Home General Discussion

Switched Bovedas

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
i went from 69% to 65. And boy that was a bigger job than I expected. Pulling everything out and putting it all back again took a bit of time. 

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you put one in every cigar box that's in your cooler?
    Don't look ↑
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I spread them out in the cooler. 
    I put a single 8 gram boveda in each cigar box.  This way, I can tell which parts of my tower might be running dry (wet is never a problem for me) and I can rotate them as necessary.  I'm not as money as Nick @Usaf06 yet, who just thinks of a cigar to detect it's humidity, but I'm working on it!
    Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for id rather fight than switch
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been using Cigar Oasis in my wineador and seems to do the job, but I wonder if Boveda would be easier.  Any opinion either way?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a lot easier. I have 3 winedors with all boveda. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

That's be a lot of boveda?  Maybe a few 320s would do the trick
    Don't look ↑
    0patience said:
    So, why the switch?
    Since I went to 65% a long time ago, at least in my area, I find that I don't have a mushy cigar problem anymore. 
    You wouldn't think 4% would make much difference, but for me, it did.
    That’s my problem. I’ve been having issues with them being too mushy. Plus I had way too many in the coolers. Every one says there’s no such thing as too many but after reading up a bit more from Boveda themselves I am cutting the amount of pals I put in also.
    Yakster said:
    Did you take the time to rotate each cigar while you were in there Ricky? :D 
    You know it 😉
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.  I may have to think about making the switch. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Rhamlin said:
    0patience said:
    So, why the switch?
    Since I went to 65% a long time ago, at least in my area, I find that I don't have a mushy cigar problem anymore. 
    That’s my problem. I’ve been having issues with them being too mushy. Plus I had way too many in the coolers. Every one says there’s no such thing as too many but after reading up a bit more from Boveda themselves I am cutting the amount of pals I put in also.
    I'll be interested to see what you think.
    Personally, I'm really happy with my cigars at 65%.
    I have far less draw and burn problems, than I did when I had them at 69-70%.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Rhamlin said:
    0patience said:
    So, why the switch?
    I'll be interested to see what you think.
    Personally, I'm really happy with my cigars at 65%.
    I have far less draw and burn problems, than I did when I had them at 69-70%.
    I, too, have fewer burn problems since switching to 65% but, even at that, I find my sticks smoke even better if/when the RH occasionally drops to 62%. 

Just my opinion..... 🤐