Home General Discussion
Options

Ye Olde CI Daily Banter

Comments

• Options
    kckasperkckasper Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64°F on the porch, 46°F in Palatka, 12°F in Scranton. I don't do lunch menus, just weather.
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kckasper said:
    64°F on the porch, 46°F in Palatka, 12°F in Scranton. I don't do lunch menus, just weather.
    ...No one can replace TeXaZZ.....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    kckasper said:
    ...No one can replace TeXaZZ.....
    You're right. It would take two, not just one to replace that fatso.
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭
    How 'bout them Ain'ts!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all, KC, TD,

Arturo Fuente Magnum Rosado Sun Grown [old] Robusto with coffee tonight because I didn't drink any earlier.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Evening all, KC, TD,

Arturo Fuente Magnum Rosado Sun Grown [old] Robusto with coffee tonight because I didn't drink any earlier.
    ....Yo Yak, 1800 here.  I'll pick uP the slack.
  • Options
    Ozzy73Ozzy73 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭
    UNFVUCKING BELIEVE ABLE SKOL VIKINGS,.....CB"S FAULT. ....THANKS cb and to your monkey ✌ 
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Evening all, KC, TD,

Good smoke there Yak. 
  • Options
    DPG Serie JJ Belicoso with almost 10 years rest clipped and ready. Dilly! Dilly!
  • Options
    High KC....hope you and yours R well✌
  • Options
    Ozzy73 said:
    High KC....hope you and yours R well✌
    Evening Ozbone!  Good game tonight. 
  • Options
    Attention CB--'The Ghost and Mrs Muir iz on tonight. ...TCMHD....CHANNEL 43.....1947......flick
  • Options
    Ozzy73 said:
    Attention CB--'The Ghost and Mrs Muir iz on tonight. ...TCMHD....CHANNEL 43.....1947......flick
    ...He was oot Chase'N Pun TanG back then.....just say'N.
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Ozzy73 said:
    edit:.... Poon TanG....
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    Ozzy73 said:
    At his age "pun tang" is more appropriate.
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭
    kckasper said:
    TruDog said:
    TruDog said:
    Ozzy73 said:
    At his age "pun tang" is more appropriate.
    No pun intended?
  • Options
    Freddy_B. said:
    jgibv said:
    2hand said:
    Question for you Grizzled vets...Is it possible to sort posts newest to oldest here?
    @2hand ; yes. 

upper right hand corner....click the 'recent discussions' button.

@2hand ...what do you do next?
    That'll sort the different threads in order, but inside any one thread there's no way to sort it from newest to oldest.  You can scroll to the bottom and click on the last page to catch up if you're a new member and don't want to read through years of posts on some of the mega threads, that's about it.  In this case, you'd click on the "18" or the ">>" below.

• Options
    2hand said:
    kckasper said:
    Evening Ate! You getting any effects from Harvey?
    Hey KC.  We may get some showers eventually.  Its times like these when you get some perspective on how big Texas actually is.  Laredo is 7 1/2 hours from here by car.  Corpus is about 6 and change.  Given the track and as slow as it is moving, we don't expect to get much in North Dallas area

It takes a lifetime to get from Eastland to Van Horn.
    True.  9 hours plus to get to El Paso.  Houston is a haul as well.  This metro area is a huge heat bubble that gives us some mean thunderboomers but keeps the truly evil crap at bay for the most part.
    Dukey!
    Hey there Mikey....How are things in Oxford this fine evening?
    College kids are moving back in.  They even effect the temperature of our tap water.
    When my niece moved in we had to get a tankless water heater to keep up with the three girls showers. 
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    Yakster said:
    Dang CB, I bet you can see that @cigarbreath, you and Oz stay warm.  Hey, TD, what's smoking?  Picked out a Sam Leccia Luchador El Gringo Chin Music Toro for more prototype testing while I mow the front yard.
    .....Mow'N the front lawn....Nice.  Nuttin burn'N yet....justa BooZe'N here.
    That'll warm you up!

Yeah, just the front, keeping up appearances, though I did pick a bumper crop of dog stuff in the back.  

As for the skulls, I might bomb some out once I get something presentable.  This one was made with old scrap clay and got charred in the toaster oven on top.
    Oyam123 said:
    Yakster said:
    Hey, all, working on a prototype...

Should sell,that on cigar cartel, they seem to love skulls 
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
     GaryThompson said:
    TruDog said:
    ....LeT'Z Pour.....
    Good idea!

Was saving this for New Years but why wait...

