Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Katie Hobbs, the Arizona Secretary of State and the one responsible for overseeing elections, oversaw the election contest for Governor between herself and Kari Lake. There were many oddities and flaws during the election and wouldn't you know it? Katie Hobbs won!

Apparently there's no such thing as conflict of interests.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    sign of the times:

"Representative-elect George Santos, a New York Republican, admitted to lying about his work and college history but said it would not stop him from taking office."

The lies should certainly stop him from taking office. People voted based on what they believed they knew about the candidates. I don't understand how we don't have something in place to hold folks accountable in these circumstances, he misled voters!

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t we have a political thread? Some of us purposefully avoid it.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, Rusty. I will be more discriminating in the future though sometimes the boundaries are fuzzy.

• Options

WORLD
    U.K. medical practice mistakenly texts patients they have "aggressive lung cancer" instead of wishing them a merry Christmas

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Merry Christmas to you. You'll be dead real soon.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I would get an ev if the problem of long recharging times and cold weather range reduction could be worked out. Most of the time it would be fine, most of my driving is local. I don't want two cars so I can drive six hours a couple of times a year at short notice. Environmental concerns are real but expensive to fix, especially in our consumer-driven society. Trying to get folks to consume less just triggers their deeply buried obsessive/compulsive disorder.

• Options
  • Options

If paintings of the profit Mohammad are Forbidden. How do they know this guy showed a painting of the real Mohammed? Could just be any old arab.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just another pitiful instance of someone’s personal feelings being more important than facts and someone’s livelihood. Despicable.

• Options

Does it come with the chick with the purple hair?

• Options

Lol. Looks like you can buy "her" Shawn.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Any of you California boys hear about this? I just saw it yesterday.

__Looks like she hired a hitman to off her soon-to-be ex husband and also got herself in trouble for trying to get her dog back from, and harassing her husband's side chick. Then when her hitman squealed on her, she offs herself about three weeks ago but I'm just hearing about it._ _

Deaths of Yuba-Sutter CHP commander, Julie Harding and also her husband's murder under investigation | Timeline

A California Highway Patrol commander was found dead in Tennessee in December. While the investigation is ongoing, here's a timeline of what ABC10 knows about Julie Harding's death.

Harding was a commander for the CHP's Yuba Sutter area. She was with the CHP since 1999 and was a commander in the Yuba Sutter area since 2018, according to Officer Ricardo Ortiz, with the California Highway Patrol.

Jan. 9, 2019: Michael and Julie Harding were married on Jan. 9, 2019, according to court documents.

May 23, 2022: Michael and Julie Harding separated on May 23, 2022, according to court documents.

Sept. 26, 2022: Michael Harding, 53, died on Sept. 26, according to the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Kentucky State Police said Michael Harding, of Celina, Tennessee, was found dead with gunshot wounds at a home in Kentucky.

Oct. 10, 2022: Natasha Davis, 43, filed a police report with the Murfreesboro Police Department saying Julie Harding trespassed on her property and took a dog owned by Julie and her husband, Michael Harding. Davis said she took custody of the dog when Michael Harding went missing weeks earlier. The officer who took the report from Davis said they were taking out an active warrant for criminal trespass.

Oct. 13, 2022: Davis filed another police report saying Julie Harding was harassing her. Davis said her Netflix account had been hacked and her family accounts had been deleted. Davis said the only two profiles were hers with a picture of a monkey, and another profile named "Julie" with a photo of an angry princess.

Dec. 8, 2022: Thomas O'Donnell, a 60-year-old from Napa, was arrested in Sacramento, California, in connection with the death of Michael Harding, according to Kentucky State Police. O'Donnell was arrested on suspicion of killing Michael Harding. (murder for hire) He is in the Sacramento County Main Jail and is set to be extradited back to Kentucky, police wrote in a press release. (Already extradited back to Kentucky where the murder happened.)

Dec. 8, 2022: Harding was arrested and charged with criminal trespassing and was released the same day, according to Lisa Marchesoni, spokesperson for the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office.

Dec. 10, 2022: Clay County sheriff's deputies found Julie Harding dead.

Dec. 13, 2022: Sgt. Amar Gandhi, a spokesperson for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office, confirmed the sheriff's office assisted in an arrest at the Sacramento International Airport in connection to the CHP commander who was found dead in Tennessee.

https://youtu.be/P9e0wKuA4AM

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^I'd have saved this for the Best Caption thread.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I don't understand this. Does anyone really care about pissy royalty?

Prince Harry’s Memoir Has Record Breaking Sales
    The steady drumbeat of revelations that preceded the book’s release helped push early orders and initial sales, making “Spare,” on its first day, one of the best-selling hardcover books in recent memory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/11/books/harry-memoir-sales-spare.html

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhat of an advantage to have half the worlds journalists announcing every time you take a crap. Probably boosted sales.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
  • Options

@silvermouse said:
    I don't understand this. Does anyone really care about pissy royalty?

Prince Harry’s Memoir Has Record Breaking Sales
    The steady drumbeat of revelations that preceded the book’s release helped push early orders and initial sales, making “Spare,” on its first day, one of the best-selling hardcover books in recent memory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/11/books/harry-memoir-sales-spare.html

Yet Harry couldn't, truthfully, be more irrelevant. His books popularity is a sign of the world's plummet into the toilet. I despise his kind of attention seeking and pomp.

• Options

My kind of outdoor sports.