Home Ratings & Reviews

Searching

Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for anyone that might have some original Camacho cigars (corojo or coyolar) hidden away. I purchased several boxes shortly after they sold out and am nearing the end of them. Would also like to find any Diesel Crucible that might be left.

Comments

• FIRERATFIRERAT Posts: 189 ✭✭✭✭

Well that's a fun first post.

F**k You I'm drunk.....
    "I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just how I am,"-Homer Simpson

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buckle up, buttercup.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Looking for anyone that might have some original Camacho cigars (corojo or coyolar) hidden away. I purchased several boxes shortly after they sold out and am nearing the end of them. Would also like to find any Diesel Crucible that might be left.

There is someone named oY....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two sealed boxes. Hahaha...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Edward... couldn't agree more.

@Rdp77 When someone makes their first post a 'for sale' or 'in search of' we generally assume (based on percentages from previous 1st-posters) that this is all they're here for and we'll never hear from them again.

It may appear that we don't like this sort of first posting, but truth be told we love it - it gives us a chance to have some fun and run people off, which in turn reveals which newcomer has the disposition to fit in if they stick around. :smile:

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

I might have a handful of Camacho from 2010-12 but they wouldn’t be just Corojo and I’m pretty sure one Crucible. I would say less then 10 total cigars tho. If you do stick around hit me up after 50 post and we can do a trade.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only original Camacho I never cared for was the havana. So any of them would be nice to get ahold of.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some old Camachos, from before they switched to the ginormously large bands. I'm down to my last few.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, I think you guys are being super nice , and gosh darn it, I will be nice too.
    So here is my input:

We don’t sell cigars. We smoke them.
    If you want my cigars, then you could give me your cigars, but it sounds like you are running low.

@EgoBoundary said:
    You know, I think you guys are being super nice , and gosh darn it, I will be nice too.
    So here is my input:

We don’t sell cigars. We smoke them.
    If you want my cigars, then you could give me your cigars, but it sounds like you are running low.

Thank you so much for clearing that up!! Gosh darn it I’ve been sitting here this whole time waiting for someone to shower me with free cigars. Smoke them?? I really need to try that!!
    Thanks for your input

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spicey response ... I like your style , maybe you will fit right in. Try out the vherf sometime

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

Here is the only site that still has them according to Brian Desind the owner Privadacigarclub.com

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have many different sizes just click on the collectors corner and it brings up the selection they have

@CommanderDuke1_ said:
    They have many different sizes just click on the collectors corner and it brings up the selection they have

Thanks for the info! Will definitely check it out.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me whether Davidoff currently offers a Maduro cigar other than, or in addition to, the Primero?

Thanks in advance… 👍👴🏻

edited June 2021

@Patrickbrick? (Mr. Davidoff)

^^^^ All of the sites where I located these indicate that this cigar is no longer available.

What site did you find these on, please?

@jlmarta said:
    ^^^^ All of the sites where I located these indicate that this cigar is no longer available.

What site did you find these on, please?

I found this through cigar aficionado. I don’t follow Davidoff very closely so I’m not sure if they are still in production.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@jlmarta said:
    Can anyone tell me whether Davidoff currently offers a Maduro cigar other than, or in addition to, the Primero?

Thanks in advance… 👍👴🏻

Interesting question. What do you consider a Maduro? Kind of an elementary question, but I would consider that robusto intenso that we smoked last month to be a maduro. Winston Churchill late hour has to be a maduro. Do those count?

Don't look ↑

Without looking those up, I’d say if it has a Maduro wrapper it’s what I’m looking for.

Now I’ll go look…. Thanks 👍👴🏻

Okay, I’m back. I looked at both the Robusto Intenso and the Winston Churchill Late Hour and neither of them are maduros.

So, I’m led to the conclusion that the Primero is currently the only maduro stick in the lineup. Guess I’ll have to give them a try.

Thanks for your help, everyone.. 👍👴🏻

The Late Hour has an Oscuro wrapper, often called double or triple maduro.

@Yakster said:
    The Late Hour has an Oscuro wrapper, often called double or triple maduro.

@Yakster
    Hmmm. I didn’t know that. I’ll take another look at that one. Thanks, Chris… 👍👴🏻

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    Okay, I’m back. I looked at both the Robusto Intenso and the Winston Churchill Late Hour and neither of them are maduros.

So, I’m led to the conclusion that the Primero is currently the only maduro stick in the lineup. Guess I’ll have to give them a try.

Thanks for your help, everyone.. 👍👴🏻

Lol! Here's a bunch of information. That you may know....

I see. You want a wrapper that the manufacturer calls Maduro. This is why I asked. I smoked both that I mentioned and they're absolutely what I would call maduros.

Since Maduro is a color descriptor, not a leaf, it's up for debate in my opinion. I've smoked some oscuros (Ramon bueno comes to mind) that I would almost call "naturals" and some completely dark black cigars that manufacturers call Maduro.

Here's an "oscuro" late hour

This leads me to vocabulary. "Oscuro" means dark and "Maduro" means mature (interpreted as a shade of brown by most cigar manufacturers).

So that's why I asked my seemingly silly question. Do you want a dark Davidoff, a mature Davidoff, or something that the company just labels "Maduro" even if it isn't?

Maybe that company just doesn't use that word specifically because of the connotation it has. A maduro wrapper can be any type of leaf in almost any shade (other than true "shade" and actual claro).

Don't look ↑
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maduro comes from the aging process.

Maduro means “mature” or “ripe”. It’s been through an aging process and can be Connecticut, Habano, or otherwise. If a person visits the page at Neptune Cigars for Davidoff Primeros, you’ll see options of these and other leaves that have been aged by the Maduro process.

That’s what I mean when I say I’m looking for Maduro. The leaf description needs to say it’s Maduro…. I’d actually like to find a Maduro Davidoff that’s a bit larger than the Primeros but Davidoff doesn’t show any on any of the sites I’ve looked at…

Just because the leaf is a dark color doesn’t necessarily mean it’s Maduro….

Hope this helps…..

Maduro tobacco is not just a color or mature. What makes it maduro is the fact that it is bulked to ferment. The amount of time, temperature, and many other factors that take place during that fermentation process are what determines the color.