Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    “I’m president and you’re not.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/president-trump-in-contentious-60-minutes-interview-defends-relationships-with-putin-and-kim-reminds-stahl-im-president

Get em Trump, and about time. Oh well, at least Stahl's career got a kickstart.
    I saw a good chunk of that "interview".  The irony was lost on Stahl when Trump included her in the deceitful/vicious media - she's baiting him, asking questions in a way to set him up, etc - and oblivious to him including her in with the rotten media.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Modern-Day Witches Plan Ritual To Hex Brett Kavanaugh

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/witches-ritual-hex-brett-kavanaugh_us_5bc0efaae4b0bd9ed559feff

That ought to do it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

Pelosi and Waters and Difi?
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    webmost said:

Pelosi and Waters and Difi?
    Naw, they already cast their curse.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subject: Fwd: FW: John Kerry's daughter 

(Yep, more involved than I heard about earlier.  Certainly a breach of National security, in my books.)  pt

John Kerry's daughter:

Initially, the Peace Corps awarded Dr. Vanessa Kerry’s group — now called Seed Global Health — with   a three-year contract   worth $2 million of State Department money on Sept. 10, 2012, documents show. Her father was then the chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, which   oversees   both the Department of State and the Peace Corps.

Seed   secured a four-year extension in September 2015, again without competition. This time, the Peace Corps gave the nonprofit $6.4 million   provided by the Department of State while John Kerry was secretary of state.

Nothing surprises me anymore....but sometimes they explain other things.

Who's married to John Kerry's daughter?

Who knew, Surprise - Surprise!

Nothing ever from the news media on this!

In 2009 the daughter of Secretary of State John Kerry (Dr. Vanessa Bradford Kerry), married an Iranian physician named Dr. Brian Vale Nahed   .

No mainstream media reported this.

Guess who was the best man at the wedding?

Mohammad Javad Zarif.

So who is Mr. Zarif?

He's just the current  Minister of Foreign Affairs for Iran.

.     image

He was Kerry’s chief counterpart in the nuclear deal negotiations that recently concluded ......meaning Kerry was dealing with his daughter's father-in-law.  Cozy, 'eh?

Can you say "Conflict of interest" .... after of course,

"Breach of national security"... and

"Aiding and abetting" one of our principal National Enemies.

Share this charming bit of news with others.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New meaning to back channel

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    South Carolina officials warn about 'flushable' wipes
  • Options

Putin says Russians will 'go to Heaven as martyrs' in the event of a nuclear war as he would only use its atomic arsenal in retaliation to incoming missiles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6292049/Putin-says-Russians-Heaven-martyrs-event-nuclear-war.html

In other news: "After my resurrection I have more flexibility.""

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, who flushed the basketball?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Ok, who flushed the basketball?
    I wondered where that went......They can keep it, I don't want it back now.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/attention-parents-this-robot-will-clean-up-your-childs-toys-1539602386?mod=e2fb

CHIBA, Japan—A startup that has drawn investment from Toyota Motor Corp. showed off a robot that can pick up toys and clothes off the floor and put them in their proper places.

Tokyo-based Preferred Networks Inc. said it plans to sell robots that could handle tidying up and other household tasks such as receiving packages and putting dirty plates into the dishwasher. It didn’t say when, however, meaning children still likely have years of chores ahead of them.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont lose control of your tazer......your suspect might taze your nuggets.

https://youtu.be/x10xOYDkeUI
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    My nephew was a cop in Bakersfield, until he ratted out some dirty cops looks like he went public with his story.

https://youtu.be/WvKKBsX8nxM

• Options
    Maybe I'm dense, but, from this, all I get is: 1) they have a rule says don't spill the beans, and 2) he spilled the beans. What I don't get is 1) what's up with that rule?, and 2) what beans did he spill?

Much less what's this cat in Jersey got to do with it?

So:
    1) Why does the Bakersfield PD have a rule says shut up and close ranks? What whistleblower in the past made them think they need that? 

2) What did Chris see these captains do?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @webmost
    He says he has proof of officers taking bribes, kickbacks, and covering up of cops that  Solicit a prostitute.
    He says he has proof of commanders violating officers bill of rights, Keep in mind this was a twice decorated officer.
    He was also decorated as a soldier in Iraq.
    When he came forward they accuse him of crimes and investigated him and put him on administrative leave.
     The guy in the Jersey is just a youtuber, Reposing the video From Facebook.

• Options

Two nematodes found near Yakutia (coldest village in Russia) were thawed back to life in petri dishes. One came from a squirrel burrow and is believed to be 32,000 years old. The other was dug out of permafrost and is estimated to be 47,000 years old. Both are female and both are eating.

• Options

72 year old Dharampal Singh was collecting firewood when sacred monkeys bricked him to death from their trees in Uttar Pradesh, on Thursday.

In other news, in Portland on Thursday

• Options
    more animal news:

https://youtu.be/WypxWZUiB2s

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    There's a balls joke in there somewhere!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options

Don’t dress up your chickens on Halloween, CDC says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-dont-dress-up-your-chickens-on-halloween

We just made 134 little costumes....what are we gonna do with them?

• Options
    jd50ae said:

Don’t dress up your chickens on Halloween, CDC says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-dont-dress-up-your-chickens-on-halloween

We just made 134 little costumes....what are we gonna do with them?

Tax money well spent.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

THE CARAVAN OF CRAP (www.lonsberry.com)

Where do they s h I t?

