Home General Discussion
Options

What is the MOST expensive BOX you ever bought?

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
To go the total opposite direction as another thread...what is the most expensive box of smokes u ever bought?? For me, it would have to be a box of 10 Padron Family Reserve 45s ($240). Beautiful cigars may I add.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Straight box, Partagas 150 box of 25. Approx $460. Or the Don Carlos 30th Anniv. 30 Cigars. 3 sizes, 10 of each with Prometheous Cigar box (humidor) and matching travel humidor. No hygrometer or humidifier. $1250.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    20 MOW for $69.95 :p
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    A box of Nub Cameroon Box Pressed Torpedo the week Cigar.com debuted them over 2 years ago, I think I paid $129, I didn't have an account yet. I still have 5 left.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    5 Vegas Limitada 08. It was only like $96 or so when I had my COTM discount.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    sol1821:
    I might add that this was a great buy and loaded with value
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    MOW Ruination belicoso's - 20 for $110.00
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Straight box, Partagas 150 box of 25. Approx $460. Or the Don Carlos 30th Anniv. 30 Cigars. 3 sizes, 10 of each with Prometheous Cigar box (humidor) and matching travel humidor. No hygrometer or humidifier. $1250.
    $1250! So far that's the record

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Don't think anyone here can top that... maybe Alex?
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hayblet:
    rwheelwright:
    If you are talkin about svenson then maybe but definately not me! The most expensive box I have ever bought was the LFD air benders for $105. I shop sales and discounts and such. But when the MoW freebie offer shows up, it will be $160 for the robust #2s.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Mine's not anywhere close to Rich's, but I did get a pretty good deal on one of the last remaining boxes of Oliva V Maduros from the original 2008 release, I think I paid $75 for the box of 10. Three cheers for Cigar.com! Hip Hip HoorAY! Hip Hip HoorAY! Hip Hip HoorAY!!!

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Box of Liga Privada No.9 - $175.00
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    rwheelwright:
    If you are talkin about svenson then maybe but definately not me! The most expensive box I have ever bought was the LFD air benders for $105. I shop sales and discounts and such. But when the MoW freebie offer shows up, it will be $160 for the robust #2s.
    Alex, PM me about the Ruinations.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Well, I bought a box of Tat Black Tubos for $120 (all hail The Beard!). Hmm... box split of the Padron 1965 Maduros was around the same price. Hmm, Tim and Jeff helped find me three 10-count boxes of the LFD DL Maduro Chisels. Think those set me back a total of $190 or so.
  • Options
    Well, there was this one Asian chick in Vegas... oh wait, you meant box of cigars. ;) haha...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    Mine's not anywhere close to Rich's, but I did get a pretty good deal on one of the last remaining boxes of Oliva V Maduros from the original 2008 release, I think I paid $75 for the box of 10. Three cheers for Cigar.com! Hip Hip HoorAY! Hip Hip HoorAY! Hip Hip HoorAY!!!

Dude....... have any more of the maduro V you want to trade away???? Ill try to make it worth your while!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think wheelie gets the win...I can come close, I bought the 45 count humidor box of Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro for $750 back when they had just been released.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I think wheelie gets the win...I can come close, I bought the 45 count humidor box of Padilla Signature 1932 Limitado Oscuro for $750 back when they had just been released.
    Do you happen to have pics??? I would love to trade for one or two of them :D
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    bacon.jay:

Dude....... have any more of the maduro V you want to trade away???? Ill try to make it worth your while!
    how many are you looking for? I've got a few of the 08 V Maduro left
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    j0z3r:
    Do you happen to have pics??? I would love to trade for one or two of them :D
    If I can remember, I'll try and get a pic or two up. I kinda messed my hand up today, so it's going to come down to how difficult it turns out to be, but I'll try.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Box of 10 Oliva V Maduros 2009, I paid $96 for them I think
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Padron 1926 Anniversary No. 9 $280.00 if I remember right.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    sol1821:
    Oh yes, I bought it on a whim, as everyone on here seemed to love it. I wanted to get a second bundle but the price went up to $100. So didn’t.
    In my last order there was a flyer advertising that bundle at an even better than what I paid the first time price. (offer ends 5/30/2010)
    If I had the room/money, id be all over that.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    sol1821:
    fla-gypsy:
    sol1821:
    Oh yes, I bought it on a whim, as everyone on here seemed to love it. I wanted to get a second bundle but the price went up to $100. So didn’t.
    In my last order there was a flyer advertising that bundle at an even better than what I paid the first time price. (offer ends 5/30/2010)
    If I had the room/money, id be all over that.
    A while ago I snagged a bundle of 20 MOW for $50. Good action! So far I have gotten some great deals on boxes so none have been very expensive. I think the most I paid for one was $80 for the Gurkha Super Premium Sampler box (it's a beautiful presentation by the way).
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    2 years ago I bought a box of Arturo Fuente Anejo #77 "sharks". Great buy, and worth every penny I thought. Truly cant remember the price, but I got a great deal, ended up being around 12 per stick with tax I think...maybe 14 per stick....but better than I couldve gotten them anywhere.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have a box of the 08s and a box of the 09s>>> still in the plastic. PM me.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hawk55:
    '08 and '09 what? The V's?
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    firetruckguy:
    bacon.jay:

1-2-3...... whatever you want to trade off. Ill send you a PM sir.
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    you have mail
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    cholmes8310:
    firetruckguy:
    bacon.jay:

1-2-3...... whatever you want to trade off. Ill send you a PM sir.
    And back to you.
  • Options
    taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I spoke about this in the Casa Fuente post but my buddy and I split a box of Casa Fuentes from the store in Vegas for $252.00