Home Non Cigar Related

Concerts: What floats your boat?

StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Non Cigar Related
In the last few years the wife and I have gotten back into going to live concerts.  We have seen Theory of a Deadman,  10 Years, and Breaking Benjamin (three times).  We have tickets for Shinedown, and Five Finger Death Punch/Breaking Benjamin in the near future.  We were supposed to see Jonny Lang, but weren't able to make that one.   Anyone else going/have been to recent, or past live performances?
Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In the last year we saw Foo Fighters, Chilli Peppers, and George Clinton. The wife saw Eve 6 and Garbage also, I sat those out. 

Forgot about Muse and 30sec to Mars
    Post edited by deadman on
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, didn’t know you were a Jonny Lang fan but that kid can play the guitar! Still think his debut Lie To Me album was the best but he’s had a few decent songs after that too. Can’t believe he did Lie To Me when he was 16, killer talent!

Havent been to a concert in a while but a year or so ago I saw Darius Rucker live and that was a great show, about half of it was his current stuff and the other half was classic Hootie and the Blowfish songs. Was fun to hear each. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly country now days.
    Last one was at the County Fair with Montgomery - Gentry, just before Troy Gentry was killed in a helicopter crash.

In my youth, I've been to Jan & Dean concert (you may have to look them up), Beach Boys, Eagles, Boston and The Who concerts.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost some hair to a motley crue pyro stunt. Haven't been to anything since. I've seen journey and Def leppard twice each, foreigner, rush, Boston, crue, sick puppies, and a whole passel of country artists big and small before I fell off the mainstream country. Now I live in a musical dead zone. There's no regular live music within a 3 hour drive. Sometimes the local dives will hire someone small to play but they are usually just one man cover bands 
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t been to a concert in forever, but my favorites were Ozzy (3x), Pantera (twice),Rush, John fogerty. 
    I think the best was ZZ Top with Ted Nugent and Kenny Wayne Shepherd. That was one hell of a show
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most recent concert I attended as a customer and not working was Chris Stapleton last November. It was a fantastic. He is easily my favorite artist right now. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Many country music concerts in the past.  Hank Williams Jr. and Charlie Daniels really stood out, caught the Eagles on their "Hell Freezes Over" tour.  Mellissa Etheridge  opened for them, both were outstanding!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last month I saw Beethovens 9th Symphony with my Son in the choir.
    Think Die-hard when they opened the vault.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grateful Dead 1980, oh recent, nevermind...

There were some in the late 70's so damn loud my ears are still ringing, my pops warned me about that.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    The last concert I went to was Paul McCartney. The next one will be Foo Fighters (in May) and then it'll be a joint concert with Def Leppard and Journey (in July).
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody Jinks, Jamey Johnson, Steve Earle and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band were the most recent. Hopefully seeing Metallica later this year.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    First concert I ever went to was in a pub in Mentor Ohio, I was 17 and thought this is what concerts were like--there were about 15 of us in the bar. Jim Kweskin's Jug Band, playing washtub bass, scrub board, and gallon wine bottles. Still fondly remember it.

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kweskin
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First concert I ever went to was Elton John in Philly. Seen Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, and The Decemberists since. Fleetwood Mac is talking about another tour this year. Wouldn't mind going. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Haven't been in many years. When I did it was everything from Alice Cooper (Capital Center) to The Carpenters (Wolf Trap)  to Liberaci (Kennedy Center ) to Led Zeppelin (Capital Center). Oh and Stevie Ray Vaughn at George Mason University. One hell of a concert. 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s metal count me in!!! BUT last concert I went to was at the DUB car show in Htown...was a bunch of OG’s, bangers, you name it there with crazy rides B)
    Saw WalkAflakaflame, dude was a beast on stage! Some fools in front of me pulled out stacks of like 10k counting it on the air  :D
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to EVERYTHING  so I've been to shows from all walks of life. I still say my favorite shows are the smaller more intimate venues,  but hey if it's Live with a drink in you're hand you can't go wrong. Last show I saw was The Zac Brown Band at the Chelsea in Vegas. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really dig Zac Brown Band, my wife and I are both hooked on Beautiful Drug right now!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really dig Zac Brown Band, my wife and I are both hooked on Beautiful Drug right now!
    They are great artists/performers. They actually ended the show with Enter Sandman... some of the 10gal. hat guys were like what just happened...  :D
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    I listen to EVERYTHING  so I've been to shows from all walks of life. I still say my favorite shows are the smaller more intimate venues,  but hey if it's Live with a drink in you're hand you can't go wrong. Last show I saw was The Zac Brown Band at the Chelsea in Vegas. 
    Agree. All the concerts I attended that I listed above were at two small venues. Very cool to see these acts up close in more of a bar type setting than an arena.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't been in a long time but in the last  two years saw: Paul McCartney, Kid Rock, Cheap Trick, Meat Loaf, Jackson Brown and The Moody Blues.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Hadn't been in a long time but in the last  two years saw: Paul McCartney, Kid Rock, Cheap Trick, Meat Loaf, Jackson Brown and The Moody Blues.
    Kid Rock is coming to Tampa with Brantly Gilbert at the end of the year. Was thinking about going but I just saw Gilbert last month
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    ZZ Top here tomorrow night at our outdoor bluesfest. Stoked.