Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    webmost said:
    Yakster said:
    Not only in jail, but public urination puts you on the sex offender list,
    ... and you knew this how?

I used to work at tower sites on radios and learned from the tower climbers that you could get in trouble when the towers are located in neighborhoods.  County radio sites and larger sites usually have porta potties, but cell towers usually don't.
    BERNICE!!  Was rain in the forecast??
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

San Francisco's new DA pledges not to prosecute public urination, other quality-of-life-crimes

Chesa Boudin is the son of Weather Underground bombers. When he was just a toddler, his parents went to prison for murdering policemen with home-made bombs. Hence his distaste for law enforcement.

Boudin was raised in Chicago by Weather Underground ringleaders Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn. That's right: Same home where a young neighbor with the dreams of his father (per ghostwriter) likely kicked off his ambitions to screw up America and get policemen killed.

Fast forward to present day San Fran. Chesa Boudin promised voters that if he was elected District Attorney, he would protect public poopers and pissers, plus prosties and professional pillow biters. Also, homeless could set up their cardboard box anywhere they want. All other candidates were so bad that this second generation terrorist actually won on a peepee platform.

And I am willing to be a fat man all he can eat that the same Friscans who voted for Boudin because all the alternatives stank will never understand how America elected Trump.

You know what? I just now realized: When I first came to Dull-Aware 35 or so years ago, every time I revealed to people that I originally came from California, they would inevitably ask me in astonishment: "Why would you leave?" Then I would tell them the story of Eurydice, my 52' schooner, and why I had to get away from her. Here's the thing: I never hear that question any more! Can't remember the last time.

Tulsi Gabbard for President.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss these radio broadcasts and I'm sure many of you here also feel the same.
    Good 'ol Paul Harvey.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options

I tell you, the Daily Squat might be as much fun as the Babylon Bee.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't link to this but it's our local paper. (Motto: Yesterday's news tomorrow!)
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

LARA TRUMP: TIMBER UNITY IS WHAT MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN LOOKS LIKE

https://oregoncatalyst.com/45772-lara-trump-timber-unity-is-what-making-america-great-again-looks-like.html?fbclid=IwAR1NgcqaBWUVrI7lf_77ZJs3YRPtiRwjrRcnjYII38c4fl9pTzwMcGJrutk

This one took me by surprise.
    As a person who lives in a logging/commercial fishing town and have worked as a logger, this is interesting to see. 
    What transpires from it, remains to be seen. Still skeptical, but we'll see.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I keep wondering when Secret antiperspirant is going to go "gender neutral".
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I laughed but you’re probably right 
  • Options
    0patience said:
    They already have. They just kept it secret.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't be much of a market for an antiperspirant for people who are gender-neutral.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't be much of a market for an antiperspirant for people who are gender-neutral.

College campuses.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    back in 1859 my town was spending a lot of its revenues helping the poor. Not a lot different from social safety nets nowadays. Our house used to be the 'alms house' back then.

• Options
    No photo description available
  • Options
    This is how retarded the county commissioners of the county I live in, are.
    Clatsop County is the largest timber county in the state, making up 1/4 of the state's timber and these idiots pissed away over $285 million, because..........
    well, no one knows for sure.

https://www.dailyastorian.com/news/local/counties-win-billion-timber-suit/article_470bc69a-0beb-11ea-b3ee-570c3767edf9.html

Counties win $1 billion timber suit

Clatsop County opted out

ALBANY — Jurors on Wednesday found in favor of 14 western Oregon counties in a $1 billion lawsuit claiming the state deprived them of revenue for decades by limiting logging in state forests.

The jury recommended the counties receive the past and future damages they had sought — $674 million in lost revenue since 2001, and $392 million in future damages through 2069.

Clatsop County opted out of the legal challenge.

The taxing districts stand to receive $176 million for past damages and $109 million for future damages.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Please delete this post. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And jerks and idiots wonder why so many of us walk around mumbling to ourselves. We would all be mumbling to ourselves but the jerks and idiots are sheeple who act like tiny mindless bots that can't read, learn, research or even know what a library is. And by the way, who cares?
  • Options
    Dermocrat, billionaire, wants to buy the nomination.

Let's give Tulsi a chance.

• Options

• Options
    lol, can't make it up, but if you do, do it well:

Portland Police arrest 35 in Black Friday vegan strip club riot

https://thatoregonlife.com/2014/11/portland-police-arrest-35-black-friday-vegan-strip-club-riot
  • Options

https://thatoregonlife.com/2014/11/portland-police-arrest-35-black-friday-vegan-strip-club-riot
    Unfortunately, it's something that could happen in Oregon.
    Especially Potland.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

What, half price strippers didn’t ring up right or wasn’t enough to go around.
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/yes-americans-are-feeling-the-squeeze-its-coming-from-health-care/2019/12/01/b66b42f0-12c5-11ea-9cd7-a1becbc82f5e_story.html

"Total health spending is now about 18 percent of the economy (gross domestic product), about twice the level of many advanced societies. Imagine what we could do if U.S. health spending had been held to, say, 12 percent of GDP. We’d have 6 percent of GDP, a sum equal to about $1.2 trillion, to spend on other things."
  • Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/yes-americans-are-feeling-the-squeeze-its-coming-from-health-care/2019/12/01/b66b42f0-12c5-11ea-9cd7-a1becbc82f5e_story.html

"Total health spending is now about 18 percent of the economy (gross domestic product), about twice the level of many advanced societies. Imagine what we could do if U.S. health spending had been held to, say, 12 percent of GDP. We’d have 6 percent of GDP, a sum equal to about $1.2 trillion, to spend on other things."
    It’s out of control, especially if you have anything major going on. Then they want you to come in multiple times a day, yet still work to pay for your insurance. 
  • Options

Joe - No malarkey

Warren - 1/1024th malarkey

Harris - Stop that malarkey or go to jail

Bloomberg - no malarkey over 16 ounces

Sanders - seize the means of malarkey

Buttigieg - white malarkey

Yang - 1000 malarkeys for everyone

Williamson - The real malarkey was inside us all along

Tulsi - Stay out of other countries’ malarkey

Booker: I am Malartacus

Klobuchar: I eat malarkey with a rake

Trump: Make Malarkey Great Again

Now then: Who will solve the balderdash problem?

• Options
    The medical industry strikes back;

Hospital Groups Sue to Block Price-Transparency Rule

Health-care providers say disclosure requirement pushed by Trump violates First Amendment

By 
    Stephanie Armour
    Updated Dec. 4, 2019 7:25 am ET

Hospital groups sued to block a Trump-administration rule forcing them to disclose secret rates, for the first time laying out the industry’s legal strategy for defeating the president’s central health-policy initiative.