Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

That really sucks Frank. It’s a great looking watch. I agree with Edward, if it’s still turning I’d say it can be fixed.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw, geeze!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put the movement on a time checker and it's keeping pretty good time. The hands are just not turning and I can't get the second hand back on.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like a gear popped out of its pivot hole. Be careful when you take the movement out of the case to not dislodge or lose it.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Keep a magnet handy to find small lost parts.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

And when nothing else works.....
    Hammer time.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

An auction for a jar of sand from the spot where Tom Brady retired has reached nearly six figures. The ebay auction is at $99,000 as of right now, with six days left before it closes. Good thing the shipping is only $5.10.

https://ebay.com/itm/266113528586?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-95i20esSfK&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=cjsOxs4wQz2&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@CharlieHeis said:
    Ok, the one thing that probably comes to most of our minds if asked what does the US actually use the metric system to measure? Booze.
    So I just heard a Canadian call a handle, half gallon, whatever else you prefer, a 66. They go by ounces and call a 1.75 liter a 66. Wtf.

This was bothering me today and I googled the conversion. Now it makes even less sense.
    And I can't find the video now. It was a Canadian in a US liquor store flipping out at the cheap prices. Maybe he said 60 which would be closer to that actual conversion of 59.whatever ounces.
    Either way the point was metric vs. standard being switched.

• Options

actually, it is called a 60, not a 66 according to the scholars on reddit:

grampapinch
    ·
    10 yr. ago
    Canadian here. Most commonly called a "60", as it is 59.**** ounces. Especially since some liquors (just bought a 60 of baileys, in fact) come in this size, but don't have handles on them.

level 2
    Charmandior
    OP
    ·
    10 yr. ago
    Shame it's not just a round 64 ounces, then we could call it a "growler" which is definitely the coolest unit of volume.

level 2
    muaddib99
    ·
    10 yr. ago
    The Scotch must flow
    yeah a 60 is all I've heard up here for bottles of that size (not specific ot whiskey mickey - 375ml, 26er - 750ml 40 - 1.14L 60 - 1.75L texas mickey - 3L

level 1
    Clobberknockers
    ·
    10 yr. ago
    Handle, half gallon, 60-pounder, and grip are all ones I've heard. Northern California, if it matters.

level 2
    djauralsects
    ·
    10 yr. ago
    60 pounder in Vancouver Canada as well, must be a west coast thing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Scotch/comments/1aag82/stupid_question_what_do_you_call_a_175_liter/

• Options

I call it a 1.75 liter and I hate metric.

• Options

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkgj38/this-podcast-has-hosts-jokes-and-expert-guests-its-all-ai-generated

AI Radio is a new show on Spotify. Its hosts cover everything from sex to the latest developments in tech, they joke and go on tangents, and interview experts on the topics being discussed. But there's a catch: the show's hosts aren't real. The experts aren't real either. They're all AI.

AI Radio is hosted by two chatbots named Bella and Adam. So far, the show has two episodes. Bella and Adam talk about current events that sound nonsensical but are actually true, such as discussing Google’s new web toy where you can make colorful blobs sing opera.

• Options
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Ok, the one thing that probably comes to most of our minds if asked what does the US actually use the metric system to measure? Booze.
    So I just heard a Canadian call a handle, half gallon, whatever else you prefer, a 66. They go by ounces and call a 1.75 liter a 66. Wtf.

I call a 1,75 not enough. Retirement sucks.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

@dirtdude said:

@CharlieHeis said:

Don't say that. Let the rest of us have something to look forward to.

• Options

These guys are good…

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@dirtdude

Dammit Randy, find some hobbies and projects. Anything is better than having to go to work every day.

Edit: that was my wtf

• Options

$485.00! Lol Almost as stupid as the $200 pre-ripped kind.

https://launches.endclothing.com/us/product/levis-vintage-clothing-1937-501-jean-37501-0019

• Options
  • Options

The price was capped once; however, as one of its first acts the current administration did away with that.

• Options

Ford is seeking a patent for a system that would enable its cars to annoy users with endless notifications and constant beeps and chimes or even lock owners out of the car entirely if they miss a payment, according to a patent application published last week.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkg7nm/ford-seeks-patent-that-turns-car-into-dystopian-nightmare-if-you-miss-a-payment

• Options

we are our own worst enemies:

"Still, even if only a small fraction of that acreage is planted with neonic-coated seed, it is reason for concern. Every single neonic-coated seed carries a toxic load. Scientists found that a single corn kernel can have enough insecticide on it to kill 80,000 bees, and a newer unpublished review found that a single seed could kill 250,000 bees."

https://xerces.org/blog/will-california-be-first-state-to-ensure-oversight-of-pesticide-coated-seed

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    we are our own worst enemies:

"Still, even if only a small fraction of that acreage is planted with neonic-coated seed, it is reason for concern. Every single neonic-coated seed carries a toxic load. Scientists found that a single corn kernel can have enough insecticide on it to kill 80,000 bees, and a newer unpublished review found that a single seed could kill 250,000 bees."

https://xerces.org/blog/will-california-be-first-state-to-ensure-oversight-of-pesticide-coated-seed

:'(

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain