Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

That makes my mouth water, is that a little salad on the left?

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Why is there a pile of dirt on the plate?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    My take on easy bruschetta. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar.   
  • Options
    Tony, it's quinoa.   Never had it before tonight.   Jury's still out on it.....
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Looks like dirt. ;)
    Taste like dirt?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Quinoa is really good if you boil it in chicken broth when making it.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    NorCalR1 said:
    Stubble said:
    Quinoa is really good if you boil it in chicken broth when making it.
    So then it tastes like chicken broth?
    Most things taste good when you use chicken broth.
    My wife makes mashed potatoes with chicken broth and now I can't stand plain mashed potatoes.

So quinoa is like tofu?
    No taste until you add some flavoring?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience actually it doesn’t really pick up much of the chicken broth flavor I just feel like it makes it moister then plain water. I have a recipe I’ve been using for a few years now that is great. 

Quinoa is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. It is a herbaceous annual plant grown as a grain crop primarily for its edible seeds. Quinoa is not a grass, but rather a pseudocereal botanically related to spinach and amarant

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    NorCalR1 said:
    @0patience actually it doesn’t really pick up much of the chicken broth flavor I just feel like it makes it moister then plain water. I have a recipe I’ve been using for a few years now that is great. 

Quinoa is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. It is a herbaceous annual plant grown as a grain crop primarily for its edible seeds. Quinoa is not a grass, but rather a pseudocereal botanically related to spinach and amarant
    Ugh, spinach. 
    Now I definitely ain't touching it.  :D
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    My take on easy bruschetta. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar.   
    You made that? I'm impressed.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garden salad, spinach soup
  • Options
    Thinking I may try some old fashioned native american fry bread in the pellet grill next week.
    My great grandmother used to mix in some mesquite bean flour and it was pretty great.
    Now, I just have to figure out how to get it like she made it. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Thinking I may try some old fashioned native american fry bread in the pellet grill next week.
    My great grandmother used to mix in some mesquite bean flour and it was pretty great.
    On an RV trip in and around the Four Corners area my child bride and I fell in love with Navajo fry bread. And Navajo tacos border on the orgasmic......

Nothing better than crawling the cliff dwellings and fry bread...   B)
  • Options
    Wampanoag frybread that I've had is just white flour, your grandmother's sounds delicious.
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    0patience said:
    On an RV trip in and around the Four Corners area my child bride and I fell in love with Navajo fry bread. And Navajo tacos border on the orgasmic......

I want to know what you did with those Navaho sex stones @jlmarta
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    jlmarta said:
    0patience said:

I want to know what you did with those Navaho **** stones @jlmarta
    Oh, I’m sure I still have some of them around. Why?  Do you want some?
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ribs and pulled pork by @avengethis

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Wampanoag frybread that I've had is just white flour, your grandmother's sounds delicious.
    She used Flour, sugar, yeast and warm water.
    In her day (she was 109 when she died in 1976), they used maple sap, honey or berries. The mesquite bean flour gives an extra sweet smokey taste to it.
    It may be that they weren't that good, just that as a young kid, it seemed better.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    @silvermouse
    Your comment got me wondering about Fry bread.
    So I started asking my family about why great grandmother's was something we remember being so good.
    It seems that, from my understanding, is that Salish/Flathead recipes often include sugar or sweetener, like maple or honey (often crystallized) and cooking oil (usually some seed oil), while others lard or shortening and no sugar.

To me, my favorites are Salish (biased of course) and Navajo.
    Navajo make the indian tacos I like the best and Salish are my favorites for just general snacks.

I just recently discovered the recipe that my great grandmother used, so kind of jazzed that we get to try making it.

Also, if you are diabetic and have issues with breads, check into mesquite flour.
    It is very flavorful, so a little goes a long ways.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Whenever we go to the Wamp. powwow I make a bee line to one of the frybread or Indian taco stands. According to the genetic test I took I don't have enough Indian blood to even qualify for membership in the Wannabe tribe, (00.5%), but enough native friends and employees to have learned much of what didn't get covered in my American "history" classes.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the perks of being a gracious host.....Leftovers !!!
    Looks AWSOME Peter. 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Whenever we go to the Wamp. powwow I make a bee line to one of the frybread or Indian taco stands. According to the genetic test I took I don't have enough Indian blood to even qualify for membership in the Wannabe tribe, (00.5%), but enough native friends and employees to have learned much of what didn't get covered in my American "history" classes.
    Edward @silvermouse
    If you have an ancestor who was enrolled in the tribe or have verified "blood quantum", then you can be "registered" with the tribe.
    While enrollment requires certain criteria and is different between each nation, registration only requires verified blood quantum.

With registration or a "certificate of blood", benefits, such as Indian health and things like that are available to registered natives.
    If the 00.5% is verified, then you, your children and grandchildren should be able to get a certificate of blood.

Part of my family are enrolled in the Flathead and part of my family are registered. All of my family is eligible for Indian Health. 

Some nation's pull BS on their constitutions, like "your father must be an enrolled member (if your mother is, you are SOL) or you have to show blood quantum AND have an enrolled member who will sponsor you ( good luck with that one).
    Most require 1/4 blood. Some require less, because their numbers are diminishing.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Venison jerky in the making.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Edward @silvermouse
    If you have an ancestor who was enrolled in the tribe or have verified "blood quantum", then you can be "registered" with the tribe.
    While enrollment requires certain criteria and is different between each nation, registration only requires verified blood quantum.

With registration or a "certificate of blood", benefits, such as Indian health and things like that are available to registered natives.
    If the 00.5% is verified, then you, your children and grandchildren should be able to get a certificate of blood.

Part of my family are enrolled in the Flathead and part of my family are registered. All of my family is eligible for Indian Health. 

Some nation's pull BS on their constitutions, like "your father must be an enrolled member (if your mother is, you are SOL) or you have to show blood quantum AND have an enrolled member who will sponsor you ( good luck with that one).
    Most require 1/4 blood. Some require less, because their numbers are diminishing.
    No telling where that 1/2 of 1 percent came from, could be Wampanoag, could be Cuban or Mayan for all I know. My clan-mother friend would be laughing her ass off if I went around saying I was Indian, too much of that happening. I'm 99.3% northern European with a touch of NA and a touch of East Asian. Here's what the dna test said:
    "You most likely had a third-great-grandparent, fourth-great-grandparent, fifth-great-grandparent, sixth-great-grandparent, or seventh-great- (or greater) grandparent who was 100% Native American. This person was likely born between 1680 and 1800." 
  • Options
    dinner in a bag, courtesy Kentucky Fried Chicken.
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Too many ribs

...YaK AttaCK...  BeautiFul BrO.