Home General Discussion
Options

What am i doing wrong?

Im kinda new to cigars but ive found a few i like. I joined cigar .com monthly cigars. Ive had 2 so far that taste horrible. It leaves a horrible taste at the end like black tar looking. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion I would look at the threads hear on what you’re smoking and maybe get a few singles or a five pack. Let us know what you have liked and we can suggest some others accordingly.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

What were the few you liked, and which ones were problematic?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the idea of a COTM thing and went with a few back in the day, thinking I'd get a variety of smokes and 'hone' my palate. The problem is, there are very few of those that are worthwhile. They all stuff some less-than-good are very mediocre cigars in the pack. I'm convinced most retailers that off COTM's use them to get rid of their slow movers.

If you had cigars that actually tarred up, we've all had that happen. There are conflicting ideas on why it happens... when it does the remedy is to cut a little more off.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smokeinn and smallbatch probably the only 2 worth cotm. Maybe stogiebird if that's still a thing

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you back, @jliu or is this a hit and run?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    juanestjuanest Posts: 4

The tar taste, could be a few things – maybe they're too wet, or you're puffing too fast. Try letting them rest a bit before smoking and take it slow. Also, cleaning your palate with something like sparkling water might help.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eating an apple really cleans the palate.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )