Home Ratings & Reviews

Sancho Panza

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Not to derail this thread about the Sancho Panza HMR :D, but I just noticed that our buddy urby should be hitting his 1000 mark in the next few days. Oh boy, what's the contest gonna be like?
    I remember the man saying he doesn't watch his count and it will not be a big deal at all. Hemingway Masterpieces for the first 1000 people to congratulate him ( I think ). Is that right Urb's
    Sounds like a plan.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Maybe not 1000, but sure, I don't mind shipping out some paperback copies of, say, The Sun Also Rises.
    hahaha, nicely played.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    damn ernest hemingway for having the last name of something thats good!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    What size did you smoke? I may look to get a few

The Sancho Panza I mean... sorry to rerail your derailed thread
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    But if you really do want more suggestions, kas, try the Oliva Special S.
    I have one of those with 18 months on it, but somehow never seem to pick it from the lineup, though I have been tempted. A good one than, Urbi?
    I thought it was excellent, Smoke. I think I gave it a 9.1 or 9.2.
    urbino:
    I thought it was excellent, Smoke. I think I gave it a 9.1 or 9.2.
    Good deal, I'll make sure I give it the time it deserves than. Thanks bud :)
  • i havent had the sancho panza, or the extra fuerte but i have had the duble maduro in both la mancha (5.5 x 44) and lancero (5x54). the lancero had no flavor at all but the la mancha had all the flavor and tasted good. maybe just the duble maduro brand is this way, i dont know.
    The Extra Fuerte is pretty good, worth picking up one or two with an order. I've had only the Cordoba size, which is a corona, and it is pretty good.
    I'm an idiot. I'm reading Don Quixote right now. Why am I not smoking some SPs? (Aside from having a cold and therefore being hesitant to try something new when I can't fully taste it.)
    Speaking of Don Quixote, you had mentioned in another thread that there is a new translation of it. Who publishes that version? I want to look for it at my local book store or maybe Amazon.
    Ecco. It's by Edith Grossman.
    Second question ( I actually answered the first on my own with some googling) is it any good?
    So far. I haven't read any other translations, though, so I have no basis for comparison. It got rave reviews from the people in the know, though.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    So only get 5.
    Very funny. It breaks my heart because the box price is SUCH a better deal.
    1 stick = $750
    Box of 20 = $13,995

750 x 20 = 14,000

14,000 - 13,995 = 5

You save $5 by buying the box.
    I think there was a joke in the kas' post Joe. Namely the fact that you only save $5 with a box purchase, or $.25 per stick.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    So only get 5.
    Very funny. It breaks my heart because the box price is SUCH a better deal.
    1 stick = $750
    Box of 20 = $13,995

750 x 20 = 14,000

14,000 - 13,995 = 5

You save $5 by buying the box.
    Hey that almost pays the shipping !! I just added a box to my cart.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    I think there was a joke in the kas' post Joe. Namely the fact that you only save $5 with a box purchase, or $.25 per stick.
    I'm always frustrated that nobody gets my sarcasm, yet I have a hard time picking up on anyone else's.. Hypocritcal of me, I know. I'm going to blame it on trying to get caught up after leaving town for the weekend.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Back to the Sancho Panza. I had my first one the other night. I got it in a PIF from Smoke I think. It was gold label, box pressed. which one was this? Damn good cigar but it was like holding a smoke bomb and it unraveled on me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think that was the extra fuerte.
    oh, they do have somw quality issues but ive never had one unravel on me.
    Well it unraveled but it stayed together wel enough to be smoked, if that makes sense?!? I enjoyed it thoroughly. Do they all put off that much smoke?
    madurofan:
    Back to the Sancho Panza. I had my first one the other night. I got it in a PIF from Smoke I think. It was gold label, box pressed. which one was this? Damn good cigar but it was like holding a smoke bomb and it unraveled on me.
    Not me unfortunately. After all the reviews, this one is on my must try list though.
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    I'm always frustrated that nobody gets my sarcasm, yet I have a hard time picking up on anyone else's.. Hypocritcal of me, I know. I'm going to blame it on trying to get caught up after leaving town for the weekend.
    I do the same myself, the major failing of sarcasm if you ask me.
    The difficulty of sarcasm on the 'net is one of life's perennial problems.
    urbino:
    The difficulty of sarcasm on the 'net is one of life's perennial problems.
    Exactly, so much of what makes sarcasm is in the tone of voice, something which is quite difficult to produce with text.
    madurofan:
    Do they all put off that much smoke?
    yes. thats one of the reasons why i like that cigar so much.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Do they all put off that much smoke?
    yes. thats one of the reasons why i like that cigar so much.
    It would be a good thing at home but sitting on the patio at a restaurant it was making me a little nervous.
    it just made people wonder how you could possibly be so cool.