Home General Discussion
Options

Weekend Blitz

LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
I've only had a few of the coffee-type varieties of Drew Estates, I've held off on trying any others because they're too expensive for something that I'm likely to hate.

This blitz price is one of the first times I've seen them discounted enough to be tempting to me. I'm going to work and ordering when I get back, unless someone can convince me not to.

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Every DE stick I've tried with the exception of the Natural line, I've flat out hated. I have not tried the coffee infused ones, but the Acid line is just gross to me.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    i have had a couple diffeent ones and ill pass...... not for me at all, the Owner of My B&M tells me that women and the Druggis like them thats why they carry them... LOL
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    cabinetmaker:
    Every DE stick I've tried with the exception of the Natural line, I've flat out hated. I have not tried the coffee infused ones, but the Acid line is just gross to me.
    Yeah I like the natural which shocked the hell outta me. The coffee ones are whatever. You're not missing a thing.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you like Cocoa Puffs the Java maduro might be a cigar for you. I thought the Natural line was ok, not a lot of flavor going on but a great aroma. I'm not a fan of infused cigar, I like my cigars to taste like cigars, not some frilly concoction of fragrances.
  • Options
    dsaylesdsayles Posts: 123
    cabinetmaker:
    I agree, the Acid was the first cigar I ever had and thought how do people smoke this crap. Then someone had me try a "real" cigar.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my wife a box of Tabak Especial and we both had one tonight. What a great cigar! Now we can smoke cigars together. I haven't had any of the Acid line but the Tabak Especial are great.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I got my wife a box of Tabak Especial and we both had one tonight. What a great cigar! Now we can smoke cigars together. I haven't had any of the Acid line but the Tabak Especial are great.
    I agree. I like the Tabak. I used to have an occasional Kuba Kuba, but my palette has evolved into liking more "natural" flavors. I still have yet to try the ACID Natural.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    clearly you have yet to have the Liga Pravada no.9, the Liga Pravada T5, or La Vieja Habana these are QUALITY cigars.
    ...all by drew estates
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:
    clearly you have yet to have the Liga Pravada no.9, the Liga Pravada T5, or La Vieja Habana these are QUALITY cigars.
    ...all by drew estates
    +1 to that. I like both Liga Privada blends a lot, I'll need to have a few more T52s to figure which I like better, but both are definitely quality cigars.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:
    ...all by drew estates
    You are right, I have not. If/when they make a DD I'll try them, but the Acid line still sucks - all of them (IMO, of course).
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I actually had the ACID Kubha Kubha at my B&M earlier today. I'm new to cigars and I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the Vegas 5 Gold and some others I've had already. It was ok. Didnt go out on me at all, but did burn unevenly towards the last 2 inches of the cigar and the wrapper started to unravel and cracking the last 2 inches. I wont be buying them anytime soon. But if you have not tried it, its up to you to purchase, and have 10 cigars. Great deal though, so good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I hate the Acid line and everything that is coffee infused by anybody. No thank you, I will drink my coffee and smoke my tobacco seperately.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    All this is pretty much what I'm thinking; but dammit, I'm too curious to pass. And the money is going to a good place!
    I drink Scotch or beer most of the time, but can enjoy a Pi
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I went for this same sampler the last time it was up for DD and didn't like any of them. I came to the conclusion that they are for the people around the one smoking them, not the smoker. I gave away the 5 that I didn't smoke. I am real curious about DE's non infused stuff though...