Home General Discussion

Question?!?

Ever I started to do my homework I realized something that is pretty split down in the middle. Some people say smoke cigars and inhale and others say don't. I always thought you inhaled know what are your guys take on this?

I just ordered a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut, Churchill and will try it as my first cigar (coming in this week!) I was going to get the Robusto but i saw that shipping $ was was $5 and I was like man at least I should get most bang for my buck so I upgrade the size to a churchill. I never new shipping payment was that bad this stick coast me $12!!!

Comments

• I've never heard of anybody telling me to inhale a cigar and i've never heard of people inhaling often or at all. Except when they were talkin w/ swisher sweets or phillies or backwoods....if ya do inhale it will definitely not be a good experience and won't let ya experience all the flavors the C. 18 has to offer.....
  • bkelm18bkelm18 Posts: 3
    You do not inhale cigars. You keep the smoke in your mouth to enjoy the flavors of the cigar. The only thing you will enjoy if you inhale will be your lunch again. :-)
  • spidahspidah Posts: 12
    I disagree with the above statements as far as inhaling.  I inhale my smoke but I also take time to enjoy the flavor before I inhale.  Also it I dont inhale every draw as you would a ciggarette.
  • that is the mnost true thing i've ever read!
    i smoked my first one on thursday and while very nice i did end up losing the chicken wings i had eaten. i never thought i'd say this but friends dont let friends inhale
  • jacobheyman:
    that is the mnost true thing i've ever read!
    i smoked my first one on thursday and while very nice i did end up losing the chicken wings i had eaten. i never thought i'd say this but friends dont let friends inhale
    I'm just asking because I never knew. I did do some research from this forums and other forums and watched some videos on Youtube some people actually do inhale and I just wanted to know before my first cigar comes in the mail if that was the proper way. and thanks to the answers on here I now have my answer.

Thanks everybody I plan on reporting back here and tell everyone of you guys how my first experience was.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I cannot remember reading or talking with any fellow herfers advocating inhaling. With that being said, if a person wants to inhale that's their choice, I choose not to. I will hold the smoke in my mouth for a few moments to enjoy the different flavors. Besides I've done enough damage to my lungs when I smoked cigarettes and they have "filters".
  • joeten5joeten5 Posts: 11
    I would definitely not advocate inhaling. However i must say that i find myself cheating occasionally and slightly inhaling a puff here or there, mostly with the lighter bodied cigars after a good steak dinner and a double shot of esspresso, i just can't help myself dammit :). This is again, i think, totally a personal preference and shouldnot be considered the norm.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    Ive been smoking cigars for 3 years now and I can probably count on my right hand the number of times ive inhaled...but cigar smoking is purely subjective and it is about taste...if you want to try to inhale go for it...but be weary cigars are not at all like cigarettes when it comes to inhaling
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

i wouldnt inhale. I dont. I dont think its a good idea if you do either. not only is it unhealthy but if you ever enhale while smoking a Camacho Diploma you better be standing by a toiletIck! [+o(] 

there is a good chance youll see wehatever you just ate again.

as far as the shipping goes... If you order online you have to make it worth your while.  I try to have it cheaper than my B&M INCLUDING shipping. If the box im buying  costs $100 at the local shop then i will have to buy it for less than that online after the shipping cost. Most of the time it can be done.

I ALWAYS shop for deals online. Cigar.com Doesnt have the deepest discounts online and they dont always have shipping free, however, they more than make up for it in customer sercice.  they will hook you up. you will be happy. they know what they are doing and know cigars to a level that i may never know. you WILL leave happy.   ... and if you're a good boy you may get a free promotional stick (a high end one too) just for calling in and ordering.

• golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I never inhale...but I am not navie enough to think the smoke does not enter my lungs. The smoke the enters my lungs is only from breathing in the smoke that is in the air. I love Cigar.com especially being a canuck.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    I inhale the smoke via my nose so that I may enjoy the aroma my cigar gives off. I like to taste and smell what I am smoking
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

Chevy:
    I inhale the smoke via my nose so that I may enjoy the aroma my cigar gives off. I like to taste and smell what I am smoking

i do the same thing but i dont go in through my nose i go out.

here is how: as i am letting out the smoke from my mouth i stop short of all of the smoke. i then breath out through my nose ans foce the smoke out of my mouth through the nose.

no in, just out.

• TccargillTccargill Posts: 23
    If I were you I would listen to these guys, dont inhale. Its your choice but they say that inhaling a cigar is equivalent to smoking about 10 cigaretts. You want to enjoy the flavors without hacking anything up. Also about the ordering on line thing, I preffer to order from Cigar.com because they sell singles. Normally ill order a box, much cheaper than my local smoke shop and throw in a few singles that ive wanted to try on top of it. With shipping and everything it comes out being way cheaper for me. But I dont know that I would order just one single of the internet.
  • NitronostrilNitronostril Posts: 16
    I do enjoy a deep inhale from say a rp decade... get to taste and feel what the roller intended.... but each there own... trial and error will prevail in the end for you kind sir.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People confuse inhaling cigarettes with inhaling cigars.  Cigarettes are made with tobacco leaves, stems, pieces, pencil shavings, things they pick up from the floor, etc.

Cigars are made from tobacco leaves, bound in a tobacco leaf, wrapped in a tobacco leaf.  In other words it's pure and intense.  I inhaled a cigar by mistake once and I did not like the look of my toenails as I threw them up!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is somebody fvckin with us? A couple of "number newbies" and all these 2008 necros. This one, the inhaler, wants a sponsor. Who's gonna jump on that offer?  
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't thought about it from that angle, but you could very well be right @Bob_Luken .  Somebody's thinking that the forum is handing out these 'newb usernames' and as long as they don't give a location, nobody's the wiser.  Who's fvcking with us?  Maybe @shortstack came back to haunt us.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    2008 is when the forum began. (I think.) So, It's interesting that all these strange necros are 2008. I'm just adding up the clues. If they want attention for necroing, it makes sense that they'd go as far back as possible. 
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    I don't care who inhales. I want to know who swallows.

:D  Daaayummm....
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking that when you join, all them forum messages are unread, so they see all that old crud, I mean nuggets, pearls of wisdom.  I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I'll wait for some real handles before stepping up to be a sponsor.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    I don't care who inhales. I want to know who swallows.
    Died lol'ing
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

As new to forum side, everything is unread. So its all new to me. I appoligize for bringing an old thread back to life. I will be sure to double check dates before i comment... i could not figure out how to change username or add location. Any help with that?
    New guys been having to wait on username lately and we're not sure why. Welcome to the forum. Us members that have been here and know each other well are prone to shenanigans. Hope not to offend you. Necro posts draw some attention and we just like to joke around about it. Welcome. And don't inhale no more. That's bad for ya.
    You could not offend me.... i thank the welcome and look forward to the useless array of knowledge i will learn here. I hope to repay the favor. This place is alil hard to navigate for a noob. On the inhale thing...... i say to each there own as long as you enjoy the cigar.... my lungs enjoy a good fight everyonce and agian anyways ha ha 
    Useless array? I'm offended. I'm offended for your lungs too. Poor things.
    Lol i didnt inhale on every drag just once  every couple puffs.... it freshens up the tastebuds and sizzles the sinuses ha ha
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to enter your chosen forum name and location on the profile page, but as brother Bob says, it may take a bit for it to kick in.

Welcome to the forum.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i didnt inhale on every drag just once  every couple puffs.... it freshens up the tastebuds and sizzles the sinuses ha ha
    "SnotSizzler..BurntBooger" Not sure if these screen names are taken yet, you may still have a chance  ;)
    And welcome.