Home Non Cigar Related

Don't Update Moto G Pure phone November 2022

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I updated my Moto G Pure phone yesterday and now the mobile network / SIM are not working. Talked to Metro PCS, they say it's a known issue with the Moto G Pure phone for all carriers.
Talked to Motorola and they say that they're working with Google on a resolution, stay tuned, they hope to resolve this in 24 - 48 hours.

As part of Metro by T-Mobile's mission to help you above and beyond, we managed to gather all phone numbers affected by the sudden error on phone's SIM lock status right after a software update that the manufacturer MOTOROLA did and with the Combined efforts of our Networking Experts and back end Engineers who tirelessly is working with Motorola tech folks as we speak.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a frickin' phone. How can you approve an upgrade that breaks the core functionality of the phone?

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, it is Thanksgiving day, be grateful it doesn't work, lol.

I was trying to call my Mom. Sheesh.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one of those, it's been trying to do an update. I'll put the kabosh on that.

A little dirt never hurt
    edited November 2022

My mobile network still doesn't work and Motorola level 2 support is less than useful. This is getting old fast.

This email is regarding the current issue about the Android 12 update to your Motorola G pure device. As this moment we are just waiting for our higher support for the resolution for this issue. We do apologize for this inconveniences happened.
    Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. You can contact us back via our toll-free number 1-800-734-5870. We're open Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM and Saturdays and Sundays at 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST.

Warm Regards,
    Motorola Technical Support

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

"We do apologize for this inconveniences happened"

Lol, handy form letter, but they should at least correct the grammar.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call us on our toll free number with your phone that doesn't work.

A little dirt never hurt