Oh man.. that stuff reminds me of cruising King and Story Roads back in the day..
  • Options
    2hand said:
    kckasper said:
    How does one NOT get a double of the post to which you respond?  I'm new around here. 
    Don't hit "quote" twice.  Just sayin'…

And tap below the gray box before chiseling.
    Thanks 2!
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    2hand said:
    Evening, ya lunatics!  LP Classic Rob here.  Master Breath's fault.

@kckasper ... Add Padron 26 and 64 to that list.
    @2hand------Evening 2! I was just naming a few, but those should be added too. Oh, and btw, tried to hit quote but big finger hit "disagree" by accident. I'm old. 
    …and you smell like it too.
    @cigarbreath -----Which reminds me, do you want to be on the Century Village Senior Olympics Colostomy Bag Toss Team again this year?  You'll get a bronze Colostomy Bag Participation Trophy and 2 cases of Depends. 
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    2hand said:

@2hand------Evening 2! I was just naming a few, but those should be added too. Oh, and btw, tried to hit quote but big finger hit "disagree" by accident. I'm old. 
    @cigarbreath -----Which reminds me, do you want to be on the Century Village Senior Olympics Colostomy Bag Toss Team again this year?  You get a Bronze Colostomy Bag participation trophy and 2 cases of Depends. 
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    2hand said:

@cigarbreath -----The filter here is not allowing me to post certain things.  Not even bad language, just certain age related items. 
  • Options
    variant2 said:
    kckasper said:
    0patience said:
    Quotes works. LOL!
    @0patience-----Cut Johnny some slack. He's almost as old as I am. When he and I were with General Washington at Valley Forge, we ran out of tobacco. So we mixed horseschitt with straw, used a page of Poor Richard's Almanac as a wrapper, and thus, the first Gurkha!
    That's an insult to horseshít and straw.
    @variant2 -----That's all we had at the time.  But let me tell you about what Johnny and I were smoking when we were with Henry V at Agincourt in 1415. 
  • Options
    variant2 said:
    kckasper said:
    0patience said:
    Quotes works. LOL!
    @0patience-----Cut Johnny some slack. He's almost as old as I am. When he and I were with General Washington at Valley Forge, we ran out of tobacco. So we mixed horseschitt with straw, used a page of Poor Richard's Almanac as a wrapper, and thus, the first Gurkha!
    That's an insult to horseshít and straw.
    @variant2 -----That's all we had at the time.  But let me tell you what Johnny and I were smoking when we were with Henry V at Agincourt in 1415. 
  • Options
    Freddy_B. said:
    Freddy_B. said:
    Wifey and the whole family just left for a week at Disney Anaheim. Just me and the bulldog. Ohhhh the loneliness!
    Time to call in the maid service!
    @cigarbreath ....Mikey, no seegar smoking in the garage for me for the next 4 or 5 days. I put the fan in the in the basement man cave window and set it for exhaust and pushed my recliner under it. Just enjoyed a 4 kicks and a dink!+
    Necessity is the mother of invention.  Way to go Fred Bob.  Got a big ol' window fan in my smoking room too.
    It's good to be single, I smoke in the comfort of my chair and desk!
    …and fall asleep on your keyboard.
    @cigarbreath -----I remember that! We were on Skype that night.  
  • Options
    Freddy_B. said:
    TruDog said:
    ...KC, F/B, glad you's on board with the LT.  And yes, Pour'N.....
    We's have a herf!
    Mikey too!
    CB-----I certainly hope so.  Maybe GK will join in too. 
  • Options
    Freddy_B. said:
    TruDog said:
    ...KC, F/B, glad you's on board with the LT.  And yes, Pour'N.....
    We's have a herf!
    Mikey too!
    CB-----I certainly hope so.  Maybe GK will join in too. 
  • Options
    variant2 said:
    kckasper said:
    variant2 said:
    glassken said:
    TruDog said:
    glassken said:
    Howdy, TruDog!!! This is where it's at now!///...Hey Ken, nice to see ya.
    Good to see you too, brother!I was just remembering how to post on the Banter--and they changed it to FB. 2h thought this would be a good place to re-group. The locals call us CI Refugees! 
    And fùcking post whöre chatter boxes.

Welcome aboard TruDog.

V2-----You think this is postwhoring? Mikey (cigar breath) had 71,000+ posts at the old CI Banter. Like Eddie Cantor said, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
    That probably explains why CI took away your old forum -- they were losing $$ due to bandwidth fees.
    V2-----Yeah, some snot-nosed "genius" was going to save CI a couple grand by switching to FaceBook.  Not even thinking they would forfeit 100 times the savings in lost sales.  I worked in Corporate America for 40 years, and saw this kind of stupidity many, many times.