Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pasteurization doesn’t remove anything from milk besides bacteria. The temp is raised to a point that it kills what bacteria is there. None of the nutrients are removed and nothing is added.

Homogenizing is a different story. That’s when chemicals such as chlorine bleach are added to milk.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

Homogenizing is a different story. That’s when chemicals such as chlorine bleach are added to milk.

Didn't know that about chlorine.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will never buy homogenized milk if I see it, thanks, Rusty.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

Isn't it all?

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@ShawnOL said:

Isn't it all?

That's what I was thinking too. I don't drink much milk, and when I do, it is raw, but my recollection is all "store-bought" milk says "Pastuerized and homogenized" on the label.

@Bob_Luken said:

@ShawnOL said:

Isn't it all?

Yep, pretty much all of it is if it’s bought in a store. I’d imagine you could probably buy some at one of those Whole Foods stores but I can’t say for sure.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like mine with xtra bleach please

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why you are better looking every day.

A little dirt never hurt

Here's something to do in case you don't have a life:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hershey-faces-larger-lawsuit-over-194821810.html

@silvermouse said:
    Here's something to do in case you don't have a life:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hershey-faces-larger-lawsuit-over-194821810.html

Sad thing is that this will probably settle out of court with a nondisclosure agreement….which is exactly what the plaintiffs want.

Sad state we’re in as a society

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17

@dirtdude said:
    I didn't die from drinking raw milk but had a near death experience from the psilocybin mushrooms I picked from the cows pasture that provided the raw milk.

Psilocybin…the magic in the mushrooms 🍄 Probably tasted like 💩 too 🤔😜

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, our politicians seem to be obsessed with people who are wearing masks. After all, historically the only ones who wear masks were the bad guys. Except of course the Lone Ranger.

edited May 18

Because people, including the people who still think they need to wear them for health concerns, are aware that criminals are taking advantage of the situation.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/07/1161623700/nyc-stores-masking-eric-adams-robberies-shoplifting-bodegas

Freedom is such a flexible concept. "Ban guns and only criminals will have guns" Same with booze, drugs, pocket knives in schools and airplanes etc.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes it hard to track your every movement if you wear a mask.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18

Are you suggesting our benevolent government overseers would use facial recognition software and cameras to record our movements? Like that could ever happen.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

All I meant to say was typically all convenience store robbers these days wear covid masks, not for their health, and also, it's not at all unusual for lawmakers to take issue with people who wear masks. Look it up. Historically speaking, this proposed NC law ain't new, or remarkable.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18

@First_Warrior said:
    Yep, our politicians seem to be obsessed with people who are wearing masks. After all, historically the only ones who wear masks were the bad guys. Except of course the Lone Ranger.

and Batman, Spiderman, How did Clark Kent get away with just glasses?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23

**** cops don't understand anything bro. What's wrong with you guys, @Usaf06?

https://x.com/_ROB_29/status/1793066988694385111?t=61yh_Hq3PEnwjULVnZBW3g&s=09

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and this

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, just wow.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glitter can cure many things....beheading ain't one of those things.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the hell can glitter cure? I guess I need some. I think.

A little dirt never hurt