Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

In fifth grade my son’s teacher called half way through the school year and told us he was too far ahead of the other kids in math. She said their was nothing more they could teach him until he got to middle school. He spent the rest of the year tutoring other students and helping teach younger students. Our district got rid of teacher aides years ago and now it’s showing but hey we slayed the budget.

Jumping subjects a little why isn’t anyone talking about this NY coverup. They didn’t count covid deaths in nursing homes and moved long haul covid patients from hospitals to long term facilities to make their numbers look better for the elections.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    In fifth grade my son’s teacher called half way through the school year and told us he was too far ahead of the other kids in math. She said their was nothing more they could teach him until he got to middle school. He spent the rest of the year tutoring other students and helping teach younger students. Our district got rid of teacher aides years ago and now it’s showing but hey we slayed the budget.

Jumping subjects a little why isn’t anyone talking about this NY coverup. They didn’t count covid deaths in nursing homes and moved long haul covid patients from hospitals to long term facilities to make their numbers look better for the elections.

Well, hey, it’s New York. That ought to ‘splain it.... 👀

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, I thought that they were counting car accidents as covid deaths if the driver had the sniffles! Isn't that what the trump army said? Brilliant use of both sides of the argument for some unfounded beliefs! I sure do wish I had a cake that I could also eat...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Wait, I thought that they were counting car accidents as covid deaths if the driver had the sniffles! Isn't that what the trump army said? Brilliant use of both sides of the argument for some unfounded beliefs! I sure do wish I had a cake that I could also eat...

The problem is, there is misinformation coming from every direction.
    EVERY direction.
    No side is exempt.

And both sides talk out of both sides of their mouths. I can't keep track of all four narratives that absolutely all say the same thing. That's why Fox and CNN can both blow me.

"Oh my gosh they are over counting cases to make trouble for the president."

"Oh my gosh they were under counting cases to protect the governor"

Freaking insanity.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s pretty wild. It’s only a matter of time before we are walking around in a version of Tom Cruise’s Minority Report, and the A.I. reports you to the Future/Thought Police because, you’re in a shyte mood and may say/do something upsetting to others.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-blasts-mcconnell-and-cowardly-group-of-republicans-in-senate-after-trump-impeachment-acquittal

Aw, gee, Nance...... whassamatta? The big boys toss you out of the sandbox again?? What a shame. Maybe you should go cry on uncle Bernie’s shoulder..... 😜🤣😜🤣

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:

EVERY direction.
    No side is exempt.

And both sides talk out of both sides of their mouths. I can't keep track of all four narratives that absolutely all say the same thing. That's why Fox and CNN can both blow me.

Freaking insanity.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide-admits-they-hid-nursing-home-data-from-feds/

The claim does not apply to Covid deaths in general; but only to those in New York nursing homes, where Covid patients were sent by the governor's orders. The name of the gal who said this is Melissa DeRosa. She was a Cuomo aide. She's on tape. Here she explains the political motivation for witholding these stats..

Not to say that news these days isn't mostly clickbait.

Tough to make sense of anything.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:

@VegasFrank said:

EVERY direction.
    No side is exempt.

Freaking insanity.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide-admits-they-hid-nursing-home-data-from-feds/

The claim does not apply to Covid deaths in general; but only to those in New York nursing homes, where Covid patients were sent by the governor's orders. The name of the gal who said this is Melissa DeRosa. She was a Cuomo aide. She's on tape. Here she explains the political motivation for witholding these stats..

Not to say that news these days isn't mostly clickbait.

Tough to make sense of anything.

Wow, this took me down a news rabbit hole...upset me...I lost two auctions that I was bidding on 😡

• Options

Well this is bizarre:
    https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/stratospheric-aerosols.html

Not from a basement lunatic in a tinfoil hat... from NASA... SO2 cools climate.

The corollary is, turn off the scrubbers at coal plants & you turn off your Gorebull Warbling! Hey, we got plenty coal. Got to fuel those Nissan Leafs somehow or other. Easier than trying to teach a miner to code.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cold snap is testing Texas's highly decentralized electricity model. Power plants don't have incentive to build reserve capacity, but are rather paid for the energy that they sell. On Monday, wholesale prices for electricity on the Texas grid even reached the price cap of $9,000 per megawatt hour (the average price is $25). Unlike utility monopolies in other states, electricity retailers in Texas compete fiercely for customer business and often tie prices to market conditions, but this has left generators worried about sending out skyrocketing bills.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3662023-deepening-energy-crisis-sees-oil-hit-pandemic-high-natural-gas-prices-soar

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sen. Ted Cruz flew to Cancun, Mexico, with his family this week as Texas dealt with a winter storm that as of Thursday still has left 500,000 without power, Fox News has confirmed.

Photographs of Cruz, R-Texas, at an airport began circulating on social media late Wednesday, with people alleging that the senator had left the state for Cancun amid a major crisis. A Republican source told Fox News that the allegations Cruz was traveling to the Mexican city are true.

"The photos speak for themselves," the source said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ted-cruz-airport-power-crisis-texas

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@silvermouse said:
    Sen. Ted Cruz flew to Cancun, Mexico, with his family this week as Texas dealt with a winter storm that as of Thursday still has left 500,000 without power, Fox News has confirmed.

Photographs of Cruz, R-Texas, at an airport began circulating on social media late Wednesday, with people alleging that the senator had left the state for Cancun amid a major crisis. A Republican source told Fox News that the allegations Cruz was traveling to the Mexican city are true.

Really concerned about the millions of Texans that are suffering I see.

The death toll will continue to rise while Teddy Trump sucks down Bahama Mama's and dines on surf and turf.

Fake News I am sure.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

The death toll will continue to rise while Teddy Trump sucks down Bahama Mama's and dines on surf and turf.

So what could you do to thaw frozen windmills if, let's say, you were a senator from Texas? How would your staying help? I spose at the very least you could hunker down in your mansion and show off your premium ice cream collection to a cooperative night-time comedian. You could always generate some political hot air... that might thaw an icy blade or two. Or what? What could you do that you would even get credit for? At the very least, you could wait until June, when the IPCC is once again scheduled to meet in Cancun. No lack of hot air at those important councils.

Though it's always important, no matter what the circumstance, for the impartial observer to demonstrate obdurate obsessive Trump hatred... as a clever nickname might do... cause Red Man Bad most certainly made the icy winds blow. If he hadn't abandoned the Paris Accords, global warming would not have made Texas record cold.

Perhaps the only error here is to assume for one second that any of these rascals give as much as one rabbit's fart in a Texas-size blizzard about ordinary people. If they did, oil-rich Texans wouldn't be tilting at windmills today.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's enough hot air in DC to thaw all of Texas.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

DC.... District of Corruption? Hmmmm.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:

@silvermouse said:

Really concerned about the millions of Texans that are suffering I see.

Fake News I am sure.

Fake News? I for one am pretty sure it is true. But honestly WHO CARES
    If your house was freezing cold with no power and you had the means, would you not get your family out to someplace warm? Was the vacation with family planned last month? Only hater seem to care, what he does when not at work.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I'm on my way to the bank right now. Think I'll try this out.

Been watching NASA's Perseverance landing. All space geeks double masked.

• Options

@webmost said:

Been watching NASA's Perseverance landing. All space geeks double masked.

Of course they are. It's a government entity.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you wear them under your pants or over?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

under the diaper to insure no leakage.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@webmost said:

So what could you do to thaw frozen windmills if, let's say, you were a senator from Texas? How would your staying help?

Probably in no way whatsoever, but it sure is bad optics. If I were a senator, I would sit in my million-dollar mansion or my $20 shack and freeze my balls off with everybody else. I would say that this would cost him votes, but voters are the most forgetful subset of people in the world, so maybe it won't.

Perhaps the only error here is to assume for one second that any of these rascals give as much as one rabbit's fart in a Texas-size blizzard about ordinary people.

Preach!

• Options

Eggs Ackley!

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cruz is getting more coverage than Cuomo in NY!