Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bring in my Alexa, or at least a Bluetooth connected speaker, when I wash the dogs.  I use a timer for the flea dip, play music, and call for other family members to dry them dogs.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Is it normal to have cameras and microphones pointed at you and your guests? Currently the answer is mostly no,” he says. “These devices aim to change the answer to yes.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/01/amazon-echo-alexa-google-home-spying-on-me/
  • Options
    Privacy?

That horse left the barn.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Privacy?

That horse left the barn.

Then they burned down the barn.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Giant ‘fatberg’ blocks sewer in popular English resort town

https://www.foxnews.com/world/giant-fatberg-blocks-sewer-in-popular-english-resort-town

This is getting to be a habit.

• Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Not reading that one again, almost made me sick the first time I read about a fatburg, how it is formed, and how it is cleaned up.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hawkeye said:
    Not reading that one again, almost made me sick the first time I read about a fatburg, how it is formed, and how it is cleaned up.
    Different one.

How many of you have had backups or just plain pluggers plumbing?
    We have had 3 (the last one a year ago) and finally the plumber asked us about sanitary wipes. Elderly and kids, we went through a lot of them. No more flushing them down the toilet, and no more problems.
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to blow out my Mom's kitchen sink over the holidays.  She says it always plugs up over the holidays.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    https://bgr.com/2019/01/10/ring-camera-customer-feeds-accessed-creepy-privacy-violation/

Amazon-owned Ring has reportedly been spying on customer camera feeds

Andy Meek @aemeek
    January 10th, 2019 at 3:24 PM
    If you own a Ring doorbell camera system, we’ve got some bad news. The smart home company owned by Amazon, which the Internet retail giant shelled out more than $1 billion to acquire, has apparently been violating its customers’ privacy in a pretty shocking way. A new report from The Intercept quotes unnamed sources who confirm that engineers and executives at Ring have “highly privileged access” to live customer camera feeds, utilizing both Ring’s doorbells as well as its in-home cameras.

All that’s apparently required to tap into the live feeds is a customer’s email address. Meaning, the company has been so egregiously lax when it comes to security and privacy that even people outside the company could have potentially done this, using merely an email address to begin spying on customers, according to the report.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy I know that delivers to my work is such a moron it's unbelievable. I knew he was a not playing with a full deck the first time I ever talked to him but the level of his stupidity is off the charts. First off, this is a guy that lost parts of three fingers in a 4th of July fireworks accident. Brilliant. But I just found out he got fired for damaging his semi while backing out of their warehouse. He called the boss and told him someone sideswiped him on the interstate. Then when the boss got to work the genius was there, not on the interstate. Oh, and he was drunk. He blew a .18 when they realized he was drunk and called the cops. And the kicker...it was his day off. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    A guy I know that delivers to my work is such a moron it's unbelievable. I knew he was a not playing with a full deck the first time I ever talked to him but the level of his stupidity is off the charts. First off, this is a guy that lost parts of three fingers in a 4th of July fireworks accident. Brilliant. But I just found out he got fired for damaging his semi while backing out of their warehouse. He called the boss and told him someone sideswiped him on the interstate. Then when the boss got to work the genius was there, not on the interstate. Oh, and he was drunk. He blew a .18 when they realized he was drunk and called the cops. And the kicker...it was his day off. 
    tl;dr
    This guy is so dumb he lost fingers on July 4th and also got fired on his day off. You can't make this stuff up. 
  • Options
    tl;dr
    This guy is so dumb he lost fingers on July 4th and also got fired on his day off. You can't make this stuff up. 
    I forgot the part about him pissing his pants. That seems almost normal compared to the other stuff this dipšhit does.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew a guy that was on a conference call with his boss and the head of the company he worked for.  This call was meant for him to be promoted instead he started talking and got fired.  Not as good as showing up to work on your day off and crashing a company truck, but still funny.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    This was kinda funny:
    https://youtu.be/i1Ffaa9V2-I

No notion why the video is upside down... but that's apt.

Gal's a CNN "legal analyst". Guy's a Fox dude.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Man that’s bad lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

I was married to that girl.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many years ago, around 1980, I went to work at an auto shop for a very short time and this lady came in and said her husband stuck his finger in her rear end and it was dry.

Another time, a vehicle came in on a tow truck and the engine was full of water. Evidently, this girl had called her boyfriend, because it was over heating. 
    He told her to make sure to fill it with water. She did. She pulled the oil cap and filled it with water.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Many years ago, around 1980, I went to work at an auto shop for a very short time and this lady came in and said her husband stuck his finger in her rear end and it was dry.

I guess I'd have gotten fired right there.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I can remember the first time I read 1984 in school (oddly enough, in the 70s).
    At that time, I believed that the things in the book were fiction and could never happen. I was wrong.

https://youtu.be/_e1nkwMuZyY
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Funny, I also read it back then, and was absolutely convinced that it would happen.  Probably not by '84, but in time.  And it is.  :'(
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-to-investigate-taunting-of-native-americans-by-students/ar-BBStnqp?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

This is how retarded our youth have become.
    Chanting "build the wall" to Native Americans. 
    Do these idiot children believe that Native Americans are immigrants??

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that ^ too. Kid looks like he's got some problems ahead of him. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that ^ too. Kid looks like he's got some problems ahead of him. 
    That elder native sure had some patience.
    I'm afraid I'd end up in jail, cause I'd have probably knocked that smug smile off that kid's face.
    Then again, I'd have been smoking a cigar and blowing it in his face.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    0patience said:

Then again, I'd have been smoking a cigar and blowing it in his face.

He just stood there as if his presence was all powerful. A really dumb act by a really stupid punk. Where do they come from? Is there a factory that stamps out really stupid people? He is in "school", does that not scare the cr@p out of you?

• Options
    nah, he's a high school kid. Only thing worse than going to hell is being sent back to being an adolescent.