Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:

Only got about 30 minutes tonight, figured I’d smoke one of these. They really come in clutch. I’m open to suggestions on any other petites/rillos you might have to recommend.

Rorschach, Tatuaje Petite Reserva

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:

Only got about 30 minutes tonight, figured I’d smoke one of these. They really come in clutch. I’m open to suggestions on any other petites/rillos you might have to recommend.

Doesn't have to be short just have to come to terms with what you're willing to waste.... I spent alot of time trying to figure out short and good..which there are plenty, but if you're happy spending $x on a cigar and finishing it or not who's to tell you you can't pitch it whenever you want.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:

Just silvermouse any cigar you want. That means smoke it for as long as you can and save the rest for another time. You can just stick what is left back in the humidor after it has cooled down.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

No!!!!! Don't stick it back in the humidor. Bad. Try LFD series 2000 minis. Spicy. Edward can attest to their quality.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@MrPossum said:

Just silvermouse any cigar you want. That means smoke it for as long as you can and save the rest for another time. You can just stick what is left back in the humidor after it has cooled down.

Sorry my man.... this is one of the worst things you can do to your humidor. It will stink up your humidor and transfer that odor to your new cigars. Leave out half smoked cigars until you're ready to smoke the rest. I know some do this..... but I believe you smoke it till your experience is thru..... no matter how long or how much you smoked.

@MrPossum
    @Vision
    @ShawnOL

I clip them before I put them back in the humidor, about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch back from the burn line. Then I let them cool down to room temp before placing back in the humidor. I even keep it in a separate tray. I have experienced no issues.

edited August 2022

@Hobbes86 said:
    @MrPossum
    @Vision
    @ShawnOL

I clip them before I put them back in the humidor, about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch back from the burn line. Then I let them cool down to room temp before placing back in the humidor. I even keep it in a separate tray. I have experienced no issues.

Still my man... you do you, but this is not advised. You still pulled all that smoke thru the cigar. These will still stink up a humidor. This is again, not advised ever.

From Cigar Aficionado's top ten things never to do.
    "You wouldn't put a charred campfire log in your sock drawer, so why would you put a charred cigar in your humidor? Just like clothes, humidors and cigars absorb aromas. Putting a cigar that is partially smoked back inside a humidor will not only taint the cigars you store inside, but can ruin your humidor, lending it a charred, ashy aroma that you won't be able to easily remove."

@Vision
    That quote mentions a charred cigar, but what if the char is all clipped away? There is no black in the end after I clip it. I am genuinely curious.

I did this because it seemed alright to me to do. I have never read anything against it, but I also never specifically searched.

@Hobbes86 said:
    @Vision
    That quote mentions a charred cigar, but what if the char is all clipped away? There is no black in the end after I clip it. I am genuinely curious.

I did this because it seemed alright to me to do. I have never read anything against it, but I also never specifically searched.

My man. Again.... you do you. I would be interested if anyone..... at all..... does this. I would guess about zero. Trust me on this. This isn't my first year in the hobby. It's absolutely 💯 recommended whole heartedly against doing such a thing.

@Hobbes86

From Holts
    But, let’s keep a few practical considerations in mind. While saving a half-smoked cigar is acceptable, sticking it back in your humidor is a bad idea, unless you’re in love with the charred, sooty smell half-smoked cigars emit (even after they’ve stopped burning). Trying to rehumidify a half-smoked cigar isn’t really worth it, unless you can stick in a ziplock bag by itself with a humidity pouch. I usually won’t save a cigar I’ve started smoking more than a day anyway.

From Cheaphumidor.com
    DO NOT PUT THE CIGAR BACK IN YOUR HUMIDOR. Didn’t catch that part? One more time… DO NOT PUT THE CIGAR BACK IN YOUR HUMIDOR.

I'm just trying to point out that people are going to read this one day and I hope to save a collection or humidor in the future.

@MrShrek said:
    ^Anyone else read Pete’s posts in a Boston accent or is that just me? 😂

I read it back to myself in a Boston accent

I appreciate your efforts, Pete. Your advice is noted.