Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O war Virtue

I just tried the Virture!  It was very robust and flavorful like the Original and Ruination, but it was generally milder, smoother and a bit spicy!  What do you think?

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think I want to try one.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    cabinetmaker:
    I think I want to try one.
    +1
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    +2
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am not sparking mine until next week while on vacation
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like I would love this cigar. Haven't seen any lately though in the local B&Ms. Maybe we will get lucky and have a DD on them at some point.

"Long ashes my friends."

• have you seen any MOW at a B&M?
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    mustluvcigars:
    have you seen any MOW at a B&M?

I have not seen any MOWs, and I was just looking for them at my local B&M on Saturday.

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    doromath:
    mustluvcigars:

I have not seen any MOWs, and I was just looking for them at my local B&M on Saturday.

It's brand-spanking new, and made for CI/CCOMs shipping facility. I seriously doubt it will hit any B&Ms for a little while. In fact, I've never even seen the Ruination at any B&M, and I've got 20 or so in my area. I have seen the standard MoW line in one near me, though that was quite a surprise to me.
  • TatuajeVI:
    doromath:
    mustluvcigars:

It's brand-spanking new, and made for CI/CCOMs shipping facility. I seriously doubt it will hit any B&Ms for a little while. In fact, I've never even seen the Ruination at any B&M, and I've got 20 or so in my area. I have seen the standard MoW line in one near me, though that was quite a surprise to me.
    surprise to me too, the brand is owned by CI. The shops around here and even the one or two cigar reps ive met have a severe disdain for the onlne retailers, shocking that they would carry it on that account, however if I owned a shop I would want to carry lines that sell and it is a hot brand.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered the Dirty Dozen and cant wait to let the virtue rest for a bit then toast it up ...... Iam really looking forward to this cigar!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got 12 of these coming today and it's going to be hard not to smoke one right away.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I've got 12 of these coming today and it's going to be hard not to smoke one right away.
    . wow 12? where did you buy those from? I know you didnt order 12 DD's did ya ? How much did you pay for em?
    zeebra:
    Russ55:
    . wow 12? where did you buy those from? I know you didnt order 12 DD's did ya ? How much did you pay for em?
    From this one:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/126806.aspx
    I just got a mix 6 in.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    I just got a mix 6 in.
    So get after it. I fully expect you to fire one of em up on the ride home. It's time to break that new car in with the sweet stench of tobacco. I expect a full report tonight.
  • Corymc23Corymc23 Posts: 31
    I just made an impulse buy and bought the Man O' War Virtue without ever smoking a regular man o' war... I guess there is something to be said about hype isn't there?!
    Corymc23:
    I just made an impulse buy and bought the Man O' War Virtue without ever smoking a regular man o' war... I guess there is something to be said about hype isn't there?!
    It would be if it was actually hype, haha. I've smoked a whole lot of different cigars, and the Ruination is far and away the best I've had. And if it's one of Alex's tops, you know it has to be good. I hope the Virtue is half as good as the Ruination. I'll find out tomorrow!
    I just smoked the robusto fresh off the truck. I'm not much of a reviewer, but here are my thoughts:

The cigar was slightly soft, maybe a tad under filled. Construction was good. It lit and burned well. Lots of smoke and an easy draw. The body surprised me. I knew it was going to be around medium strength, but it still impressed me for a connecticut. It's definitely full flavored and smells great. Toasty, nutty, creamy, maybe some cedar. There's a lot more to this one than a standard connie. I really liked it and I'm picky about connecticuts. I'm not sure why this has the MoW label on it. It doesn't really resemble the MoW in flavor, at least to me. Maybe I'll have to try a few more.

Sorry that's not one of those "tastes of clotted cream on toast during a sunrise reminding me of my boyhood in Surrey" kind of reviews. In short, it's good. I like it, but I'm going to have to try it again and in other sizes while paying more attention.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:

Sorry that's not one of those "tastes of clotted cream on toast during a sunrise reminding me of my boyhood in Surrey" kind of reviews. In short, it's good. I like it, but I'm going to have to try it again and in other sizes while paying more attention.

Good stuff! And it was a grweat review....if we wonated the other kind we'd be on CA not CCOM :)
    Jetmech_63:
    Russ55:

Good stuff! And it was a grweat review....if we wonated the other kind we'd be on CA not CCOM :)
    How much of that MacCallan have you had there Vin? haha
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to type on the keyboard in the middle....not working out so wlel :) lol
    Jetmech_63:
    Russ55:

Funny stuff, I dont remember seeing this anywhere on any reviews when I saw this and I was going to say something sarcastic, like - Its prolly more like the taste of Creme Fresh!

I happened to be going through my fourtoreview thread and in my 1st review there it is! Tastes like Clotted Cream on Scone!!

A$$

It probably did, but what A$$ posted that! Oh yeah it was me over a year ago!!

Funny stuff -- to me anyways... Im applying to CA today!.

Funny enough, when I was reading it, I remember the flavors being so VERY pronounced on that Nub. Reading the review totally brought me back to that smell though!!

I've posted this elsewhere as well since there were multiple threads on this cigar, so I figured I'd post it actually in the Review section now.

I had the lancero today. Excellent burn, construction, and draw. It had a nice firm feel, nice weight, and a toothy wrapper. Upon cutting, it had a perfect draw.

Started off a bit peppery, but then smoothed out nicely about 1.5 inches in. It definitely had a medium body, and was actually stronger than I was expecting. Got pepper and earth initially, but then it developed into a cream and nutty flavor, but the body was still there. And it put out TONS of smoke. There was no 3 puff draws on this one. Just one short draw, and a mouth full of heavy smoke. Also had a nice long finish. All in all, a pretty good smoke, but still not going to replace the Ruination for me. However, those who find the Ruination a little too strong for them will probably like this one.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I might need to have a warrior day: smoke a virtue early, a regular at lunch, and a ruination after dinner!

Let us know how it goes. Im guessing you toss ur cookies.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    pnaylon:
    I might need to have a warrior day: smoke a virtue early, a regular at lunch, and a ruination after dinner!

This is the best idea I have ever heard! Let us know how it goes, and I may have to copy this...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    pnaylon:

Don't forget to watch 300. I swear Man O War is the official cigar of Sparta.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    sightunseen:
    pnaylon:

Don't forget to watch 300. I swear Man O War is the official cigar of Sparta.
    This guy had a warrior day (Right-click + View Image to see full pic):

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    pnaylon:

i am going to do this. except i think i will have to wait a bit for a day i can do it.... or i will smoke a virtue when i get home at 5.30, a MoW at about eight or nine, and a ruination at like 1 or 2.... Its a plan!!!!
  • Corymc23Corymc23 Posts: 31
    I just got my 6 MOW Virtues in and I have one regular MOW... I might try for a two cigar day but I'm not touching 3... we novice types are new but not dumb.