Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really tastey
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrimp and Grits. No picts but it was a great meal. Grits were stoneground soaked for four hours and cooked for 45 minutes with a hunk of butter and a cup of cream. More cream as they got thicker, The shrimp were nice fat ones peeled and butterflied. I made stock with the shells, onion and a chicken bullion cube. The thing with shrimp is to only simmer the stock as boiling will kill the flavor. The sauce was onion, garlic, and two roasted and peeled poblano  peppers chopped fine cooked in olive oil and butter. I also cooked sliced button mushrooms in butter and added them to the sauce base. The stock went into the sauce and I thickened it with cornstarch and white wine. In the last 3 minutes I stirred the chilled shrimp into the sauce and finished the sauce with a bit of lemon juice to sharpen the flavors. Nice thick grits with shrimp, poblano,and mushroom gravy. We had a green salad with oakleaf and romain lettuce and balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and gorgonzola cheese dressing.Last but not least was two hours with a Undercrown toro and three chapters with The Sea Wolf by Jack London first published in 1904.  Great meal, book and cigar. Life is good.
    Dan Rodger, that sounds good, can I move in next door?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendsgiving Turkey started

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Yoder grill makes that turkey look like a chicken.  You need to add more meat and some poppers to that grill.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Brad!  Low and slow until 15 degrees away then crank it up to crisp the skin.  Amazing stuff will never cook a turkey any other way again. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Ham, turkey, seafood gumbo, Mac & cheese, potato salad, roasted brussel sprouts, candied yams, gravy, cookies, fudge, cake, pie, yum.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Was at least 30oz. Ate the whole damn thing, ready for a great cigar and the rest the bottle! Merry Christmas!

We need a DAMN!!  button
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Meatloaf and mashies with gravy. Asparagus with mushrooms. Blueberry pie. 
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Had boneless shake N bake pork chops with mixed veggies and stuffing tonight and about 15 Oreos later on
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had boneless shake N bake pork chops with mixed veggies and stuffing tonight and about 15 Oreos later on
    I love Oreos but I always regret them the next day.....  :#
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife's got a cauldron of chili in the works.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife's got a cauldron of chili in the works.
    I love a good chili especially in these cold months.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    It's decided, I'm making chili tonight.
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aftermath of the all you can eat crab feed fundraiser

ONE POT CREAMY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE PASTA, everyone pitched in to help.

@Chalupa_Batman is a lucky woman, Brad.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