Home General Discussion
Options

Is this mold in the cracks?

OneillnOneilln Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Brand new to the forum and have been smoking cigars for about a year so still pretty new. I bought a brick of cigars for when friends would like to have a smoke with me but don’t know anything about cigars, just like to partake. One cigar looks completely different than the rest. The wrapper is much darker and there looks to be almost white cracks in it. If I wipe it I don’t see it coming off. Mold? Something weird? Ruined?

Answers

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just Victor Sinclair quality for ya.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah , that brand of cigar is known for inconsistency and poor quality. It’s hard to tell from a picture if it’s mold or not. Ruined? It was that stuff on the wrapper that ruined that cigar…it was doomed from the start.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    That's just Victor Sinclair quality for ya.

@Rdp77 said:
    Yeah , that brand of cigar is known for inconsistency and poor quality. It’s hard to tell from a picture if it’s mold or not. Ruined? It was that stuff on the wrapper that ruined that cigar…it was doomed from the start.

I figured for the price and quantity it was a lower tiered cigar but it was such a good deal it’s fine for friends and when I’m running low on stock.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd much rather offer something I smoke regularly to a friend, even if it's not off the top shelf. Unless I'm trying to ensure he doesn't take up the hobby.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    edited July 2023

@d_blades said:
    I'd much rather offer something I smoke regularly to a friend, even if it's not off the top shelf. Unless I'm trying to ensure he doesn't take up the hobby.

Generally, I would agree. But with my case I have a couple reasons why I get cheaper sticks for my friends. One being only one of them are actually interested in cigars and has some of his own. The rest couldn’t care less about what it is they’re smoking. Two is that all I buy are samplers right now so I can try a bunch of different stuff. The cigar I give to someone who doesn’t care could be one of my new favorites. But I still keep cigars stocked for friends.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 for AJ.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my last business trip the two guys with me where interested but not seriously. I provided My Fathers and Tats. Neither smoke made it half way.

• Options

So I didn’t really get my question answered here. Should I throw it away because it might be harmful or is it just bad quality may just be a sucky smoke?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it's mold. No don't throw it away. Brush it off and it's fine.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Oneilln said:
    So I didn’t really get my question answered here. Should I throw it away because it might be harmful or is it just bad quality may just be a sucky smoke?

It's a $2 stick that if you had any questions about it should hit the trash. Junk them

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's in the foot I would just chuck it, but some people clip the foot and save the cigar. Even if it's in the foot. Or even if you don't wipe it off, you can still smoke it. It's just a little mold. It's not going to kill you.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Out of abundance of caution and input from you guys, I’ll stay on the safe side and toss it. Thanks!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ I like this guy.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis