silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Tabule and burgers.
    Or tabouli or tabouleh

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@TheKraken said:

Never did grilled carrots before. They were good, not great. Need to figure out something different for them.

Roast them in the oven at 425 on the top shelf with some olive oil salt and cracked pepper. Time depends on your oven, altitude, and number of carrots. Then grill them like you did. Got to soften them babies up a little.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the gross sweet potatoes are for the wife... I hate sweet potatoes

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, could stand to be just a tad brighter…. 🤫

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

how's this?

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much better, Rodger. Now I can make it out well enough to read it with my one tired old eye…😃

I may even copy it for later. Thanks….. 👍👴🏻

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a conversation on vherf about tilapia...ask @rsherman24 about it...

Don't look ↑
  • Options

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheese burger pizza? Looks tasty.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Yep it was okay... probably not again

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a box of Pasta, 3 sausage, two meatballs and finished it off with 2 PBJ for dessert.

• Options

I’m not sure if I’m grossed out or super impressed. I’ll let ya know tomorrow.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick have you decided

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

@Jrflickster said:

I would probably dice the pickles and mix with the sauce, but it doesn't look bad at all.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    Cream cheese and spinach stuffed pork loin (shamelessly stolen from Patrick) with smoked artichokes and cauliflower soup. I've got to start taking pictures, but the smoked artichokes were phenomenal.

Cut the tips off the artichoked and boil for about 15 minutes, then strain. Spritz lemon juice over the tops, then sprinkle with rub of choice and place off direct heat for an hour. I made an aioli to dip them in, but they were so flavorful we ended up just eating them plain.

Was that a low smoke on the artichokes? Sounds great.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Jrflickster said:
    @Patrickbrick have you decided

Impressed.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tabbouleh made with quinoa instead of bulgur wheat. Lots of vitamin K.

from Wiki:
    "In 1929, Danish scientist Henrik Dam investigated the role of cholesterol by feeding chickens a cholesterol-depleted diet.[64] He initially replicated experiments reported by scientists at the Ontario Agricultural College.[65] McFarlane, Graham and Richardson, working on the chick feed program at OAC, had used chloroform to remove all fat from chick chow. They noticed that chicks fed only fat-depleted chow developed hemorrhages and started bleeding from tag sites.[66] Dam found that these defects could not be restored by adding purified cholesterol to the diet. It appeared that – together with the cholesterol – a second compound had been extracted from the food, and this compound was called the coagulation vitamin. The new vitamin received the letter K because the initial discoveries were reported in a German journal, in which it was designated as Koagulationsvitamin"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_K