Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Las Vegas Golf

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

We are planning a Vegas golf weekend this November and could use a recommendation of courses in the area. Our budget ceiling is around $150 each per round. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on what you want. Course layout, strip close by, free shuttles, conditions, price, etc. There's literally 60 courses within your budget that are 30 miles or less from the strip. Narrow it down?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

If I had a hundred and fifty bucks and was a non resident, I would play

Las Vegas national (retro course, great housing architecture, close to the strip)

Rhodes ranch 12 miles from the strip. Usually good condition, on a housing community.

Coyote springs about 80 miles from the strip but awesome Jack Nicklaus design

Rio Secco super fun design, prolly more than 150. swanky AF.

Royal links - 18 or so miles from strip, links style layout and clubhouse. Pretty fun.

Splurging a little I'd go to Bali hai (directly on strip, prolly 250 or so), cascata (limo service, 350 and above), bears best, Jack course that you might be able to get a good twilight rate on that would fit your budget.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Want more, ask. My thumbs are tired

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    If I had a hundred and fifty bucks and was a non resident, I would play

Las Vegas national (retro course, great housing architecture, close to the strip)

Rhodes ranch 12 miles from the strip. Usually good condition, on a housing community.

Coyote springs about 80 miles from the strip but awesome Jack Nicklaus design

Rio Secco super fun design, prolly more than 150. swanky AF.

Royal links - 18 or so miles from strip, links style layout and clubhouse. Pretty fun.

Splurging a little I'd go to Bali hai (directly on strip, prolly 250 or so), cascata (limo service, 350 and above), bears best, Jack course that you might be able to get a good twilight rate on that would fit your budget.

Thanks for the recommendations! We are playing Coyote Springs and Wolf Creek (splurged a bit on that one..) and want to play one course in Vegas. It looks like most of the courses you recommend will fit the bill. I'll pass these along to our group. Couple of other questions: our Las Vegas round will be on a Saturday-how far in advance do you recommend we secure a tee time? Also one of our group read that due to water restrictions some courses in Vegas will stop watering fairways. Any truth to that? Sounds goofy to me, but thought I would ask anyway. Once again, thank you!

• Options

I've never played on Brown fairways here unless they were getting ready to overseed, but that usually happens in September. Overseeding is done with by the time you guys come in November. I wouldn't worry about it. Most courses use reclaimed water anyways.

Most places don't let you book a tee time more than 14 days out. It'll be November so you don't have to get out there at 5:00 in the morning. I'm guessing you'll have your pick of whatever you want at the 14-day mark.

Desert pines is a pretty cool course. Has a neat two deck range. Pete dye designed it. It's in the middle of town and probably 10 or 12 miles away from the strip. It has an interesting layout other than being pretty flat.

Sienna has a really nice layout too. It has about 200 bunkers on the course. I guess that's it's claim to fame.

Angel park might be cool to play actually. They pick people up for free from the strip, or maybe it's not free. I don't know. They have 36 holes there and a 12 hole par 3 course that you can play at night time under the lights. They also have a real greens putt-putt course that you can do for like 8 bucks or something. Nice restaurant in there too. I'd highly recommend that one actually. If you guys were going to make it an all day golf thing, you could play both 18-hole courses and then the 12-hole course at night time. I've done it before. Cool deal.

Then there's TPC Las Vegas which is completely difficult to get on to and TPC summerlin which is a little easier to get on to but is very expensive. Both are cool layouts, and both of them have TV tournaments that you can watch to see them.

Primm valley golf club also has 36 holes. It is literally on the state line of California and Nevada. It's about a 35-minute drive from the strip. Super fun layouts there.

The Paiute Indian reservation has three 18-hole courses. One of them is pretty prestigious and is called the Wolf course. It's really tough. The other two courses are also really cool there. One of them has an island green, although I find that the green is way too big for such a short shot. Still they keep that thing and really nice shape. It's about 40 minutes north of the strip, in my neck of the woods, but it's a wind tunnel out there in the fall.

If you want anymore let me know. I think out of everything that I sent to you, I'd probably recommend Angel Park.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    I've never played on Brown fairways here unless they were getting ready to overseed, but that usually happens in September. Overseeding is done with by the time you guys come in November. I wouldn't worry about it. Most courses use reclaimed water anyways.

Most places don't let you book a tee time more than 14 days out. It'll be November so you don't have to get out there at 5:00 in the morning. I'm guessing you'll have your pick of whatever you want at the 14-day mark.

Desert pines is a pretty cool course. Has a neat two deck range. Pete dye designed it. It's in the middle of town and probably 10 or 12 miles away from the strip. It has an interesting layout other than being pretty flat.

Sienna has a really nice layout too. It has about 200 bunkers on the course. I guess that's it's claim to fame.

Angel park might be cool to play actually. They pick people up for free from the strip, or maybe it's not free. I don't know. They have 36 holes there and a 12 hole par 3 course that you can play at night time under the lights. They also have a real greens putt-putt course that you can do for like 8 bucks or something. Nice restaurant in there too. I'd highly recommend that one actually. If you guys were going to make it an all day golf thing, you could play both 18-hole courses and then the 12-hole course at night time. I've done it before. Cool deal.

Then there's TPC Las Vegas which is completely difficult to get on to and TPC summerlin which is a little easier to get on to but is very expensive. Both are cool layouts, and both of them have TV tournaments that you can watch to see them.

Primm valley golf club also has 36 holes. It is literally on the state line of California and Nevada. It's about a 35-minute drive from the strip. Super fun layouts there.

The Paiute Indian reservation has three 18-hole courses. One of them is pretty prestigious and is called the Wolf course. It's really tough. The other two courses are also really cool there. One of them has an island green, although I find that the green is way too big for such a short shot. Still they keep that thing and really nice shape. It's about 40 minutes north of the strip, in my neck of the woods, but it's a wind tunnel out there in the fall.

If you want anymore let me know. I think out of everything that I sent to you, I'd probably recommend Angel Park.

Thanks for all the information-it will be a great in helping us decide! Angel Park seems like a really good choice for our group. If you ever get to Montana I can steer you to some good tracks.

• Options

@gripnrip said:

@VegasFrank said:

Thanks for all the information-it will be a great in helping us decide! Angel Park seems like a really good choice for our group. If you ever get to Montana I can steer you to some good tracks.

I'll take you up on that brother.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

They gotta fight Desert Rose..Or whatever it is now...Ain't Vegas, baby, less ya do! 🤣🤣

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

The ditch will always be the ditch, @Trykflyr_1! Lol. It's called something with sunrise in the name now, like "the club at sunrise" or something. Actually a pretty good course on a nice deal almost at the time. Free hot dog at the turn!