Home Cigar 101

Behike 56

MK5421MK5421 Posts: 9
Hey guys-  I'm new here so pardon me if this is an overdone subject but I recently purchased a box of 10 Cohiba Behike 56's from a trusted source.  When they came, all was true to form with the box, packaging etc.  The cigars look great and for the most part the bands look legit (pics attached) but the one thing that has me hung up is the "Cohiba" nameplate is very orangey in person (does not render as bad in pic but it is more orange than yellow) and it has me wondering if I was duped.  Any thoughts on how can verify if these are legit or fake???

Best Answers

• MK5421MK5421 Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    Sorry guys meant the "Habana, Cuba" label is orangey.
    Answer ✓
    Thx for the feedback guys.  @TX98Z28, I don't have any box codes that I'm aware of.   @miller65rod, can you share with me what you based that decision on?  I paid $900 USD for the box of 10

Answers

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris farley idk GIF
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post up the box codes, if there are any.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are fake. Your source is not that trustworthy 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

edited December 2018
    All u have to do is look at the Cohiba Taino Indian head. Black outline not centered. The neck area should run from corner to corner on 2 of the white squares forming 2 perfect triangles. There are many more indicators. Embossing looks like shiit. The bands are fake and so are the cigars. No box code not good. In 2014 the band changed as well to add even more security features. I doubt these are prior to 2104. 

U can wish all u want but your source is not a source. I have attached a picture of a real band. Look at how crisp everything is. Behikes are Cohiba's Cadillac cigar and everything is very prestine. Cuba is not perfect at times but those bands look like shiit. Behikes are one of the most faked cigars around because of the price they command. In the future only by from a real trusted source or a La Casa Del Habano authorized dealer.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there you go, mystery solved. Nice detective work Rodney.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that Behikes are overrated.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @miller65rod just made me a bit smarter today when it comes to cigars.

I have a rule.  Once I make a purchase like this, I stop investigating.  It is too late, so I enjoy what I have.  Do not want to know if it is a fake or could have been purchased for less.  Hope those cigars smoke well for you.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited December 2018
    Diver43 said:
    @miller65rod just made me a bit smarter today when it comes to cigars.

I have a rule.  Once I make a purchase like this, I stop investigating.  It is too late, so I enjoy what I have.  Do not want to know if it is a fake or could have been purchased for less.  Hope those cigars smoke well for you.

@Diver43

Yeap. Usually if your asking you already know the answer. Just like when you get Cubans and you complain to the vendor that they have mold on them. The reply is always "PLUME"

Counterfeiters are getting better and better with these bands. But just like money they will continue to make changes to them etc. to keep up with them. 

If your gonna spend that much on seegars you better make sure they are legit. I only buy from La Casa Del Habano sites anymore. While it is not 100% safe it is better than anything else out there.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    MK5421 said:
     I paid $900 USD for the box of 10
    I have little interest in CCs except to ask,..........because none of the rest of you blinked at $900.   $900? Really? $900 for ten?!! Did nobody else say anything because this is a fake troll  thread anyway? I could buy so many great Nicaraguan cigars with $900 :) 
    Not all CCs are crazy expensive. But the Behikes are. 
    Not a troll thread by any means, thanks for you opinion though.  Was just looking for some feedback from those that may have some info for me not judgement on the price.  I appreciate the genuine answers provided regarding my question.  Have a good day.

edited December 2018
    MK5421 said:
    Not a troll thread by any means, thanks for you opinion though.  Was just looking for some feedback from those that may have some info for me not judgement on the price.  I appreciate the genuine answers provided regarding my question.  Have a good day.

Stick around. Pay no attention to the price police they mean no harm. Sticker shock on Behike's is what it is. This is great community with some of the nicest people in the world. So lite up a smoke and post some pics of what your smoking. 

Be sure to check of the "Bum of the week" thread also. It's always trending #1 on Twitter.

BTW did you get refunded? If not then lesson learned. It happens a lot in this business.

As I stated there are many other reasons I say they are fake. Compare the cap of you what you have to a real Behike. Notice the difference. Just another telling sign.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Thanks for the response, love your posts!  Trying to get $$ back but the retailer is standing behind the "authenticity" of the sticks.  The battle goes on!  Definite lesson learned on this one I won't soon forget.  

MK5421 said:
    Thanks for the response, love your posts!  Trying to get $$ back but the retailer is standing behind the "authenticity" of the sticks.  The battle goes on!  Definite lesson learned on this one I won't soon forget.  

Can u private message me the retailer? 

Ty
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

PM sent.
  • HawkenzHawkenz Posts: 1
    I’m new here as well, was looking for info on calibrating my Boveda Butler, I’ve not read the rules and regs yet but assume mentioning a source for cc is verbotten. I love my little Fonsecas wrapped in tissue paper, 75 a box and legit, a great morning coffee smoke
    Hawkenz said:
    I’m new here as well, was looking for info on calibrating my Boveda Butler, I’ve not read the rules and regs yet but assume mentioning a source for cc is verbotten. I love my little Fonsecas wrapped in tissue paper, 75 a box and legit, a great morning coffee smoke
    Go to this link and ask Chris aka yakster. He has one

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1069025#Comment_1069025
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    MK5421 said:

I promise I'm not judging you. My question on the price was intended for anyone to reply. It comes from my lack of knowledge of Cuban products, not from any judgement of you. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. My cigar buying experience has developed entirely without Cuban products, and I am not accustomed to spending more than U.S. market prices. And the idea that you may be a troll comes from the suspicions we have about one or more of our members who like to create new "fake" accounts and have fun watching us react. Also not intended to be directed at you in any negative way.

Replies to questions on this forum are wide ranging and we cannot avoid replies that aren't specific answers to questions we might ask. In replies to my posts, I get my balls busted in ways that I never can predict. 

Welcome to the forum. I hope you can enjoy what we have to offer. The regulars here are fun and informative to be associated with and I hope you will feel the same camaraderie that we do.  
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI even the 2010 release does not have a black head in the band, nor does the 2013.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    The head is not blackout appears that way in the photo due to the angle I took the photo and the lighting.  It is a hologram head as it should be.