Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stilton outdid himself today:

Yes, it's true: These two have started up a Hollywood production company. Stilton's page suggests several movie projects (none of which will be shot in Georgia owing to an expected shortage of dead babies), to wit:

THE STOLEN THRONE (Historical Drama) - On the eve of the coronation of a new Queen, an evil court jester seizes power with help from scheming cossacks and deplorable peasants.

OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEBB (Comedy) - A young socialite is stunned to realize that she's the spitting image of her mother's ham-faced goofball former law partner.

GLOW (Action Thriller) - Cancer-stricken Russian orphans will die without radiation treatments. With time running out, one woman risks everything to get them a life-saving supply of U.S. uranium.

HONEY, I ERASED YOUR WEDDING (Comedy) - The wedding of the century is put at risk when the bride's mother accidentally erases a computer hard drive containing all the plans.

DEVIL WITH THE BLUE DRESS (Horror) - A family's personal and professional lives become a living Hell when they're haunted by a vengeful spirit in a stained dress.

IT'S A LIVING! (Romantic Comedy) - She's young, in love, and a con-artist who skims donations from third world dysentery victims. Now she'll take any job to keep her boyfriend from finding out!

ARKANCIDE (Suspense) - One by one, a powerful woman's enemies are dying in strange ways. To clear her name, she must find the real killer with the help of a dangerously violent former football player.

... and one of Stilton's readers suggests:

THE LAW, SHANKED, REDUMPTION: (Drama) Two corrupt politicians bond over a number of years, never finding solace and eventual redemption because they wouldn't know common decency if it bit them in the ass.

O FOSTER, WHERE ART THOU? (Comedy) When an attorney finds evidence of corruption, a wacky chase ensues. 

The world is wackier than ever
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

"Even if we use the lower estimate, the medical profession constitutes the third leading cause of death in the United States. It goes heart disease, cancer, then… me."
    https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/11/10/medical-care-the-third-leading-cause-of-death/
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michigan mosque leader says 'wife beating' is a way to remind a woman she 'misbehaved'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-mosque-leader-explains-wife-beating-as-a-means-to-remind-the-woman-that-she-misbehaved

• Options
    edited June 2019
    House Dem says she's tired of 'so many sex-starved males' opposing abortion

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-norma-torres-sex-starved-males-abortion

Another democrat running for POTUS...???
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Turns out the proportions of women and men opposed to abortion are virtually identical. I forget where I read the numbers just recently. Surprised me. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited June 2019
    webmost said:
    jd50ae said:

Turns out the proportions of women and men opposed to abortion are virtually identical. I forget where I read the numbers just recently. Surprised me. 
    I have always wondered what the father has to say about it. It is his child too.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said for years that if the father has no vote in the "choice", then there should be no such thing as child-support payments.  It's not his choice.

My true feeling is that a woman should have the "right to choose".  Rape is a terrible thing.  However, once she's made the choice to "do it", she needs to take the responsibility for her "choice", which was to expose herself to the possibility of pregnancy.  The choice part is over.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I've said for years that if the father has no vote in the "choice", then there should be no such thing as child-support payments.  It's not his choice.

My true feeling is that a woman should have the "right to choose".  Rape is a terrible thing.  However, once she's made the choice to "do it", she needs to take the responsibility for her "choice", which was to expose herself to the possibility of pregnancy.  The choice part is over.  
    Rape accounts for a negligible number of abortions.

Men's statutory abortion, called a "paper abortion", was proposed in Sweden several years back. It amounted to the man being able to renounce financial responsibility within the same time limit as the woman had to chose whether to kill, which I think was 16 or 18 weeks. Seemed equitable to me; except that the man should have to make his choice a week or so earlier than the woman, because, let's face it, whether she can hope to screw money out of him is going to be a major factor in whether she decides to let her critter live, since my sense of it is that the overwhelming preponderance of abortions are a matter of financial convenience.

Here is an 18 week fetus:

• Options
    Yeah, I didn't think that rape had much to do with abortion.  The point was that the woman's choice was made when she decided to have ssex with the guy.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't think that rape had much to do with abortion.  The point was that the woman's choice was made when she decided to have ssex with the guy.
    That's a tough choice to make when 1) Nature demands seks, 2) Most every movie & song incorporate fornication, 3) Culture expects girls to emulate boys in seksual predation, 4) God is dead.

• Options

The U.S. government racked up a deficit of $208B in May as it received $232B but spent $440B during the month, according to a monthly Treasury statement. That means for the first time in U.S. history, the federal government spent more than $3T in the first eight months of the fiscal year. The deficit's rise follows the 2017 GOP tax act, which the CBO projected would add some $1.9T to the debt over a decade, as well as bipartisan plans to increase spending on both the defense and domestic sides of the ledger.
  • Options
    You will be glad to know that none other than O.J. Simpson is now on Twitter.
  • Options
    You can tweet from prison?

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he got out.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Sleddog46 said:
    I believe he got out.
    All good things must come to an end.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the glove didn't fit.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Leather shrinks when there's blood on it.

• Options
    goodbye entry-level jobs
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/mcdonalds-tests-robot-fryers-and-voice-activated-drive-throughs-11561060920

McDonald’s Tests Robot Fryers and Voice-Activated Drive-Throughs

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ I read somewhere that when you order a salad, the robot laughs and says 'who are you trying to kid?'.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:

With abdominal etching, plastic surgeons help patients get 'six-pack abs'
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190422155008.htm
    Yeah, but can they make me taller?!
    @YankeeMan For that you will want to visit  Jimmy Choo or Louis Vuitton. Stilettos are in your future. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    YankeeMan said:

With abdominal etching, plastic surgeons help patients get 'six-pack abs'
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190422155008.htm
    Yeah, but can they make me taller?!
    @YankeeMan For that you will want to visit  Jimmy Choo or Louis Vuitton. Stilettos are in your future. 
    Do they have matching purses? 

Actually, I don't think I could handle the balance.  With me, coordination strikes every 60 seconds.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy shoots himself and then messages ammo manufacturer to leave a glowing review.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Boo Fckem Hoos photo
  • Options
    Sorry for the small font. I thought it would come across full size. Funny though.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was a parent's job to keep their kids safe.  I must have done it wrong.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    MEDIA CONTACT
    Available for logged-in reporters only

CITATIONS
    Diabetes Metabolism Research and Reviews

TYPE OF ARTICLE
    Research Results

SECTION
    MEDICINE

CHANNELS
    Cardiovascular Health, Cell Biology, Diabetes, Obesity, Public Health, All Journal News
    KEYWORDS
    Statins, Type 2 Diabetes, Cholesterol, Lipids
    Newswise — COLUMBUS, Ohio – A study of thousands of patients’ health records found that those who were prescribed cholesterol-lowering statins had at least double the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. 

The detailed analysis of health records and other data from patients in a private insurance plan in the Midwest provides a real-world picture of how efforts to reduce heart disease may be contributing to another major medical concern, said Victoria Zigmont, who led the study as a graduate student in public health at The Ohio State University. 

Statins are a class of drugs that can lower cholesterol and blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. More than a quarter of middle-aged adults use a cholesterol-lowering drug, according to recent federal estimates. 

Researchers found that statin users had more than double the risk of a diabetes diagnosis compared to those who didn’t take the drugs. Those who took the cholesterol-lowering drugs for more than two years had more than three times the risk of diabetes. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New web site: https://www.warpedcigars.com/

Love it or hate it?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    New web site: https://www.warpedcigars.com/

Love it or hate it?
    Ugh.....  
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...