Do you even camp bro?? Tent Edition.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We upped our tent game last summer.

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was given an Ozark trail 10 person last year and used it once this summer. It's almost offensively large. But an added benefit is it can be turned into 3 "rooms" via privacy curtains and each space has it's own zippered entry. It was nice when we got rained on and 6 people had a dry place to play cards with some elbow room
  • Options
    My giant ass is 6 foot 4 and I can stand up in the short ends. We got 3 queen air beds in it with room for gear along the walls. Heck of a good deal at 90 dollars. Some people can't get Ozark trail to play nice for them. I must treat mine like spun glass or I get all the good ones
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! We got ours on sale end of year 2017 for $85 and it “sleeps” 12. Plenty of room for the 3 kids, the wife, me and the dog + gear. We family camp in state parks so we don’t have to hike the gear very far. We waterproofed it and sealed the seams. So far it has been great. I figure if I can get 2-3 seasons it is worth the money. 
  • Options
    Tent sleep counts are like corona counts for humidors. If it says 12 they mean 8 children or 6 adults and gear. This Christmas I gave a few hammocks as gifts and I look forward to taking a few car campers on a trip like They be never seen this summer. I found a state recreation area in a decent central location and we will do a walk in camp. Might have to whip some of them into shape first
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My setup fits into a backpack. Try not to focus on the face too much, or else I will tend to look like Vin Diesel.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    My set up this weekend. Started getting so warm under there I blew the frost out of the ground under me
  • Options
    More cold camp picturesbreaking campcook off in the dutch oventhe snow my tarp shed overnighthalf the crew in the stone yurtthe other half of the crewFriday morning breakfast fireyurt fireplaceFriday morning breakfast of home fries, bacon and eggs, and green chile
  • Options
    Low of 26. No precipitation. Perfect
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like a sun shade on the ground... what's up with that?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably something to step on in bare feet when getting in or out of the hammock.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yak nailed it.
  • Options
    Going to have a hammock buddy this summer. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started camping, I tent camped for many years.  Then I moved to a pop up trailer, then a travel trailer and finally a motor home.  Now that I am two years older than dirt, it's a hotel with room service!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to car camp and tent camp but when I got married we picked up a pop-up tent trailer.  Later, when the kids were older I told my wife that there at an age that we could start backpacking and tent camping, but there was no turning back for her, so it's been tent trailer or better ever since.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to have a hammock buddy this summer. 
    @Rhamlin has a hammock.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing the photos!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool pics, looks like you had a great trip.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I know a guy that lived in Gunnison for a while.  Never got to visit while he was out there, but his photos were spectacular.  So are these.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Photos
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those gold trees look like an incredible sight, thanks for sharing the Picts 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Options
    I think I have about a hundred more pictures but these were the best. I have to get back another time and do the north rim of the canyon. There is no access between north and south without driving 2 to 3 hours around the whole canyon system. This is the first of many adventures as I have decided my bucket list is to see all 61 national parks. I hope to squeeze some herfs in on my travels as well as trade smokes for showers. Based on how ripe I was after this 4 day jaunt, I imagine my 10 or 12 day sojourns are going to require hygiene intermissions.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you make a trip to Chaco Canyon.
    You are always welcome here. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Chaco isn't on the list of 61 but abq is on the way to petrified forest np