Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Marty!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday! 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Marty!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Y’all. It was a great day. 

The 43rd anniversary of my 39th birthday (a la Jack Benny)
    Wow ^
    Anything wrapped in bacon jes’ gotta be good, right???
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @jlmarta Happy Birthday a couple days late, man steak sounds good right now!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    TX98Z28 said:
    @jlmarta Happy Birthday a couple days late, man steak sounds good right now!
    Thanks for the birthday wish, @TX98Z28. I just finished the leftover steak & potato for dinner tonight. Splendiferous...

Any steak, regardless of the cut, can be made absolutely out-of-this-world delicious by topping it with bleu cheese...   B)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight's dinner. Smoking for 4 hours, then cooking it for another 2.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    **** on a single w/cheese and a side of baby butter beans w/ketchup. White trash gourmet
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    pan fried salmon cooked with homemade tomatillo salsa, broccoli and rice pilaf.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peasant potatoes, blanched fresh green beans and venison steaks with a blueberry sauce. It was killer and got the venison from Brett @firetruckguy shortly after he got the buck. Thanks bro it was killer!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    For a guy that eats a quarter what the average human does you sure cook a lot on your days off LOL
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home made Vodka sauce with penne. Yummm I didn't take a pic because it's all gone.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    chicken paprikash, short grain brown rice, and a V-8, some ginger snaps for dessert.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yum

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is some serious food. Any leftovers?
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dinner tonight just some Makers

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

jd50ae said:

That is some serious food. Any leftovers?
    We ate stew for 3 days
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few weeks of special pizzas that didn't appeal to me at all, my place came up with another home run. The patty melt pizza. Thousand island dressing, caramelized onion, burger and Swiss cheese. After baking, homemade rye croutons were added.I think they need to do some work in reaching that outer crust though. There's just too much dead bread
    beans, red rice, and fresh harvested kale
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I make a menu this week to take a load off my wife...and then she keeps making other stuff.  I guess I'll just let her do it from now on.

Things that did go over well were a lemony-chicken soup that replaced the noodles with spaghetti squash.  This will get made again.

I also did another soup in the slow cooker that was Italian seasoned, creamy, with beef and mushrooms and cheese tortellini.  I'd change it up if I make it again and use Italian sausage and more cream.

And we've had baked chicken and rice.  We've all been sick in the house, so comfort food and soup was the theme.

When the wife went off-menu, she made oven baked sliders on King's Hawaiian rolls. We got a deal a while ago on Steak-ums and had a pack of rolls leftover, so it was good use of the pantry.  I guess she didn't want my easy meal of grilled cheese and tomato soup (our daughter requested it).

Tonight was supposed to be a baked spaghetti casserole, but she decided this morning to do brinner.  No complaints here, because we happen to have lots of eggs and who doesn't like breakfast at 6 PM?

Tomorrow, I'm going back to the slow cooker to make crack chicken (chicken, ranch flavor, bacon, cheddar.)  We serve that on slider rolls for a group.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    ^ We've got to try the lemony chicken soup with spaghetti squash. and "grilled cheese and tomato soup" was my favorite childhood meal, haven't had it in years but was fantasizing about it just a few days ago....