Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quote of the Day

"Man, it just started snowing out of nowhere this morning, man. Y’all better pay attention to this climate control, man, this climate manipulation. And DC keep talking about, ‘We a resilient city,’ and that’s a model based off the Rothschilds controlling the climate to create natural disasters they can pay for to own the cities, man. Be careful."

- D.C. City Councilman Trayon White

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Opposition MPs from the Vetëvendosje party set off tear gas inside Kosovo's parliament to prevent a vote ratifying the border demarcation with Montenegro.

I did not know Kosovo bordered on Montenegro.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't make this stuff up lol
    You're behind on your behinds.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Fakebook is blowing up about the Uber vehicle hitting that person. Not one of them even understands that the person wasn't in a crosswalk and was crossing traffic unsafely. 
    It's a shame that it happened, but as I said, people have grown complacent in paying attention and following the rules of the road. 

When I was younger, it was pounded into your head to look both ways before you enter the road to cross it. Roads were for cars and trucks. 
    Now, bicycles and pedestrians feel they have the right to just go out in front of a vehicle and the vehicle MUST stop. 
    Unfortunately, as some are finding out, it doesn't always happen.
    The fact that she was crossing at night makes it even more ridiculous. Didn't she see the headlights?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medical expansion has improved health -- with one exception
    Growing drug industry linked to worse health in 30 countries
    Date:
    March 21, 2018
    Source:
    Ohio State University
    Summary:
    While Americans debate the rising cost of health care, a new study of 30 countries over 27 years found that medical expansion has improved overall health -- with one major exception. Researchers found that increased spending on health care and increases in specialized care were both associated with longer life expectancy and less mortality in the countries studied. But pharmaceutical industry expansion was linked to negative health effects.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180321121539.htm
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    webmost said:
    Sorry, I laughed when I read that.

And can someone please explain to me why schools are condoning these walk outs? Some even encouraging it? 

Because many school officials are liberals that do their best to convince kids that their way is the only way. Just like the media America's children are being used as political agenda tools
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock market took a dive today following Trumps planned trade war. My retirement savings are invested in stocks mostly and am not too happy. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:

America's children are being used as political agenda tools
    nailed it
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Diver43 said:

America's children are being used as political agenda tools
    nailed it
    Once you swallow the notion that the good you intend outweighs any evil you do, you have freed yourself from all inhibitions. It's better than sociopathy. The sociopath doesn't feel. The idealist feels virtuous. The worse he does, the more virtuous he feels.

That is the problem with empowering idealism. Using children as pawns is the least of it. The wickedest scenes of human history were dominated by powerful and charismatic idealists. Father Damien had idealism without power. Torquemada had idealism with power. Power corrupts. Charisma empowers. Yet the people demand charismatic idealists in power.

Who here remembers Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment? The difference today is: Raskolnikov eventually succumbed to conscience; whereas in today's atheistic zeitgeist, there is no conscience. All depends on solipsism.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that story a couple days ago, and at first it got a chuckle out of me.  But then I thought, while the best idea yet, it has some merit.  Instead of huddling in a corner and crying it would teach the kids to stand up and fight for your survival; instead of relying on someone else to save your damp ass, get some hair and fight to save it yourself.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    How come it didn't censor out ass?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ass.  Assy ass ass.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Ass.  Assy ass ass.
    That's about as motivational as you can get.  At least we know it works on @miller65rod

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    5 years ago, Stockton CA went bankrupt. Today, they want to endow everyone with a $6,000 a year participation trophy. 
    http://www.businessinsider.com/stockton-california-launching-the-first-us-experiment-in-basic-income-2017-10
    I’ll take some 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, our town went bankrupt and all they are doing for us is raising property taxes and adding a fuel tax to fix the roads.
    We're still trying to figure out what roads they are fixing 3 years later.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, as each year passes it always seems to take more to accomplish less.  It's a basic law of government.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Well, as each year passes it always seems to take more to accomplish less.  It's a basic law of government.
    Eggs Ackley

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is done is always of lower quality.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Nice piece of roadwork got 200 cars.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    jd50ae said:
    jd50ae said:

Nice piece of roadwork got 200 cars.

Are we supposed to know what this is? All I know is it happened 200 times. It would be nice to know more about this crazy photo.  You wouldn't post a dog food recall by only showing us a photo of a bowl of kibble and no details would you? 

Never mind. I found it myself. (I think.) 
    http://www.ktre.com/story/36261799/lufkin-pd-east-side-of-lufkin-loop-is-shut-down-choose-an-alternate-route
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    I would like to laugh, but I can't.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here at work (DOD) they have migrated our entire IT program to a new baseline. One of the side effects?  pictures are stripped out of each web page.  Several websites are blocked, including some DOD sites because of inappropriate content.

I used to check here between customers or during lunch, but looks like forums will be restricted to home use

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Ron, don't you have wifi at work, so you can get online w/ your phone?