Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

People are texting their exes and buying stuff in their sleep

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/people-are-texting-their-exes-and-buying-stuff-in-their-sleep

Has anyone been texting jeff?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, that explains why zombie movies and tv shows are popular. Phone zombies, it's a thing.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/people-are-texting-their-exes-and-buying-stuff-in-their-sleep
    I know I am guilty of sleep riding from time to time, on long motorcycle trips.

Isn't that what truck air horns are for?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    jd50ae said:

I know I am guilty of sleep riding from time to time, on long motorcycle trips.

Isn't that what truck air horns are for?

That's why they make cruise control!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got my daughter a record player for Christmas and I was joking that we'd get her a typewriter next year until I saw this:

Throw out your computer — typewriters are making a comeback

https://www.mhpbooks.com/throw-out-your-computers-typewriters-are-making-a-comeback/
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    police post a tongue in cheek invitation and Fox news apparently thought it was serious:

https://myfox8.com/2018/12/30/police-offer-to-test-residents-meth-for-the-zika-virus/
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    police post a tongue in cheek invitation and Fox news apparently thought it was serious:

https://myfox8.com/2018/12/30/police-offer-to-test-residents-meth-for-the-zika-virus/
    No offence but,..... Local Fox Network affiliates are not Fox News. And the local station you linked is in High Point NC, not from Louisiana, where law enforcement posted the announcement on their facebook page. If you do a google search of the words used in the headline, (Police in Louisiana are encouraging anyone with crystal meth to bring it to them to be tested for the Zika virus) you will see many local news outlets from around the country posting the exact same story. Here's one from an NBC affiliate in Seattle. (Not NBC News)
    https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/police-offer-to-test-louisiana-meth-for-zika-virus/281-6617f890-6455-455c-b2c1-d00a2666749f

• Options
    edited December 2018
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost said:
    yeah, I've been worried about that asteroid. If only the gov't didn't shut down we'd all be safe, lol. Odd that the report you linked is dated Jan 19, 2018 7:13 PM
  • Options
    All that matters to the junk news peddlers of the internet is whether the headline will get the clicks they need. Facts and context are not important. Whether or not we click on their website is what's important. Which reminds me of a clickbait headline I've been seeing over and over for a while now, as best I can recall it goes something like this, (Insert name of famous male athlete), ____________ lives with his partner in this amazing/fabulous/ mansion/estate. WTF? I'm pretty sure the click-bait is designed make us dummies curious about what they mean by "partner", rather than give a crap about seeing the house. Right?  

• Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    All that matters to the junk news peddlers of the internet is whether the headline will get the clicks they need. Facts and context are not important. Whether or not we click on their website is what's important. Which reminds me of a clickbait headline I've been seeing over and over for a while now, as best I can recall it goes something like this, (Insert name of famous male athlete), ____________ lives with his partner in this amazing/fabulous/ mansion/estate. WTF? I'm pretty sure the click-bait is designed make us dummies curious about what they mean by "partner", rather than give a crap about seeing the house. Right?  

I haven't fallen for that more than three or four times!
  • Options
    Cops grieve 'Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' lost in NYE truck fire: 'No words'

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/cops-grieve-krispy-kreme-doughnuts-lost-in-nye-truck-fire-no-words

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    Cops grieve 'Krispy Kreme Doughnuts' lost in NYE truck fire: 'No words'

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/cops-grieve-krispy-kreme-doughnuts-lost-in-nye-truck-fire-no-words

Don't laugh, it hurts!
  • Options
    More than three dozen drugmakers began 2019 by raising the cost of hundreds of medicines, according to an analysis from Rx Savings Solutions. The average increase was 6.3%, including rises on different doses for the same drug, as pressure grows on the industry over prices. Other companies like Allergan (NYSE:AGN) set the pace with increases of nearly 10% on more than two dozen products.
  • Options
    He's done the maths!
  • Options
    More than three dozen drugmakers began 2019 by raising the cost of hundreds of medicines, according to an analysis from Rx Savings Solutions. The average increase was 6.3%, including rises on different doses for the same drug, as pressure grows on the industry over prices. Other companies like Allergan (NYSE:AGN) set the pace with increases of nearly 10% on more than two dozen products.
    And with the dems taking over it is only going to get worse. Bet on it.
  • Options
    But it got worse already with the republicans in a majority leadership position. Fact is, it is the big $$ in "charge" regardless of who is in office. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make up for snow days my daughter’s high school is adding 3 min onto the school day for the rest of the year. Apparently 3 minutes longer in her last class is going to make up for the days missed in the other classes.🤨
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    And with the dems taking over it is only going to get worse. Bet on it.
    That's funny.  Like an unregulated market has ever worked out in the interest of the little guy.  Trickle down never seems to make it down.  These costs are due to the intransigence of repugnicans during the formation of the ACA, a long under-regulated generics industry, and the evil of greed.  It will only get worse under the current administration.

What's crazy is that this comes in the middle of an antitrust investigation.  You'd think they'd lay low.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    So that's were they come from? U got to love China.

Demos in Shop? Mmmmm. Wonder if the old lady in the pic is demo'n?

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Wonder whether you can buy a demo at a discount?

• Options
    Do they wash the demo or is there just a bottle of hand sanitizer next to it?
  • Options
    deadman said:
    At the very least:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    deadman said:

That stuff stings,...... I read that,..... somewhere. 
  • Options
    You clean it the way you clean a cast iron skillet, just rub sand on it.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    😂  yeah but then you have to re-season it
  • Options
    deadman said:
    Yakster said:
    😂  yeah but then you have to re-season it
    ....and it is a long way to the beach...
  • Options
    no comment.
    ------
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/6/18170575/kohler-konnect-bathroom-smart-gadgets-numi-intelligent-toilet-ces-2019

Truly, we live in an age of wonders.

Kohler’s Numi 2.0 Intelligent Toilet is one of those strange products that draws so heavily on buzzwords and tech trends that it’s indistinguishable from parody. In a press release, Kohler promises that customers will enjoy a “fully-immersive experience” thanks to the many “lighting and audio enhancements” of the Numi 2.0 Intelligent Toilet. They’ll be able to set the mood, using voice commands to cue up music and customize the lighting, all while Kohler’s PureWarmth toilet seat add-on toasts their behind to their preferred temperature.
    Numi Intelligent Toilet, goes for $7,000 (or $9,000 in black).
  • Options

Nope. I don't need Alexa listening to me poop. On the other hand, something like that might have saved Elvis.