old news, instantly, unless there's some larger human interest to the story or they rise to a certain level of carnage.  The number of injured in this case is high for a mass shooting, but the single death is low.  The week before had a mass shooting with the same number injured but none killed in Chikasa, OK.  The day before that, one in Columbia, SC.  9/10 had one with 9 dead in Plano, TX.   Have any of them made the news, conservative or liberal?  

Oh, and sure the shooter in Antioch was an immigrant, but he was also a Christian and former attender of that particular congregation.  Methinks motive has nothing to do with immigration status, here.

Go Colts! (I've never watched the anthem for a game I didn't attend in person, anyway.)
    @Martel I am also a minister at a Church of Christ and know at least one person that was shot. I also heard from some that knows other members at this congregation that say he was not a member, had visited once or twice, and that the shooter put pro Islamism stuff on his social media pages. I still say this is a very vital story that media hasn't properly covered. As far as the NFL protest goes, if everyone ignores their protest it will stop. Brother I love your posts and insights.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am running out of 5 Vegas Gold boxes.
    Oh the humiliation.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

I am running out of 5 Vegas Gold boxes.
    Oh the humiliation.
    Does this mean I should stop intercepting your mail and taking a 50% tax on your cigar boxes?
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

College Professor: Believing in Hard Work is White Ideology

Angela Putman

A Pennsylvania State University-Brandywine professor thinks college faculty need to do more to undermine their students' belief in "meritocracy" and the value of "hard work."

The students are "are socialized to believe that we got to where we are…because of our own individual efforts," according to the prof, who wants colleagues to stop "perpetuating and reifying whiteness."

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9874

I think Angela ought to present her idea to Saquon Barkley. Perhaps she can persuade him to stop running so hard. By doing so, he is surely reifying whiteness.

p.s.: I fancy myself a capable wordsmith; yet I had never heard the word "reifying". I like it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to look it up, now to find a place to use it. Payed off for pusillanimous.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 reified CAS for me. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

Referenced victims as "repugs". Wow that didn't take long.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is wrong on so many levels.
    Is it wrong that I don't have any sympathy that she lost her job? 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caught on Camera: University apologizes for police behavior

Cop pulled college kids over for suspicion of drunk driving, afterwards when a college line backer got out of the car the cop said "Holy sh*t! I'm glad your not fighting, your too big." Then told his partner if things went sideways he'd just have to shoot this one. A good laugh was had by all. I really don't understand when we became such pansies....

Sadly, this is local. Reno is breaking down same as the rest of the world...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    'God Bless America' A 'Warmongering Song,' Ithaca Professor Says

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/10/04/god-bless-america-warmongering-song-ithaca-professor-says
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Remember this "person" and her dog allergies?

Woman removed from Southwest flight was racially profiled, lawyer claims,
    “She was never asked for medical certification, nor would she have needed to carry that, because her allergies are not life threatening,”, her lawyer NOW says.

Wait a minute, I thought it was......????????

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/10/05/woman-removed-from-southwest-flight-was-racially-profiled-lawyer-claims.html

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    'God Bless America' A 'Warmongering Song,' Ithaca Professor Says

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/10/04/god-bless-america-warmongering-song-ithaca-professor-says
    Now you know why I retired after five years as Chief of Police in Ithaca.  We were described as Berkley east.  On the day I was sworn in  one of my officers told my wife that Ithaca was so far left it defied gravity!
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

Referenced victims as "repugs". Wow that didn't take long.

Fired CBS lawyer says she's getting harassed over anti-GOP comments

Poor baby......

• Options
    Nancy Sinatra: 'Murderous Members of NRA Should Face Firing Squad'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/05/nancy-sinatra-nra-tweet-murderous-members-face-firing-squad-after-las-vegas-massacre

I guess when you're really useless, have no relevance and can no longer live off your father's name....anything for the spotlight.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    'Bump stock' rifle modifiers green-lighted by Obama administration"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/05/bump-stock-rifle-modifiers-green-lighted-by-obama-administration.html

In the words of LT Joe Kenda, "my my my".

I never heard of the damn things.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Nancy Sinatra: 'Murderous Members of NRA Should Face Firing Squad'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/05/nancy-sinatra-nra-tweet-murderous-members-face-firing-squad-after-las-vegas-massacre

I guess when you're really useless, have no relevance and can no longer live off your father's name....anything for the spotlight.
    "Oh I could get sentenced to death for having views different from yours? Please allow me to turn in all my guns as soon as possible." - No one.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/06/shoelace-mistaken-for-noose-causes-racial-uproar-at-michigan-state-university.html

First a banana peel and now a shoe lace. Please make it stop.....
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A school was evacuated over a ‘strange odor.’ It was pumpkin spice air freshener.

• Options
    A school was evacuated over a ‘strange odor.’ It was pumpkin spice air freshener.

" ... two students and three adults were taken to the hospital with unknown injuries ... "
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Wish I had of known it was that easy.
  • Options
    ICE to California: 'No choice' but to arrest illegal immigrants despite sanctuary state legislation

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/07/ice-to-california-no-choice-but-to-arrest-illegal-immigrants-despite-sanctuary-state-legislation.html

jerry browns uh...umm...er xxxxxxxxx move begs a couple of questions.
    1. Will calalafornia become a magnet for criminal immigrants?
    (They are already heading to Canada in droves)
    2. calalafornia can't pay its bills now. How are they going to support illegals?
  • Options

Outrage as Nevada professor suggests Trump deserves blame for Las Vegas massacre

This nutcase is teaching college students??
    No wonder this country is a mess.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:

Outrage as Nevada professor suggests Trump deserves blame for Las Vegas massacre

This nutcase is teaching college students??
    No wonder this country is a mess.

"college" indoctrinator. And it is getting worse.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Illegal immigrant breaks into NJ home, rapes 6-year-old girl, police say

>>>>"Mendoza agreed to remain in jail while his criminal case moves through the courts."<<<<
    ????....We need their permission to lock them up....????

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

>>>>"Mendoza agreed to remain in jail while his criminal case moves through the courts."<<<<

Bet the little girls family wishes he would be released, they would be waiting to give him a ride someplace.  Would save the State lots of money.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Diver43 said:
    jd50ae said:

Bet the little girls family wishes he would be released, they would be waiting to give him a ride someplace.  Would save the State lots of money.
    Aw, let him out or put him in general population in jail. 
    Save the govt money. 

He's probably saying he will stay in, cause he knows if he gets out, it's a death sentence.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

He probably waived his bail hearing. You have a right to due process but you can knowingly and intelligently waive those rights. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that saves him from Bubba?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

THOUSANDS OF ISIS FIGHTERS GIVE UP “FULL SCALE SURRENDER” ACCORDING TO US GENERAL

Is this for real?