Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Good to see them stand up to stupidity. If you want to cut costs at USPS, you don't unplug the automation:

Postal workers in Washington State have reinstalled high-speed mail sorting machines—dismantled after controversial orders from the U.S. Postal Service— despite USPS orders not to put machines back in use.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielcassady/2020/08/22/washington-postal-workers-defy-usps-orders-and-reinstall-mail-sorting-machines/#d25550d5f803

Why did DeJoy decide to remove these sorting machines? Were they unreliable, in poor repair, redundant, expensive, about to be replaced, or what? Here's a man tasked with saving money to keep USPS afloat. I have not found his side of why explained in any news article. Yes, it would be "Good to see them stand up to stupidity"... if we could conclude that it was stupidity. Yes, the post office has always been plagued by mismanagement resulting from political patronage, going back to the birth of the nation. But this guy was not some horse show judge like Bush's FEMA clown. He was CEO of a sizable logistics firm. So what makes a logistics bigwig conclude that sorting machines should be abandoned?

Must be something.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@silvermouse said:
    Good to see them stand up to stupidity. If you want to cut costs at USPS, you don't unplug the automation:

Postal workers in Washington State have reinstalled high-speed mail sorting machines—dismantled after controversial orders from the U.S. Postal Service— despite USPS orders not to put machines back in use.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielcassady/2020/08/22/washington-postal-workers-defy-usps-orders-and-reinstall-mail-sorting-machines/#d25550d5f803

Why did DeJoy decide to remove these sorting machines? Were they unreliable, in poor repair, redundant, expensive, about to be replaced, or what? Here's a man tasked with saving money to keep USPS afloat. I have not found his side of why explained in any news article. Yes, it would be "Good to see them stand up to stupidity"... if we could conclude that it was stupidity. Yes, the post office has always been plagued by mismanagement resulting from political patronage, going back to the birth of the nation. But this guy was not some horse show judge like Bush's FEMA clown. He was CEO of a sizable logistics firm. So what makes a logistics bigwig conclude that sorting machines should be abandoned?

Must be something.

From what I have read it’s because of the continuous drop in paper mail. The only reason it’s coming up is because of the surge in mail in ballots coming up. If it was still majority at the in person polling stations then we wouldn’t be talking about it.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@jd50ae said:
    Another Jessee Smollett wanna be. Fake kidnapping and beating. And the co-conspirator has already gone to Prison. Oh, and "she" is a democrat RUNNING FOR MAYOR!!!!!!! And the whole kidnapping idea was supposed to help her get elected.

There,.... FIFY.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

The unapologetically liberal-leaning Washington Post actually has pretty good coverage of the USPO issue, I was surprised:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/24/dejoy-testimony-usps-house/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

• Options

Thanks, silv ermouse... but the link tells me I can't read that without subscribing

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

The postal employees and union s are part of the problem. 4 hour days for 8 hour shifts. When I was still in liberal N Va they would brag about working only 4 hours and going home. On top of that they would get overtime if they got called in. The PO, imho is the most inefficient entity we have in this country. Sad, because it was not always that way. They are their own worst enemy. Get rid of most of the machines, and make them work for their pay and benefits.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Will cnn ever learn?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-joe-lockhart-attacks-sandmann-as-snot-nose-entitled-kid-following-networks-defamation-suit

CNN's Joe Lockhart attacks Sandmann as 'snot nose entitled kid' after network's defamation suit

CNN settled a $250 million defamation lawsuit with the Covington teen
    Take them to court again.

• Options

Disagree with what?

• Options

hillary already telling biden not to concede the election.....

• Options

Disagree with what?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

I disagree, because I don't disagree with Wayne

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hurry up and get to 5K posts, Wayne, so we can have a contest or something.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Yer kiddin' me!
    'N here I thot Bud Light was as useless as titz on a boar.

I stand kerrectid.

• Options

How is the economy really doing? These two headlines explain it perfectly:

Jeff Bezos is now worth a whopping $200 billion

Another 1 million Americans filed for unemployment insurance benefits last week

• Options

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-says-biden-shouldnt-debate-trump-i-wouldnt-legitimize-a-conversation-with-him

Pelosi says Biden shouldn't debate Trump: 'I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him'
    House speaker says Trump would 'belittle' the presidential debates

Smart move, I wouldn't want biden in a debate either. It would be hard to justify all his handlers and far too many puppet strings to hide.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Is there no depth, so deep, that criminals won't stoop to it, is there no shame?

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/nearly-300k-pistachios-recovered-heist-california

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, where's that groan button?

• Options
    edited August 2020

Black Lives Matter protest in NJ results in $2,500 police OT bill for organizer
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-protest-in-nj-results-in-2500-police-ot-bill-for-organizer-18
    About time.....of course it won't be paid. But what a great idea,,,,,

• Options

@YankeeMan said:
    Again, where's that groan button?

I know. When i read about someone sealing pistachios I groaned too. The very nerve of some people......

• Options

2021 will mark the first time in 74 years that a Kennedy has not served in federal or state office

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    2021 will mark the first time in 74 years that a Kennedy has not served in federal or state office

See, things DO get better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

California prosecutor says looters 'needs' should be considered when charged.

I am so bleeping glad I'm retired from law enforcement. I don't think I would get along with an idiot like that.

• Options

lol, good try
    Trump campaign blasts Biden's 'purely political' Kenosha visit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1ltAtetwQ