Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we can find out everything we want to know about Warped cigars elsewhere online, it's easy to hate that stupid site.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I read correctly? Are democrats now saying that there IS a crisis on the border? You know, just like obozo said in 2014?
  • Options
    https://fox6now.com/2019/06/26/nearly-100-drivers-following-google-maps-detour-get-stuck-in-muddy-field/

Too close to what most of us have experienced, but still worth a chuckle.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from Reuters:
    5-4 decision
    The Supreme Court has narrowly rejected the latest effort by election reformers to curb the controversial practice of gerrymandering. It means the manipulation of voting maps by politicians isn’t stopping anytime soon.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacking the court is SO important to preserve our legacy of, um, democracy?  No, that's not it, freedoms?...No, wrong again...hmm...rights under law?...No?  Oh well, I'm at a loss.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elitist rule by moneyed interests!  That's it! 

I knew it would come to me.

Something we can all get behind.

Or else!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/construction-of-border-wall-panels-underway-in-california

Wait a minute......isn't calalafornia a sanctuary state?
    Shouldn't the wall stop at the beginning of the border of calalafornia? And then continue north between Arizona and calalafornia?
  • Options
    3' of hail in Guadalajara:

Piles of hail on Sunday reached more than 3 feet high in some parts of western Mexico
    Piles of hail on Sunday reached more than 3 feet high in some parts of western Mexico.CreditFernando Carranza/Reuters
  • Options
    ^^^ how cool is that?    ;-)
  • Options
    Calalafornians now must clear a background check to buy ammunition. And pay for it, $20 for the 1st purchase and $1 for any that follow.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Calalafornians now must clear a background check to buy ammunition. And pay for it, $20 for the 1st purchase and $1 for any that follow.
    Yeah.....  ain’t a liberal-controlled state wunnerful???  
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Fvck1n Cal,.... Fvck1n Cal,...... Fvck1n Cal,...... sorry, I have a very unique speech impediment now. 

Fvck1n Calvin! 
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw our Linville NC vol fire department set up on the main road and selling fireworks. Duhhhh
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw our Linville NC vol fire department set up on the main road and selling fireworks. Duhhhh
    Trying to drum up business

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to post the exact same response.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Wisconsin's 'serial toilet clogger' gets 150 days behind bars, three years probation

I think a few hundred hours cleaning toilets would have been nice.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Wisconsin's 'serial toilet clogger' gets 150 days behind bars, three years probation

I think a few hundred hours cleaning toilets would have been nice.
    Back in the early ‘80s, the child bride and I owned a small mom & pop grocery store in the mountains of Washington State - God’s country. 

It it was a country-style building with a long front porch. The entrances to the restrooms were at the far end of that porch and it was my job to service them. 

About the only problem I ever had with the men’s room was replacing stolen rolls of toilet paper taken by hikers who had forgotten to include that item in their pack. 

But i swear by all that’s holy, that if a woman could have gotten a 10-wheel dump truck through the door they’d have tried flushing it down the toilet. You wouldn’t believe the things I had to retrieve from there. 

And talk about filthy, men leave a pristine room behind them compared to what a woman’s rest room looks like after they leave. It’s just unbelievable. 

I realize i’m generalizing in that last paragraph and not all women are bathroom slobs but I think you get my drift..... 
  • Options
    One of the women I work with makes the same complaint. If she has no choice but to use a public bathroom, she uses the men's room.
  • Options
    When I worked nights I traveled the same roads over and over. There were certain service stations (chain) that kept one bathroom open at night. Cleaning both of the disgust left by some people was too much. It got to the point the employee would not hand out the key to certain people and the cops were frequently called. Some people are just pigs. More then once I was allowed to use the employees bathroom, shame they didn't all have one. And more then once I turned the spotlight on someone who drove onto company property and just squatted.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Peter hasn't chosen to comment on recent events at the Excellent Herf.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    My lips are sealed. 
  • Options
    ^probably a good thing.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidently Kaperpukey got his panties in a bunch over the Betsy Ross flag being on some shoes.
    I thought that loser was out of the news, but like a bad penny, here he is.

Arizona Gov. Ducey to pull Nike incentives over Betsy Ross Flag shoe controversy
    https://www.azfamily.com/news/gov-ducey-to-pull-nike-plant-incentives-over-colin-kaepernick/https://www.azfamily.com/news/gov-ducey-to-pull-nike-plant-incentives-over-colin-kaepernick/article_d9b2fa92-9cbd-11e9-96ee-2b6e1d0335c4.html?utm_medium=social-9cbd-11e9-96ee-2b6e1d0335c4.html?utm_medium=social
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad when Nike says that shoe may offend "some people."  What about the millions of people who love and respect the flag and more so, what it stands for.

To me, it's only offending one has been, washed up quarterback!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Indian man, 20, wakes up at his own funeral after being pronounced dead by doctors
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    So, let me get this straight...

Kaepernick doesn't like the flag on shoes for...reasons.

Now, people want Nike to bring back a flag on a shoe...where it's going to get dirty?  Nike's gonna make $ off of it? It's kinda disrespectful placement?

I'd think this would be a "united but for different reasons" cause, here.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Indian man, 20, wakes up at his own funeral after being pronounced dead by doctors
    "Furqan had been unconscious since June 21 when he got into an accident. Doctors declared him dead on Monday but coincidentally only after the man’s family told the hospital that looked after him they no longer had the funds to pay for his care."
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Now you don't have to look people in the eyes, your smartphone will make you look sincere:
    https://gizmodo.com/apples-ios-13-lets-us-fake-intimacy-in-facetime-by-corr-1836074445