Home General Discussion

COTM Clubs - Recommendations?

Being a newbie to this world, I'm considering joining a Cigar Of The Month (COTM) club. I figure that would give me the widest exposure without having to try and figure out which cigars to get from the thousands of options available. I know Cigar.com has one and there are many others. Would you recommend any particular ones? I am looking for clubs that provides wide variety of cigars, help educate, and hopefully provide some discount from buying the cigars individually. Thoughts/recommendations? Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only one I would recommend would be the one Small Batch puts out....But to be quite honest, their geared more towards someone who been in the game for a little while.
    Other than that, they're mostly the same...So I'd say go with Cigar.com since this is their site you're posting on.

I would stick with buying five packs of one's you think you might like. Because it's kinda hard to judge something by trying it only once.
    As for which ones....Watch on hear to see what others like and try them....It takes some time to figure out what tastes are good to you....But it's worth the journey

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like CCOM's COTM. Reasonably priced, usually 5 cigars, well packaged. Gives me a chance to try things I'd have never bought, occasionally find one that I consider worth purchasing again. Widens your horizons.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

I'd also recommend watching for the members here who sell samplers; @Usaf06 @Bigshizza @NorCalR1 @JGruvey among others have put them out. You'll always get more than you pay for and it would broaden your horizons.

This is the best advice you will get in this thread.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard StogieBird is a popular one, but I haven't tried it. The one unique aspect to their club is you can choose what level you want monthly and change at any time. I've been a subscriber to CigFed for years and I like what they put out, and for the price it's really tough to beat. If boutiques are your thing, that's a good way to go. Also Privada Cigar Club is great (if you joined in 2017 and locked in at the best price), but it is closed to new applicants and people will have to get in line for that one.
    Just about any club from Cigar.com.or any affiliate site is going to be good for new smokers or those who really just have no idea what's new and worth smoking any more.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."