Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

And remember that politicians are skillful at the art of misdirection.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting to see if the mistrust switched sides had Trump won. Disappointment has to account for some percentage of mistrust. Probably wasn't an issue when Reagan won 49 of 50 states in a landslide victory.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had Trump won, the Burn, Loot & Murder riots would have continued, if not tripled in size and frequency. The left has been very prone to violence the last couple of decades. It's almost like they suffer from some type of mental illness.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    It would be interesting to see if the mistrust switched sides had Trump won. Disappointment has to account for some percentage of mistrust. Probably wasn't an issue when Reagan won 49 of 50 states in a landslide victory.

My mistrust for all of doesn't depend on any side.
    It pretty much covers both sides.

Actually, in 1984, when Reagan won, there was talk of some areas having miscounted ballots, but the margin was so severe that Mondale conceded and it wasn't much of a story, so it was quickly dropped.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Had Trump won, the Burn, Loot & Murder riots would have continued, if not tripled in size and frequency. The left has been very prone to violence the last couple of decades. It's almost like they suffer from some type of mental illness.

Does anyone think that is why he lost?
    Trump often talks of the shadow Givernment and such. Just maybe they ensured Biden won to save the cities.
    If anyone remembers Biden was not even winning his primary

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Diver43 said:

@ShawnOL said:

Trump often talks of the shadow Givernment and such. Just maybe they ensured Biden won to save the cities.

Isn't it interesting that no one finds that odd?
    And I sometimes wonder how the senate races can go the complete opposite.
    I guess I just see things as odd and from the viewpoint of numbers and statistics, removing all opinions, none of it makes much sense.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

@ShawnOL said:

Isn't it interesting that no one finds that odd?
    And I sometimes wonder how the senate races can go the complete opposite.
    I guess I just see things as odd and from the viewpoint of numbers and statistics, removing all opinions, none of it makes much sense.

Ding Ding Ding Ding
    Winner Winner
    I also think Trump lost a lot of votes because of his mouth

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, his name is Igor, so I spose he should know.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Illinois, politicians here have been caught with dead people voting, multiple times. Yet I’m still supposed to “trust” the system. Remember in 16 when ballots that were “missing” turned up in the trunk of a car. The powers that be never “find” actual fraud because that would put a damper on public opinion, so as usual nothing to see here.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I live in Illinois, politicians here have been caught with dead people voting, multiple times. Yet I’m still supposed to “trust” the system. Remember in 16 when ballots that were “missing” turned up in the trunk of a car. The powers that be never “find” actual fraud because that would put a damper on public opinion, so as usual nothing to see here.

So glad I don't have to live somewhere, just to make a living anymore, Illinois, Cali, anywhere on either coast.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

HP moving to Texas.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gosh, I wonder why? Must be for the climate. :D

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ding Ding Ding Ding
    Winner Winner

I find it sad there are people out there more worried about their feelings being hurt rather than substance and accomplishments. Record economy, record support among minorities (for a republican), and unprecedented peace deals to list a few. All these were barely covered or minimized by mainstream media.

• Options

@Significant3 said:

Ding Ding Ding Ding
    Winner Winner

I find it sad there are people out there more worried about their feelings being hurt rather than substance and accomplishments. Record economy, record support among minorities (for a republican), and unprecedented peace deals to list a few. All these were barely covered or minimized by mainstream media.

They never give credit to their enemies.

• Options

Remember December 7th

https://youtu.be/4m9mnLAPEak

What did they die for if this is the result?

• Options
  • Options

View in browser | nytimes.com
    The New York Times

BREAKING NEWS

The cybersecurity firm FireEye said hackers — almost certainly Russian — stole its digital tools, giving the thieves a range of new attack options.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2020 4:07 PM EST

For years, FireEye has been the first call for government agencies and companies around the world who have been hacked by the most sophisticated attackers, or fear they might be.

It was a stunning theft, akin to bank robbers who, having cleaned out local vaults, then turned around and stole the F.B.I.’s investigative tools.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

I went to the liquor store today, and as I was checking out I noticed that on the top shelf, behind the counter, well out of reach, was a red velvet sack that said Pappy Van Winkle on the outside. "How much for that Pappy bottle?" I asked the cashier. I thought that, since she knows my affinity for high-priced Scotch, she might hand it down to me.

Nope

She just looked me in the eye and said "20 year old, 2000". As she is from India, I thought for a moment that she was telling me the date it was bottled. "Dollars?" I asked. Again, she looked directly at me, and then solemnly nodded. "$2,000".

Guess I'll stick with this 18 pack of beer and a bottle of red wine.

I recently saw an article that mentioned unreasonable markups by retailers. The Company encourages folks to report the retailer to the BBB.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradjaphe/2020/10/06/pappy-van-winkle-announces-its-2021-whiskey-lineup/?sh=4988441d3e3c

Kris Comstock, senior marketing director at the Frankfort, Kentucky-based distillery. “Additionally, if you are a customer trying to buy a bottle at a licensed retailer who has marked it up above MSRP, we encourage you to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or contact your state Attorneys General office.”

• Options
    edited December 2020

Vanderbilt women staying inside locker room during anthem
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Vanderbilt’s women’s basketball team has decided to stay inside its locker room during the national anthem this season to both mourn and commemorate racial injustice in the United States.

Here's a thought,..... Stop playing the anthem at ball games. I don't think it's necessary to play the anthem at ball games and I think the only ones who would really miss it would be the the ones protesting it. Just play the game.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^Brilliant^^^

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Mall Santa makes boy cry, refusing his request for a nerf gun.

Santa: What do you want for Christmas?
    Boy: Maybe, I want a Nerf Gun.
    Santa: Naw. Nope. No guns.
    Boy: NERF gun. (He says a bit louder so Santa understands he's not asking for a Glock.)
    Santa: Nope. Not even a nerf gun.

https://youtu.be/AalnRrxRfQ0

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:
    Mall Santa makes boy cry, refusing his request for a nerf gun.

Santa: What do you want for Christmas?
    Boy: Maybe, I want a Nerf Gun.
    Santa: Naw. Nope. No guns.
    Boy: NERF gun. (He says a bit louder so Santa understands he's not asking for a Glock.)
    Santa: Nope. Not even a nerf gun.

https://youtu.be/AalnRrxRfQ0

I hope all the neighborhood kids piss in the gas tank of his Prius.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but then he could still go 56 miles...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope his parents buy him a Glock..

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...