Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Podcasts

Does anyone listen to any cigar podcasts. I like to take them on my ipod to work with me and check them out but now that I am all out of the old ccom radio podcasts I am looking to find some new ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I don't listen to any but I would like too for sure
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    www.cigardave.com - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cigar-dave-broadcast/id318535478 first hour is usually about politics with a tobacco/smoking theme. Second hour he fields calls from around the nation asking questions and giving out cigars. I think there are a bunch of others....try google... but this is the one ive been listening to for a while.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I listen to these two:
    Dogwatch Cigar Radio
    Stogie Fresh 5

The Stogie Fresh guy can be irritating in his over pronunciation of Spanish words and general speaking voice, but I agree with the majority of his reviews. He does 1 cigar and pairs an (alcoholic) drink with it, rates and reviews them both.
    The Dog Watch guys are more appealing to me; they're both kind of gruff, no-nonsense fellers.

I'm not fully sold on either one tho; I listen to ones that are reviewing cigars I'm interested in, and skip what I'm not. They both release shows consistently, and help pass the time at work.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I've only listened to the dogwatch guys and I like them, but I can't stay awake when I listen. It goes on just wayyyy too long. They could easily cut that show down to a half hour and make it more interesting but they don't bring much of their personal lives in and their reviews tend to be accurate, but bland and poorly delivered. I might give them another shot now that I know more about cigars, but jeesh, gotta get a cup of coffee first.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t found any I like. Most fall in three categories for me:
    1. noobs who know little about cigars and I can not learn from or enjoy listening to.
    2. Been smokers for a very long time but seems to have never really learned anything and again I can’t learn from or enjoy.
    3. Knowledgeable but but come across as hipster dbags, who I can’t enjoy listening to.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand podcasts. I'll choose music over people talking every time.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have come across quite a few where the folks come across as what I would call "fashionable smokers." They have tricked out smoke rooms and seem to focus a lot on the way their humidors look. They aren't bad guys or anything, I just can't get down with the fanciness of it all.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I listen to the cigar authority occasionally. It's formatted like an FM radio talk show. 2 hours. They have cigar guests on a lot. Steve saka a lot. They push their own stuff quite a bit.

Stogie geeks used to be pretty cool. The main host Joe had a hard time finishing a sentence, but he knew a lot about cigars. They have a lot of industry guests on their podcast and a lot of new manufacturers. They had mcaliff when that brand first started out and they had a lot of guys when they were first starting out. Obviously that'll bring some busts, but not bad overall. I enjoy their sticks of the week. The ones after episode 360 really blow. Probably got five guys sitting around and nobody knows anything about any cigars. But the archives are still out there.

Cigar Coop another one people seem to like. The host sounds like a little boy though and I could just never get over that.

Then there are the ash holes. A different crew from two guys that does a half hour show. Nothing really compelling in it.

That was my disagree charlie. I'll take people talking over music six out of the seven days a week. I listen to podcasts and books all the time.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy listening to some celebrity interviews about cigars, Michael Jordan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    I have come across quite a few where the folks come across as what I would call "fashionable smokers." They have tricked out smoke rooms and seem to focus a lot on the way their humidors look. They aren't bad guys or anything, I just can't get down with the fanciness of it all.

I forgot about those

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigar authority is good, but it’s a large percentage marketing. I used to listen to cigar coop a lot but , like frank says, coop is tough to listen to extended periods of time ( but probably more knowledgeable and industry focused). The stogie geeks are nice enough but the content doesn’t try to keep my attention.

• Options

Judging by the previous comments, I've made the correct choice for me. I grew tired of expert opinions a long time ago with a certain sports channel. Sure, I'd love to watch a sporting event, or smoke a cigar. I don't care to listen to "experts" talk about either one anymore.

• Options

That was my wtf Frank lol

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sir. I think a Saturday or Sunday night vherf would make a great podcast.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Rogan smokes cigars. Even has his own blend by Foundation. Doesn't talk much about cigars on the podcast but most shows are very good

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foulkes & Sons, slightly entertaining in the way much British TV is. They seem to make up their minds about a cigar on the first puff.

https://youtu.be/Yo41OHr_dL0

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )