Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    Cruz is getting more coverage than Cuomo in NY!

That surprises you...

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://ogdaa.blogspot.com/2021/02/only-in-alaska.html?m=1

An' y'all thought wasps in the outhouse were a problem...

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the bear say giggety?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    https://ogdaa.blogspot.com/2021/02/only-in-alaska.html?m=1

An' y'all thought wasps in the outhouse were a problem...

Good thing it was a girl... nothing dangling

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Any of you guys frequent the forum maned quora?

Here this morning, I saw what may be the dumbest quora topic yet, from a fella named Glenn Junus:

Could we reduce the effect of climate change by throwing away the excess water from melting ice caps into space?

... and some other fella promptly pulled out his pocket calc to methodically figure out what it would cost ($275 quintillion)

Quora can be a giggle.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

No mention of Ice 9?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited February 2021

@Yakster said:
    No mention of Ice 9?

Ya, I wouldn't expect Vonnegut from this guy

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be cheaper to refreeze 🥶

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw that earlier. I'd have to change my drawers after seeing that while flying.

• Options

Flying out of SF on a military charter. Not a good feeling when all the AF guys rush to one side of the aircraft looking out the window. Lost the big panels covering one of the engines. Continued on to Hawaii.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Biden orders supply chain reviews, Fry's Electronics shuts down
    https://finance.yahoo.com/video/biden-orders-supply-chain-reviews-120003875.html

Not sure if that is a big F you to Biden from Fry's or if they don't want govt meddling in their affairs. Either way, it's interesting they closed their doors pretty much overnight and removed every social media account. All with in a few days.
    That's pretty impressive.

You have to wonder who's next.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

From the article itself:

This news isn’t shocking to anyone who has been paying attention. The company’s struggles were well documented before the world shut down.

... and from a year ago:
    https://youtu.be/Wq2rUsUTL_0

No Fry's here in DullAware that I know of, but between Amazon and BJs, I can point to three Best Buys and a couple Circuit City stores that shuttered.

• Options

No, not a big shock, but when a store goes from ordering stock and filling shelves, to pulling all adverts, closing doors, sending folks home in every store they have, have to wonder.

Most times, it takes months to close a chain system.
    This was overnight.
    Not saying it can't be done and there weren't alot of curcumstances that contributed, but sometimes, the final straw is obvious.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Don't see how a supply chain review would cause a retailer to close. Supply chain problems, not having stock to sell, would be more likely.

• Options

A cookie has it's own twitter account,
    and it's woke!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@webmost said:
    A cookie has it's own twitter account,
    and it's woke!

They can always get the mental help they need to accept the gender they are born with.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

and people with a sense of perspective and humor are gonna laugh, just like God and nature intended. Seems there's no stopping it, some folks just don't get all egotistical thinking that they were born to correct God's "mistakes".

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

• Options

@webmost said:

That's not just a WTF, that is a WHAT THE EVER LOVING F***??
    That's a lottery you don't wanna win.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited March 2021

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

and people with a sense of perspective and humor are gonna laugh, just like God and nature intended. Seems there's no stopping it, some folks just don't get all egotistical thinking that they were born to correct God's "mistakes".

I should clarify, I am not making excuses for actual hate, just pointing out that if one wishes to be accepted "as you are", or think you should be, perhaps start by accepting those who accept the way we are.

It's not always "Hate". Sometimes things are just funny, and any study of funny will include the fact that most things that are funny are usually painful in some way as well.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@webmost said:

Like the U.N. has the authority or power to force any country to do anything. The U.N.'s only function is to collect money from U.S. taxpayers and piss it away. The U.S. needs to withdraw from the U.N. and stop giving them money.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

I should clarify, I am not making excuses for actual hate, just pointing out that if one wishes to be accepted "as you are", or think you should be, perhaps start by accepting those who accept the way we are.

It's not always "Hate". Sometimes things are just funny, and any study of funny will include the fact that most things that are funny are usually painful in some way as well.

If I pointed at a duck, would you scratch behind my ears and tell me "Good Boy!"

If I signed my check "Bill Gates", would you cash it?

If I stuck my hand inside my lapel, would you give me an all-expense paid vacation to Elba?

When does reality become relevant? Ever?

• Options

@ShawnOL said:

@webmost said:

Like the U.N. has the authority or power to force any country to do anything. The U.N.'s only function is to collect money from U.S. taxpayers and piss it away. The U.S. needs to withdraw from the U.N. and stop giving them money.

You first need someone who is smart enough or wants to protect their country.
    Yeah, not seeing it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@webmost said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

If I pointed at a duck, would you scratch behind my ears and tell me "Good Boy!"

If I signed my check "Bill Gates", would you cash it?

If I stuck my hand inside my lapel, would you give me an all-expense paid vacation to Elba?

When does reality become relevant? Ever?

Hmm...not sure. If you're agreeing with me, then you understood my post. If this is contention, you missed the point by a few billion light years.

I don't hate those who are so lost in their own drama that the only one who can fulfill their fantasies is themselves. Look at Bruce / Caitlin. The ultimate in narcissism, to my way of thinking. But hate him? / them? Why? Not my business. Think of a few hundred jokes? Oh yeah, I can't help doing that, because that shitt is funny as hell.

We all have our pecadilloes, some of us just don't advertise. So, to answer your questions:
    1. if that made you happy
    2. as long as you came to the bank and certified that's how YOU spell Robert Davis
    3. I'll see you off at the airport, expenses are on you

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    No, not a big shock, but when a store goes from ordering stock and filling shelves, to pulling all adverts, closing doors, sending folks home in every store they have, have to wonder.

Most times, it takes months to close a chain system.
    This was overnight.
    Not saying it can't be done and there weren't alot of curcumstances that contributed, but sometimes, the final straw is obvious.

For the last long period of time, Fry's did most of its selling on consignment with manufacturers and reps. Most of the supply chain for the turn key items was non-existent at that point. They're only staying open now so that these reps can haul their garbage out of the stores.

For the hobbyist stuff like parts, they'll just sell the entire lot of it off to someone who will piecemeal it out on Amazon or something. There's just not that big of a market for that kind of stuff anymore because most home appliances are literally disposable.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    edited March 2021