The Hondurans in the caravan, the 7,000 (+) people walking north to America, where do they go to the bathroom?

And eat and sleep and store their clothes?

And how is it that after a week on the road they are clean and their hair and clothes are well kept?

How is any of this possible?

And why do these people, supposedly fleeing intolerable conditions in their homeland, carry little flags from their homeland and break into its national anthem when the TV cameras show up?

And speaking of which, for oppressed people, they all seem to be pretty well fed, well groomed and well dressed. Their hair is neat and newly cut, their clothes are clean and in good repair, and they are built like people who have had ample nutrition all their lives, being well developed and, many of them, overweight.

And none of them look dirty or unkempt, like they had been sleeping on the ground for the last week.

There’s just nothing in any of this that makes sense.

Supposedly, these several thousand people spontaneously decided to leave Honduras, walking north in a group, hoping to trek the length of gang-plagued Mexico and present themselves as refugees and prospective Democrats at the American border.

Which, again, makes no sense whatsoever.

And leaves a lot of big questions unanswered, and ignored by the press. Such as, who organized this? Who is paying for it? How have they covered 500 miles in a week?

Seriously. Any number of American “reporters” have walked beside a sympathetic walker and talked about how this particular woman and her children had trekked half a thousand miles over the last week or so.

That’s 71 miles a day.

The best soldiers through history have been able to march 25 miles a day

How have 7,000 people been fed and watered? And how have they gone to the bathroom? If the average person across the world produces about a pound of solid waste a day, that means that these folks are somehow disposing of more than three tons of feces each day.

That’s a heck of a lot of crap, even for a Central American roadway.

Provisioning such an army of people – the equivalent of 10 combat battalions in most of the world’s militaries – is a large task. Transporting and distributing the food and water necessary to keep those people moving is a massive chore which the press says nothing about.

The entire enterprise, as a spontaneous ad hoc event, is implausible.

As an orchestrated international attempt to influence an American election, it starts to make sense.

And ought to alarm us.

Unless it’s only Russians we don’t want **** with our democracy.

Unfortunately, none of this has made the evening news. It’s almost as if the press, in whatever scheme is afoot, gladly accepts its role as propagandists to the American people.

Every story is sympathetic, as if an attempt to enlist viewers and readers in this caravan and the politics it symbolizes.

And so the story is not about an orchestrated attempt to manipulate electoral opinion and violate the borders and laws of the United States, it is about compassion and Trump and xenophobia and racism. It is the October surprise, it is the Blue Wave.

And it is all nonsense.

Because all of these people, if legitimate, have the ability to apply for American asylum in their own country – as do the residents of most nations of the world. We have consulates and embassies for a reason, and this is one of those reasons.

We also have laws and an oath of office for a reason.

Laws, so that “we the people” through our elected representatives clearly and systematically govern our society. Law is the means by which the people express and exercise their sovereignty. Disobedience to law is disobedience to the will of the people, it is the subverting of their sovereignty and franchise.

Breaking the law is denying you the vote. Your vote elects representatives – lets you pick the country’s direction – and the representatives write the law. If that law is ignored, your representation becomes meaningless.

You get screwed.

And the oath of office?

Members of Congress – even Democrats – swear an oath to “bear true faith and allegiance” to the Constitution, which establishes our system of laws and specifically charges the Congress with making the rules of naturalization and immigration.

Who comes across the border and under what conditions they can stay is a constitutional responsibility of the Congress. That is to be determined by a congressional vote, not by a Honduran mob.

Failure to insist on that – even for Democrats – is a violation of your congressman’s oath of office.

So there is not a Democrat or Republican response to this travelling army of invaders – there is only an American response.

And that is: Turn around and go home.

Because the law of the United States does not allow a mass entry like this. The law does not declare the borders open.

If Democrats and progressives don’t like that, they can try to change the law. If America’s progressives want open borders and believe all the world’s people have a right to live in the United States – as they say they do – then they should adjust immigration law accordingly.

But until then, if they are to keep their oaths of office, they must stand for the law and the border.

And they must tell their surrogates to turn around and go home.

Because this caravan is nothing more than a bunch of political s h I t  

- by Bob Lonsberry © 2018

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @jlmarta
    That is absolutely the best thought out and accurate writing I have read on the subject. Wanted=A violent event at the border before the elections is the other thing that is never mentioned.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    After reading a ton of crap on this and trying to sift through the BS and real information. And the BS information out there is numerous.
    NBS is supporting the caravan by their opinions.
    NBC would like people to believe that all of these people are law abiding people who are just fleeing suppression. 
    Law abiding people don't overtake a country's borders by force.

Found this article and since it is not a US news source, I have to assume it's credibility is fairly accurate, if not downplaying certain parts of it.
    https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/english/14000-hondurans-caravan

I would have to agree that this would be, in definition, an invasion.

An interesting interview. Draw your own conclusion.
    https://youtu.be/VRmraLbULUM
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Stolen inflatable colon found in vacant home, Kansas City police say

https://www.foxnews.com/health/stolen-inflatable-colon-found-in-kansas-city-police-say

Why.........?
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Stolen inflatable colon 8found in vacant home, Kansas City police say

https://www.foxnews.com/health/stolen-inflatable-colon-found-in-kansas-city-police-say

Why.........?
    My best guess is that meth heads thought it was a bouncy castle they could sell for drug money. Second guess is that it was some punk teens knew what it was and thought it would be funny to have a giant inflatable poop chute to play with and when the news circulated that the cops were looking for it, got nervous and ditched it.
  • Options